What MTB to get with a budget of RM1,500

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, that is the max height, with minimum amount to lock on the bar at the bottom.......
Lucky was just enough, now leg cycling position just nice.....

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Spoofing unker VR... :biggrin:

Here is my natural aspirated rig. It is powered by a 0.01 BHP dual rotary engine which is very silent and quiet! Exhaust sounds depends on what dinner I have and people tend to keep their distance - no kissing my back. Your car got 6 or 7 speed transmission... hahaha I got 27 speed! All round disc brakes too and no servo master pump to worry about! Got Kenda shoes summore. More efficient than electric, hybrid or the newer turbo charge compact engine... just feed me!

My cheapo bike....

Time ATAC Alium clipless pedals. lasted 8 years of abuse already... indestructible even after going through river crossings, mud, sand, bash against rocks, kicked upon...

SRAM PG990 cassette looking strong, shiny, anodize spider finish still good after 2 years of abuse... chains needs degreasing with diesel though then recoat with chain lube, slight rust at the edge of links but not a problem.

Want to upgrade my bike in the near future... need $$$ though... :bawling:

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Haha. Just an update. Was telling you guys that I was going to Senawang for a few days. Anyway I visited Bike Station and was greeted by this Jefferee. Hope i got his name right. He was very acommodating and helpful. Never once thought I asked to much noob questions. He told me the need to get a hard tail or full suspension bike. Pros and cons and advantages and disadvantages. He recommended me a few hard tail that he thinks is worth buying and within my budget. I also did ask about a Mongoose full sus that I saw someone sell online. He said he has one. So I ask him whether I will be able to try the hard tail, full sus and the hybrid bike before i made my decision.
He got the mongoose full sus from his other shop and on the 2nd day went to try it out. The full sus is cimfortable but on the heavy side when cycled. The hard tail, well it's a bit hard to my liking. Ride comfort I mean and furthermore it's a specialized brand. I did not try the Focus bike which was made in Germany as it was heavier than the specialized. Suprisingly the hybrid bike feels so comfortable and fast. I might get one in the future.Hehe. Ended up I purchased the Mongoose Salvo Comp.
Will post up some pictures when I get the bike as I ask him to courrier it up to me. Bought a brain bucket and glooves too.

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
So what's the total damage like... Kekeke... Welcome to another world of poisoning... There is no end to this really...

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Mine only 18 speed, yours 27???
Now 30 speed already...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ended up I purchased the Mongoose Salvo Comp.
Will post up some pictures when I get the bike as I ask him to courrier it up to me. Bought a brain bucket and glooves too.
Welcome to biking world......

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

So what's the total damage like... Kekeke... Welcome to another world of poisoning... There is no end to this really...

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Now 30 speed already...
10 rear, 3 front?

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
10 rear, 3 front?
Yes. There are also 14 speed internal gear hubs and CVT gear hubs for bicycles too... Gear hubs reminds me of antique bikes those days - hubs by Sturmey-Archer if you have heard about it before. Have one later model which I managed to get it from a very old dying bike shop in Penang many years back.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe for you in your hill climbs, but for me on the road, normally use fix gear and change only for hill slope.....so no need so many gears.....ha! ha!

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
I paid less than RM 2,500 for the bike. RM 1,500 budget konon. Hehe. Over spent already.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
ha! ha! don't think that way, Think Investment.....no need to upgrade for some time to come.....

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Lol! This might sound insane but everything all in cost me RM 2750. :banghead:
Next, you need a bike tool kit, spare tubes, portable bike pump, hand or foot pump with pressure gauge + support for both presta/schradder valve, allen/torx keys. Trust me you need these stuff. I can teach you how to do basic fix, repair and tune up bikes and care for them too... Let me know so we can TT someday or ride.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Next, you need a bike tool kit, spare tubes, portable bike pump, hand or foot pump with pressure gauge + support for both presta/schradder valve, allen/torx keys. Trust me you need these stuff. I can teach you how to do basic fix, repair and tune up bikes and care for them too... Let me know so we can TT someday or ride.
sifu is sifu, I do my own tuning too, like the brakes and wheel bearing tightness. Only center area and rear wheel gear area which requires special tools to remove then I go to the bike mechanic.
Staying in PJ old town helps as I have two bike shops here, and the old Unker know me so well, he will ask me what I want done....hahahaha and he always show me the Shimano stuffs.....actually surprise too as he is old school and is typical old style bike shop but have Shimano stuff, not much though....

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Ok here is a picture of my bike. After riding a couple of times this is my opinion on the bike. Ride comfort is good. I need to get a spacer for the handlebars as I feel that the handlebars should be a bit higher so it won't put pressure on my wrist. Alivio shifter sucks. The up gear shift got stuck a few times. Not sure whether that can be adjusted at the cable or not. This bike comes with Deore rear derailleurs and Alivio fron't derailleurs. And damn! I had it only for a couple of days and I got ideas of what components I want to change.

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can some body tell me...the ecu 4g91 code 7375,5660 and 1234....which 1 is better...and wat the different between 5660 and 7375...pls help...urgent...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience