Proton's campro/cps owners pls share yr experience

maxpain

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
Can get to 200 but will take a long stretch of road (+ball of steel). 7k rpm@4th gear is already 180, but when shift to 5th, it very 'reluctant' to speed up. And also suspect the ECU is programmed to limit the top speed, and because CPS using drive by wire, it is easier to be done.

R3 suspension, header, 2 mid bullet, straight flow muffler, K&N drop in.[/QUOTE]
i really want to know from u on this section...is not bcoz that i am not agree but i really2 want to know coz i dunno...1-already done for cps header? or maybe campro and cps got the same pattern of header so can fit the custom header.2- which of this two is better one mid bullet twisting type or 2 mid bullet (silinder or oval type?) 3-which is better silinder or oval type muffler?
thanks...

sphiroth

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
Can get to 200 but will take a long stretch of road (+ball of steel). 7k
R3 suspension, header, 2 mid bullet, straight flow muffler, K&N drop in.
i really want to know from u on this section...is not bcoz that i am not agree but i really2 want to know coz i dunno...1-already done for cps header? or maybe campro and cps got the same pattern of header so can fit the custom header.2- which of this two is better one mid bullet twisting type or 2 mid bullet (silinder or oval type?) 3-which is better silinder or oval type muffler?
thanks...[/quote]

I'm just doing mix and match in the exhaust setup. Still waiting for R3 to release a proper tuned CPS exhaust system.

maxpain

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
I'm just doing mix and match in the exhaust setup. Still waiting for R3 to release a proper tuned CPS exhaust system.[/QUOTE]

r u already done the setup?

imhotep

Jan 14, 2009
ever tried my waja campro mild modified ( auto ) with my friend waja cps ( also auto ) at nkve highway

mine :
- extractor 4 2 1
- drop in filter HKS
- 2 center bullet
- Bosch super 4

cps :
- drop in filter
the rest remain factory spec

pikup ( start from 2nd gear @ 80km/h ) = same
top speed = same ( both reach 215km/h and unable get more even fully paddling)

Last edited:

pipylim

Apr 12, 2009
How about the Campro CPS Fuel Consumption?
Pls also note down the spec
Model: Waja CPS? or Gen2 CPS? or Satria Neo CPS?
Fuel Consumption: ?KM/Liter?
Road Status: ? Highway ??% Town ??%
Performance: ? Respone? Pick Up? Top Speed?
Engine Mileage: ?KM

cpslover

Known Member
Apr 13, 2009
All bros,

I’ve just finish service my Neo Cps today and test drive few round to activate the CPS. what i can say is quite powerful mechanism…thumbs up for proton!

On the other hand, i don’t know any future owner will experience the problem that i having now in my neo cps. I’ve complain to Proton during service today but yet they still can’t fix the bloody problem!! What the heck….

The problems are :
1. Weird sound coming out from meter if ur the driver when start the engine.
(Proton said engine mounting need to b replace, what the heck, this is new car and so fast mati??)
2. Some knocking sound came out from passenger side dashboard when accelarating. (Proton said air-con hose knocking on car body and they said fix it already but yet still got sound when i took my car, WTF)
3. Left hand side speaker pecah but they claim is door trim making sound, sigh….
4. Engage 3rd gear full throtle, engine jerk for 3 times!!! from 2k rpm to 3k rpm. (Proton said done by doing basic tuning, and yes its done but now change to 2nd gear jerking now!!!)

I don’t know what else to said but to accept the fact this is Malaysian Car manufacture sure problem will exist even it’s new car. Overall if my problem could be fix, this will be a nice car & powerful car to drive.

Quite dissapointed with them on the service…..said this fix that fix already, but end up them same problem still exist…HAIH!!

Any bros here can tell me why my car engine jerking? Tuning problem?
And yday i tested my car for long shot and it manage to clock ONLY 140km/h all the way, tht's the fastest and it wont go any further....sigh :(

pipylim

Apr 12, 2009
cpslover,

HI
140KM/H only?
sigh...baby kancil can do that too...
it must be something wrong in the ENGINE!!!
the catalog said NEO CPS can reach 195Km/H

which service center u went?which date?when?who attend ur problems?it take how long to check?
have you try together with the PIC when u took ur car?
that proton PIC sit in the passenger seat and u drive to test the problems together
(I used to do like this b4)

Please keep the Service Order & Receipt
how old ur car already?Mileage?
i suggess you to write a letter to the Proton HQ, to request them to give you a letter to request the specific Service Center to REALLLY concern your problems...
[email protected]
http://www.proton-edar.com.my/index.php?page=contact

:hmmmm:why the QC so bad?

Last edited:

cpslover

Known Member
Apr 13, 2009
cpslover,

HI
140KM/H only?
sigh...baby kancil can do that too...
it must be something wrong in the ENGINE!!!
the catalog said NEO CPS can reach 195Km/H

which service center u went?which date?when?who attend ur problems?it take how long to check?
have you try together with the PIC when u took ur car?
that proton PIC sit in the passenger seat and u drive to test the problems together
(I used to do like this b4)

Please keep the Service Order & Receipt
how old ur car already?Mileage?
i suggess you to write a letter to the Proton HQ, to request them to give you a letter to request the specific Service Center to REALLLY concern your problems...
[email protected]
http://www.proton-edar.com.my/index.php?page=contact

:hmmmm:why the QC so bad?
Hi bro,

Yes, a bloody kancil or saga blm can easily potong me like makan sayur...sigh.
I went to the Glenmarie Service Center last tues morning and it tooks them 7 hr to do my car and yet problem still exits.
My car is less than 1 month old on the road and mileage 1200k++ now.
I"ve already make my complain at I-Care and i think that wont be a help at all..
Meanwhile i've make an appoinment to go to their Service Center HQ besides the Kesas Hway on wed morning.
See they able to fix my car over there, if not i'm goin to make this matter big to their bloddy management...

pipylim

Apr 12, 2009
Glenmarie SC?
I used to fetch my friend back when he sent his car there
my friend experience to complain "Power Windows Not working" then PIC told my friend
"Kalau awak mahu complain Power Window awak kena angkat kereta NEXT Week"
"Kalau service saja, petang nanti 6PM"
P/S: New Car less than 1mth like u, but the Power Windows Not working already

2. Another Bad Experience
Tun Razak Cheras Service Center, my cousin just got his WAJA, but within 1 week his absorber got problem and sound... so he sent to Tun Razak Cheras Service Center to claim the warranty...
he went in the very early morning... then he go collect in evening (as they told him can finish at 5pm) the technician told him "AWAK TAK NANPAK KAH? BELUM SIAP!!!" in very rude way...
actually he went to check at 5pm..his car not event touch by them....:mad:
so i fetch him back at 6pm.. after this problem solve... his waja have no complain liao...

Wat a "VERY BAD" experience they (SC) given to me and my friend:mad:I tot they improved:hmmmm:What kind of QC they doing in the factory?:hmmmm:

but ur problems seem serious... why the engine unable to speed over 140KM/H

tell them Time = Money!!!
Print out the email u sent to icare, and tell the "HQ SC beside Kesas Highway" the icare ask u to go here... if still cannot solve the problem the icare will request u to call them back....
then like this they will pay more attention to ur problems & solve it ASAP...

I am thinking to get a NEO CPS too...wat is the color of ur NEO CPS?

sphiroth

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
140km/h max can be achieved in 3rd gear (MT), yours is AT or MT? This is the 1st time I heard of such a problem. Maybe the CPS didn't engage, did u hear a click when the rev meter went past the engagement point?

When u complaint to the SC, make sure the problem are stated in the receipt. And they will also put in what kind of repairing done.

About the SC for claiming warranty, pls make sure u make an appointment 1st to make sure the part is available. If no appointment, they will cater the one with appointment 1st.

pipylim

Apr 12, 2009
sphiroth,
hi CPS bro,
mind to share ur Fuel Consumption figure?
urs A/T? M/T?
wat road u use normally?
Jam =%? highway = %?

TQ

sphiroth

Known Member
Apr 22, 2005
sphiroth,
hi CPS bro,
mind to share ur Fuel Consumption figure?
urs A/T? M/T?
wat road u use normally?
Jam =%? highway = %?

TQ
FC is around 12km/l till 14km/l, depending on moods. Mine is MT. Almost no jam (rural area but with 2 lane roads on 1 side).

cpslover

Known Member
Apr 13, 2009
Glenmarie SC?
I used to fetch my friend back when he sent his car there
my friend experience to complain "Power Windows Not working" then PIC told my friend
"Kalau awak mahu complain Power Window awak kena angkat kereta NEXT Week"
"Kalau service saja, petang nanti 6PM"
P/S: New Car less than 1mth like u, but the Power Windows Not working already

2. Another Bad Experience
Tun Razak Cheras Service Center, my cousin just got his WAJA, but within 1 week his absorber got problem and sound... so he sent to Tun Razak Cheras Service Center to claim the warranty...
he went in the very early morning... then he go collect in evening (as they told him can finish at 5pm) the technician told him "AWAK TAK NANPAK KAH? BELUM SIAP!!!" in very rude way...
actually he went to check at 5pm..his car not event touch by them....:mad:
so i fetch him back at 6pm.. after this problem solve... his waja have no complain liao...

Wat a "VERY BAD" experience they (SC) given to me and my friend:mad:I tot they improved:hmmmm:What kind of QC they doing in the factory?:hmmmm:

but ur problems seem serious... why the engine unable to speed over 140KM/H

tell them Time = Money!!!
Print out the email u sent to icare, and tell the "HQ SC beside Kesas Highway" the icare ask u to go here... if still cannot solve the problem the icare will request u to call them back....
then like this they will pay more attention to ur problems & solve it ASAP...

I am thinking to get a NEO CPS too...wat is the color of ur NEO CPS?
Bro, my NEO CPS is white color MT...
The customer officer from I-Care already call me this morning, both of us come to the point where wait till i sent my car to HQ SC to see whether they can fix or not.

There's nothing he can do now, so wait till this wednesday.....if really kenot fix, really have to complain kau kau. less than 1 month old car, so many problem...

Bump:
140km/h max can be achieved in 3rd gear (MT), yours is AT or MT? This is the 1st time I heard of such a problem. Maybe the CPS didn't engage, did u hear a click when the rev meter went past the engagement point?

When u complaint to the SC, make sure the problem are stated in the receipt. And they will also put in what kind of repairing done.

About the SC for claiming warranty, pls make sure u make an appointment 1st to make sure the part is available. If no appointment, they will cater the one with appointment 1st.
Hi Bro,

Mine is MT and i'm talking bout top speed @ 140km/h @ 5th gear @ 4000 rpm
I was reving the engine since 1st gear and CPS engage every gear but when i reach gear 5, the speed maintain at 140km/h ONLY althought my right foot totally all on the pedal and it won't go up more than 140km/h.....sigh.

Already make an appoinment of this wed at HQ SC besides kesas hway.....i'll see what they can to

Bro, your drivin gen2 cps or waja cps? any problem with engine jerkin?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello I'm from neighbor country Indonesia. I got the 6a13tt engine with the auto trans from malaysia. I am trying to find the FTO manual transmission to mate with the engine. But it's kind hard to find it here.

Just wondering if someone has ever locked the 6a13tt auto trans AWD and run it as the auto FWD?Can this be done?

rgds
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience