Perodua Myvi Extreme (1500cc lightweight car)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Bad reputations are hard to repair. However the local car manufacturers have been spending plenty of time and effort in repairing their damaged reputations. Proton now offers lifetime warranties for their infamous power windows and Perodua apparently is listening to the feedback from their fans.

Welcome the newest member to the Perodua stable - the Myvi Extreme 1.5L

Yes.. you read that right. 1500cc displacement on the featherweight Myvi.

A 1.5L engine in a small lightweight body.

This has been a major request since the introduction of the K3VE-T to the aftermarket Myvi scene (which is the turbo version of the K3VE engine found in the existing Myvis). In the past in order to make your Myvi go faster (specifically aftermarket faster), it was either turbo charge it or buy a new car. NA modifications on the K3VE are exaggeratingly expensive. The thin aluminium block couldn't be rebored, the 1.5 Avanza / Vios engines didn't really quite fit in the engine bay and the compatible halfcut Passo/Boon parts were expensive. With the introduction of the Myvi Extreme 1.5L, this would be every Myvi-ans wet dream.

A fiercer more solid, more manly stance and look

Myvis of the past were designed for women. Admit it. Compact car, easy to park, packed with safety features, and even with the introduction of the extremely pink Myvi LE they had women as their main target audience. But not with this Extreme. With front bumpers like that, it looks like it'll scoop up the LE and eat it for breakfast. Men (and women!) will definitely see this compact car in a different light.

The interior is pretty much 'Perodua' and there's nothing really much to talk about.

But here's a thought :

If the Myvi 1.3L is selling for approximately RM50k (highest spec)
And the Alza 1.5L is going for approximately RM68k (lowest spec)

How much are they going to price this 1.5L pocket rocket? Would RM60k be reasonable? But for RM60++ you're stepping into Suzuki Swift and Proton Persona territory, both of which are proven workhorses and with the latter being considerably bigger (literally). Would fans still be unwavering and still support their beloved Myvi?

Personally, I'm a little confused. I love the fact that it's a bigger displacement engine with a small sized, lightweight shell. I like the body kit too. But I dislike the unoriginality of the interior and those wheels, but this is not something Perodua can change on whim because it's not economically viable and I can see their point of view. But a little colour change here and there would've been nice. If it were priced at RM60k, I don't think I'd be tempted enough to buy it even though I have 2 different varieties at home.

Let's wait and see. Perhaps there's more hidden surprises in this car that's yet to be revealed. *Crossing fingers*

Source : Paultan.org

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

DtG

Aug 7, 2010
Melaka
This article is poorly conceived and executed and I'll tell you why;

First of all, it is very unprofessional to take a political swipe at the government in an automotive article for an automotive website.

Secondly, there is no need to share your biased negative perspective towards local cars in general, we just want to know more about the car in question.

Thirdly, regarding your unhappiness with the interior of the car and the recycling of parts, do you not realize that this is just another variant of the Myvi and not a completely new car altogether? Take for example the VW Polo, is the interior of the GTi completely different from the normal variant? Yes you can probably see some slight differences but the main components, the dash, the door panels, the consoles, they are recycled for a reason. They are basically the same car and to redesign the interior for a mass-produced vehicle is simply not efficient. Heck you're even complaining about the steering wheel. For your information, that's not simply recycled from the Alza, it's Perodua's standard steering wheel design for their current line of cars. This is commonly practiced among many carmakers, take a look at Proton, Honda, Nissan, etc. Also, do note that the interior is just from the current Myvi, not from the Alza.

Lastly, size is obviously not everything. I agree Perodua's prices may be a little on the high side for a local car but so what if they price this car similarly to the Alza? Nissan just launched the Livina X-Gear which is essentially a shortened Grand Livina minus the last row of seats and they're priced about the same. But for the same price you are getting two completely different types of vehicles with different drive dynamics.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I think if people want a lightweight, affordable and sporty car, they should get satria neo cps or if budget permits, r3 satria neo or swift sports.. :biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
This article is poorly conceived and executed and I'll tell you why;

First of all, it is very unprofessional to take a political swipe at the government in an automotive article for an automotive website.

Secondly, there is no need to share your biased negative perspective towards local cars in general, we just want to know more about the car in question.

Thirdly, regarding your unhappiness with the interior of the car and the recycling of parts, do you not realize that this is just another variant of the Myvi and not a completely new car altogether? Take for example the VW Polo, is the interior of the GTi completely different from the normal variant? Yes you can probably see some slight differences but the main components, the dash, the door panels, the consoles, they are recycled for a reason. They are basically the same car and to redesign the interior for a mass-produced vehicle is simply not efficient. Heck you're even complaining about the steering wheel. For your information, that's not simply recycled from the Alza, it's Perodua's standard steering wheel design for their current line of cars. This is commonly practiced among many carmakers, take a look at Proton, Honda, Nissan, etc. Also, do note that the interior is just from the current Myvi, not from the Alza.

Lastly, size is obviously not everything. I agree Perodua's prices may be a little on the high side for a local car but so what if they price this car similarly to the Alza? Nissan just launched the Livina X-Gear which is essentially a shortened Grand Livina minus the last row of seats and they're priced about the same. But for the same price you are getting two completely different types of vehicles with different drive dynamics.
The article has been moved to an appropriate section since it is more of a personal opinion rather than a review and re-written to reflect that. I apologise for the oversight.

You're entitled to your opinions! I will not challenge that. However I am entitled to mine as well too.

You're obviously someone in the know - so I do hope to have a casual and sensible discussion on the topic in hand. I'm not looking to defend myself or my post (although I have re-written it based on your feedback), if you have more to share - please do so as it would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

kimoka

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
Totally agree with you on the price though. That's seriously close to a Vios J price

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
the front splitter ganaz....

after this finish liao my car all tapaued by this myvi.... :bawling:

Charles

I brake very late....
Jan 7, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
When you buy ready to buy a local car, you are prepared to live with the drawbacks as well (be it standard malfunctioning items or repuatation) lol.

dinmsab

Jun 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
When you produce a car and want to advertise it as "sporty" or "extreme", you should be true to your marketing. First of all, having a 1.5 engine on the myvi should make it considerably fast (which is a good thing!) but my concern is did perodua do anything to the chassis or suspension to justify the increase in power? The original myvi is notorious for floating at higher speeds, has silly handling and corners like a boat.

So yeah perodua, i like the paintjob and i think the car looks decent... but more importantly does the car exterior be as thought out as its inside? I guess we will have to wait. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys, im a real newbie to the car modification world so im after some advice
ive got an old 1968 toyota corona that i want to fix up and turn into a bit of a screamer
i want to put a new engine in it, but dont know what my options are...
im thinkin hopefully a high power 4-cylinder...
but really dont know what will fit and what wont
any advice???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience