blacktop check engine blinking.

kampret

Known Member
Sep 27, 2006
Hi sifu,master friends and all toyota lovers, i need help...when i start my engine without air-con the check engine light will not blink but i will blink when i use the air-con.i stay at balakong..if anyone have a master mechanic for toyota please give me his details.

Thank you.

Last edited:

kampret

Known Member
Sep 27, 2006
bro...help me please...if that is a big problem,i ll need to take note about that...but i didnt know what happen?some of my friend say wiring,some of them say trotthle body..pls give a a advice or any suggestion?

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Hi Kampret
It won't be trrottle body problem... go kick your friend's ass for the fault advice :biggrin:
Did your aircon still running cool?
How does this problem happen? After service your aircon?

pyan14

Mar 30, 2006
engine check normally due to the fault sensor. there are several sensor on your car. try to check with your car workshop.

kampret

Known Member
Sep 27, 2006
Thank for the info bro and sifu...actually my aircond still running in good condition.is that problem related to my aircond?i have never service my aircond after change my engine.so do i need to go to the workshop to check my computer box or i need change something related to this problem?anyway thanks for your support..i appreciated that.

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
Hi there...

when you turn on the air con...did the RPM went below then 800 rpm and shoot up again back to normal...?

kampret

Known Member
Sep 27, 2006
when i drive...it will happen suddenly if i used the aircond...and the rpm become 500..and it will be normal again if i turn off the aircond.it happen to you before?

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Thank for the info bro and sifu...actually my aircond still running in good condition.is that problem related to my aircond?i have never service my aircond after change my engine.so do i need to go to the workshop to check my computer box or i need change something related to this problem?anyway thanks for your support..i appreciated that.
Try retrieve the error code from the ECU.
If there is no code then please check what type of the ECU you are using (5sp - grey socket, 6sp - white socket).
If it is grey socket then most likely its the ECU problem.

Last edited:

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Wong...not because of dirty TB aaaa ? clogged vacuum holes...
Yes a clog TB will cause the idling to drop to 500rpm when turning on the A/C
But it will not cause the check engine light to blink.
So far i can only link the blinking check engine light to ECU problem.
It mean, his car may have more than one problem...

kampret

Known Member
Sep 27, 2006
Hye sifu and friends

ermmm....if you say like that, thats mean i need to change the ECU?or it related to wiring?my car got many problem?ermm...i need to send to workshop?

but for this 3 days i used my car....the check engine stop blinking.why?? i cant understand...it make me crazy:confused:.Last Monday i drived my car to Klang but its running smooth...but i afraid it just for a while and i afraid to used the car for long journey.

Bye the way thanks for your support and advice.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
diagnose it so u can easily know which sensor is giving problem

so u can check the sensor itself, harness,connector, wiring etc.

if sometimes ON sometimes OFF, clean everything and plug it back then reset ecu.

if OFF permanent then solved, if still ON and wiring evetything is fine. sensor itself need replacement

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My brake lamps are not functioning....:bawling:

My third brake light is missing....:bawling:

My reverse lights are also not functioning....:bawling:

My fuel gauge meter is also not functioning...:bawling:

Can anyone recommend a good wireman in KL, PJ, Subang or Sunway areas? :hmmmm:

Someone whom can do the job fast, and not too expensive charges....:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience