DIY Braided Brake Hose

khguan

Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
i got this idea from our DIY King Johnson Lam... anyway.. duno where has he gone.. very long time din c him here...

things needed:
1. car jack
2. tyre nut spaner
3. cable ties 4" or 6" (i used 6" cos wider strips - no need to tie so many mah :P )

instructions:
1. jack up ur car and remove de wheel
2. locate de brake hose
3. use de cable ties on de hose.. as shown in pics below

happy DIY!! cheers!! B)

well... this is de original brake hose.... for front

khguan

Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
this is after i tied de cable ties to de hose... will take some time tieing one by one...
tie until its tight can liao.. not too tight..

khguan

Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
this is de rear brake hose.

ya forgot to state how many cable ties needed...
for de rear brake hose... will need about 25-30pcs, front is about 60pcs (for 6" long cable ties)

alantan

Dec 24, 2003
the effect should be brake less spongy feeling which is very good for waja's brake
.....because teh hose won;t expand as much

lawrencelyl

Oct 22, 2004
www.intel.com
i did mine too... but didn't really feel any difference la... before i do braided hose, my brake don't have spongy feeling...so after i do it (NBTD for fun :P), feel no difference lo... :P
but it looks cool... haha

fabianyee

I did mine but I placed the cable ties much closer than what shown in the pics attached above... Basically, you can put them closer if you do not line up the 'head' in a single line...

effects was immediate, can feel braking is much improved after that.... However, it could be due to my brake hoses being old too... hahahha... Car more than a decade old aledi....

ninja_iga

Dec 1, 2003
fabianyee,

woah! :o

the projected lifespans for all rubber brake hoses are 6 years!! (milage not counted)

better change it man.. can get ProRS, maybe same price as your stock, freshly made somemore, and lasts damn long, Stainless Steel braided too!
what more can you ask for :P

khguan

Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
ok.. i tested de brake liao... well on low speed dun feel anything ler....

but at high speed... de brake seems to be working better than original.... B)
in other words... u get better braking when u step hard on de brake pedal...

at de traffic lights i purposely step it harder than usual to stop... Screecchh!!! got 1 uncle riding on bike also looking at me.. wat i'm doing.. haha :lol:

anyway.. if it dun really work also nvm lar... de cable ties r so cheap... just cost me some time only mah.... :lol: B)

anion

i also did mine today.....well it feels a little better den before....

thanks to JL for this good and cheap innovation....

really at higher speed esspecially on highway....braking feels much more efficient and responsive....

applied on my all 4 disc brakes and took me almost 4 hours to do all that...phew....

Like I mentioned before in my previous post, I've been running into many Lamborghinis in recent weeks. Of all the Lambos I've seen, this has to be one of the cleanest examples I've seen. Whilst I'm a big fan of the LP560, and the LP570 Superleggera, I must admit that (visually) I do prefer the LP500. Those...