DIY Braided Brake Hose

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i found old cable ties at my home, similar to TS one but black in color.

the plastic bag got write the specification of the cable ties.
mine i think 8.2kg minimum tensile strengh ( i think so because the paper torn out dy :banghead: )

i can't break it off:biggrin:

maybe u can find better strenght one.
Strength is one thing, whether can stand the heat etc., is another....:confused:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
vr2 : can one la. The only thing is like what Joe said - you need to use good quality cable ties. Mine actually snapped a few under the braking pressure exerted on the hose. The expansion was enough to break the cable ties!

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
vr2 : can one la. The only thing is like what Joe said - you need to use good quality cable ties. Mine actually snapped a few under the braking pressure exerted on the hose. The expansion was enough to break the cable ties!
You use RM2 for 100 ones......hahahahaha:rofl:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
How many cable ties per side you did on your car?

You use RM2 for 100 ones......hahahahaha:rofl:
Maybe better lar...daiso...RM5 haha

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
So next DIT we can try do it on our stock cars without steel braided hose and see what's the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
pls do make sure your hoses are in good condition.

happen to me on my old ride, bought it used but nvr change the hose then i did this.

those places covered with cable ties will not expand much, forcing the pressure to those without cable ties, if it old and hard it will burst at those area and caused leak.

its a good diy, just make sure all hoses in good condition, replace it before doing this if its too old

brake hoses are suppose to be change anyway as 1 of the maintainance

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Holy Crap....

I searched thru my old Hard Disks.. and found a whole album of DIYs and my Old Sunny Pictures!!!
Including detailed pictures and steps I originally posted (now missing picture links) on the DIY Braided Brake Hose
Gonna be posting them up soon once I sorted things out.. HAHAH! Goodie

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Holy Crap....

I searched thru my old Hard Disks.. and found a whole album of DIYs and my Old Sunny Pictures!!!
Including detailed pictures and steps I originally posted (now missing picture links) on the DIY Braided Brake Hose
Gonna be posting them up soon once I sorted things out.. HAHAH! Goodie
Im pretty sure there are something else in the old HDD..like..poooo...r....hahaha

Waiting for your picture =)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all..anyone had use before? what is the durability compare to original...any experience is welcome..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience