What Car ? Why ?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I seen 2 Manual on Sale.
But those I know so far all SST... Including Ralliart Lancers...
Ralliart Lancer Evo is uncommon. Lol, it looks like the newer Evos in our country is going down to the automatic transmission route. :biggrin:

Actually if you are only driving around clean compound then it will be fine. Imagine running on gravel with naked trumpet, you prompt to chance dust, dirt, debris, etc to be sucked into the engine sure don't want those to be inside your engine. Worst case what if water :biggrin: :biggrin:
If that happens, then can say bye bye to the 4A-GE already.

DracBrax

Known Member
Jun 21, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I would say RX-8 because it's a 1.3L which means you get a cheaper road-tax but it gives out Stock if Automatic = 197 hp @ 7200 rpm
Stock if Manual = 238 hp @ 8500 rpm. Its powerful and believe me its fast and its nice. Of course, you need to be prepared to fuel up this car a lot, its a rotary.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
I would say RX-8 because it's a 1.3L which means you get a cheaper road-tax but it gives out Stock if Automatic = 197 hp @ 7200 rpm
Stock if Manual = 238 hp @ 8500 rpm. Its powerful and believe me its fast and its nice. Of course, you need to be prepared to fuel up this car a lot, its a rotary.
Even if you manage to save some $ from the cheap road tax, you left out the fact that rotary engines need to be rebuilt for every 30k km interval or so. The engine oil for rotary engine is not cheap as well. In the end, you will end up spending a lot for RX-8's maintenance and petrol bill.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-talk/434768-i-think-to-buy-rx8-but-im-not-sure-the-car-is-ok-on-engine-and-gearbox-or-not-2.html

Look at what others have said about RX-8.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Can forget about RX-8 if u r not rich enough to maintain it.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Can forget about RX-8 if u r not rich enough to maintain it.
That's why the pricing of RX-8 now is even lower than the old FD3S RX-7. Because nobody wants it I guess. Previously, RX-8 and 350Z is priced rather close but now, the gap is getting wider. RX-8 is depreciating faster than 350Z. Now 50k to 80k can buy RX-8 already. For that price, I'd rather get S13, S14 Silvia, 180SX or Altezza if I wanted to get a RWD car.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Rich to maintain also troublesome. My wife's boss got one for his daughter and because of parts problem car parked in garage for about a month.... Now sold....:rolleyes:
I remember you mentioned this before in that RX-8 thread. But RX-8 spare parts are that difficult to source? I thought RX-8 are quite common in Malaysia already?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I remember you mentioned this before in that RX-8 thread. But RX-8 spare parts are that difficult to source? I thought RX-8 are quite common in Malaysia already?
Yup, my wife is like PA to the boss, so she does most of his personal things for him, like renew insurance and road tax for the bosses private cars, so more of less knows what is happening. The RX8 at that time had problems so was parked at home and arrange another car for the daughter's use.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, my wife is like PA to the boss, so she does most of his personal things for him, like renew insurance and road tax for the bosses private cars, so more of less knows what is happening. The RX8 at that time had problems so was parked at home and arrange another car for the daughter's use.
RX-8 really is a headache car. Makes you head spin like how the rotary engine works. :rofl:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Looks like a look of young people and fresh grad just pop out everywhere lately.....so many of the similar thread in the forum....
Sport car for fresh grad
dilemma in choosing sport car
decision to buy......
etc etc

Makes me feel like car prices just took a deep dive...or I'm getting old....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Was thinking the same, maybe fresh graduates just graduated lately, and start to dream big but a bit too rush for some.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Looks like a look of young people and fresh grad just pop out everywhere lately.....so many of the similar thread in the forum....
Sport car for fresh grad
dilemma in choosing sport car
decision to buy......
etc etc

Makes me feel like car prices just took a deep dive...or I'm getting old....
Around this time a lot graduating right?:biggrin:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone can help me out here..i need the manual for blitz meter SJ model...i dont have the manual so cannot set the 180kmh cut off..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience