Perodua Myvi Extreme (1500cc lightweight car)

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yes i truly am, but im not really "Inspired" with this new myvi extreme. * kinda hate the back skirting * :shot:

But i do have to admit that the front does look abit like VW Sirocco and Honda Jazz a lil' bit. :burnout:

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
i believe what we pay ,what we get motto...some think it is ok or just rm61k price(rich ppl think) and for some ppl walau,it is too expensive price for just 1.5,small size car(medium/poor ppl think)
so,how about VW polo?price over rm130k...no one complaint...coz VW name/logo enough strong show off to other already.

Turborized

Known Member
Jun 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
i believe what we pay ,what we get motto...some think it is ok or just rm61k price(rich ppl think) and for some ppl walau,it is too expensive price for just 1.5,small size car(medium/poor ppl think)
so,how about VW polo?price over rm130k...no one complaint...coz VW name/logo enough strong show off to other already.
Im just saying this, please no offence.

But don't you think your comparing VW to a Malaysian made car? Yeah it might be a lil expensive for a Myvi, with a new and stronger body compare to the older Myvi. And it's a 1.5 3s-ve.

VW polo is defiantly has a stronger chassis than a Myvi, and it IS a Volkswagon and it's price?
It's a 1.4 TSI, yeah it might have a lower cc than Myvi and it's more powerfull but then again you have to look at the price.
What im trying to say is say is support abit la malaysia..
I bet they're really trying..

Again no offence, I myself a Volkwagen lover..

fazid88

Known Member
Mar 1, 2009
just my 2 cents la, driven various protons from the old saga to r3, and myvi too...handling wise, sure it'll lose to proton...but interior quality wise, beat the old proton...but not the new ones though...the new ones have better quality...my old iswara, wira, all have the normal power window problem, strange sound problem, broken cup holder, broken mileage meter etc..even my r3 have the power window problem...but the new ones doesnt seem to have the problem anymore, maybe less...but the myvis rarely have such problems since its initial launch, hence the support like pisang goreng panas for the myvi...not that its not problem-less, my friend myvi has the problem of its alarm sound suddenly went off, maybe wiring problem, and the lights wont go out..and another friend myvi have some brake problem, the braking power sometimes there sometimes less,quite dangerous..maybe brake hose or pump dirty...but for me, ill go for saga 1.6 anytime...better handling for sure and cvt...myvi feels like flying and no response on steering...a cps or swift or persona might lose to myvi in a straight line but not on a corner..

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
From my point of view from this after noon test....

-Engine start...the typical myvi engine sound is there,especially when pedaled...(u know,the litttle myvi's buzzing sound
-Steering is much lighter due to the EPS,which is good for parking
-The seat are high,front and back,so this creates PLENTY of leg room...can really stretch yo
-Going over uneven surface...well,nothing special to be commented on a ride at this price
-Engine does feel more eager to go,of coz,its 200cc more so the xtra torque are welcome
-The brakes...OMGWTF
-Handling wise didnt really tested out but did try quick lane switching...body roll is always there

So overall its an big improvement over the old myvi in term of INTERIOR comfort
The rest are just more or less the same

Mizi2.0

From Facebook
Sep 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
We can bash all we want about Proton and Perodua, but the fact of the matter is, they are the best selling brand in Malaysia. Myvi is selling in 7000s-8000s per month while the Saga is 5000s - 7000s per month. And all Perodua model are Top 5 best seller with lowest Alza 3000s per month. I think this is the reason P2 are pricing the Myvi with highest profit margin.

It is not about P2 cars are significantly better than P1 but rather P2 has less negative perception than P1. We can criticize P2 demanding us 'more money for less car' but the majority of Malaysian(the ones that dont go posting their opinion in forums such as this) still can live with that. If we look at the sales figures, most malaysian are not car-savvy enough to desire VW-level tech and what the myvi can provide is already good enough. Case point; compare Persona sales of 5000s per month vs Inspira 700s per month.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
We can bash all we want about Proton and Perodua, but the fact of the matter is, they are the best selling brand in Malaysia. Myvi is selling in 7000s-8000s per month while the Saga is 5000s - 7000s per month. And all Perodua model are Top 5 best seller with lowest Alza 3000s per month. I think this is the reason P2 are pricing the Myvi with highest profit margin.

It is not about P2 cars are significantly better than P1 but rather P2 has less negative perception than P1. We can criticize P2 demanding us 'more money for less car' but the majority of Malaysian(the ones that dont go posting their opinion in forums such as this) still can live with that. If we look at the sales figures, most malaysian are not car-savvy enough to desire VW-level tech and what the myvi can provide is already good enough. Case point; compare Persona sales of 5000s per month vs Inspira 700s per month.
That maybe true, but don't forget the cost factor. Most average Malaysians can't afford the ridiculous amounts of money a simple import 1.4/1.5/1.6 car is asking for these days. So what choice do we have? Local cars.

I have a friend who asked me what can he buy with RM60k cash. No more no less. I couldn't think of anything other than the "two best sellers in Malaysia". Even Persona is slightly more than that. RM70k gives me the choice of basic models of "better" cars only or mid-range Personas. RM80k cars would mean you'd have to pay RM1.2k per month and only mid-level executives get paid enough to be able to afford that sort of payment (7 year loan). Then there's housing, cost of living, etc.

The way I see it, it's not that M'sians don't want to fork out more for better cars, it's that most average M'sians can't afford it, hence the higher sales for the cheapest "acceptable" cars.

passo123

1,000 RPM
Aug 3, 2007
putrajaya/sban
yalor..walaupun harga mahal lagi kecil...tapi myvi lama model memang jual macam pisang gerong...pecah rekod ni...tak faham kenapa myvi begitu panas?ia ok atau fikiran malaysian kerana nak support product malaysia? saya bukan anti product malaysia tapi harga kena murah lagi kualiti lebih baik baru saya beli...oklah sekurang kurangnya saya dah support satu barang malaysia tiap2 hari iaitu pump minyak petronas...:proud: malaysia boleh
myvi come out at the right time n place.....cars like myvi is like a trend nowadays....u can ask the students what is the 1st car to buy when get a job....i believe 80% of them said.... P2 Myvi......:smokin::smokin::smokin:

aiya..late quote ka.....hehehe

Last edited:

VectorX2

Known Member
Aug 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
myvi come out at the right time n place.....cars like myvi is like a trend nowadays....u can ask the students what is the 1st car to buy when get a job....i believe 80% of them said.... P2 Myvi......:smokin::smokin::smokin:

aiya..late quote ka.....hehehe
i rather get a Nissan Sunny 130y XD

Kevin Lee

1,500 RPM
Jan 26, 2009
Kampar, Perak
i think u can plonk an sr16 or 20 neo vvl, it should work!!

if u need an rb, ud have to get something like our z31 project. that was the intention, to build a supercar beater at 50k budget, LOL

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, bro,
im newbie here,
but just want to inform all the members,my just got smashed at bangsar last two days.They just managed to take out my apex boostmeter and the rsm in the early morning around 5 am.Beware of this guy in bangsar area they just looking for the meters on the dash.in the incident they smashed the drivers window.
Beware of this mother f**king buggers
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience