What mods have you regretted / changed and why?

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
As the title says. This may help some noobs or anyone else looking to mod their car.
Myself I regretted the following:

-Carbon Bonnet !! the quality very bad !!

-My Greddy Power Extreame Exhaust II ..the price is expensive and the sound is too soft !!

-SaFc can't tune igntion..moved to emanage blue gain about 10hp

Last edited:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
oOo..this is good...

i regret doing my bodykits 1st..now wanna transplant so troublesome...

should have done the insides 1st then the outsides:bawling:

On second thought, i should've bought a better 2nd hand car than a proton...oh well....

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
regret buying a speedmeter.it attracts ppl to break in to my car.

another reason is also because how often are you gonna whack top speed? once i had it, i realised it was practically pointless...unless you need the speed cut remover function which i didnt cause i rechipped my ecu.

i also regret buying taiwan rims....haizzz...so easy to dent.japan is the best.

veilsideboyz

1,500 RPM
Oct 28, 2008
regret buying a speedmeter.it attracts ppl to break in to my car.

another reason is also because how often are you gonna whack top speed? once i had it, i realised it was practically pointless...unless you need the speed cut remover function which i didnt cause i rechipped my ecu.

i also regret buying taiwan rims....haizzz...so easy to dent.japan is the best.
ya.. me too...using taiwan rims also...
btw..japann rims expensive !:biggrin:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
my regrets

using tulang ikan as boost controller (cos i blew the engine up)
buying re001r tyres ( cos the grip is not nice)
buying iridium spark plugs ( cos it gave zero improvements)
tebuk stock manifold to put wastegate (cos the welding chipped and eat my turbine wheel)
buying evo3 gb (cos the 1st and 2nd gear sux)
buying custom banana header (cos the welding cracks always)
buying modified stock shocks (it leaked within a month)
buying tein ss springs (it sucked totally)

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
banana crack?? :confused: JH kah?? :smokin:

my regrets :

1) spending tons of money into engine only to know there are many other faster then you :thefinger:

Reactions: แรนV

kenzo

6,000 RPM
lol :rofl::rofl:

my only regret is not buying genuine stuff, i had almost everything original stuff like defi,rsm,intercooler and exhaust but my wastegate i use thai brand can hardly last a month.

the mod i regret the most, hid! its nice! but if tersempak police, confirm i kena pull over!:mad:

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
bought border 304 & change to straight pipe from extractor...power lost 10hp & 0.50kg tork at every rpm....revert to ori route with s flow mufler within a week later...loss rm200

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
lol :rofl::rofl:

my only regret is not buying genuine stuff, i had almost everything original stuff like defi,rsm,intercooler and exhaust but my wastegate i use thai brand can hardly last a month.

the mod i regret the most, hid! its nice! but if tersempak police, confirm i kena pull over!:mad:
wah ur 7 fans no regret eh :P

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
regretted:

- getting myself super-hard GAB absorbers. good la cuz car handles like a go-kart, but bad cuz the ride is damn ruff, can rattle yur gigi palsu easily. i use the car as my daily driver fer god sake! :banghead:

- not totally removing the old paint on my bonnet before repainting, now (on behalf of the super hot header & cheap ass paintwork) it's crack edy.. :banghead:

- should've photoshopped & compared the car with different set of wheels before buying new ones. now after some time the k-speed is looking not gud anymore la..

- not getting a custom banana header. the stock one is rusting!

- wrong selection of engine (long story). another transplant is expensive, with current hafcut prices costing a tad less than the soyuz (especially hondas) so nxt time will think faaaaaaaaaaar ahead before engine transplants. :banghead:

omronz

Dec 24, 2006
what i regret :-

to mod my SEG bit by bit, now the engine lost power (using 4A FE only) and riding is rough. It is better to mod all together in one time.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Trusted a mother fucker bastard so called mechanic (P#tworks Motorsport in Tun Aminah JB)which excellent in talking but do nothing, screwed up my major modification, money, faith... the only good thing is, experience earned!!

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi All,

Appreciate if you guys could point me in the right direction as to which workshops in the general klang valley area have expertise or an impressive resume of modded a31 cefiros with the rb20/25det engines. maybe even the 1jz as well.

looking for a workshop to get the job done on mine so hopping someone could provide some decent contacts. workshops in cheras would be even better.

on a side note, has anyone had any experience with engine conversions done at mun lee auto...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience