26th October 2008

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
I can see the smoke before entre the turn 1.... 1st I told was why so many dust!!!!

Canken,
whiteM... naaa..... there r more fast cars that day. But I do like to know who is the white EK civic who spin infornt of me??

Turn1

Known Member
Apr 27, 2008
Good day, lots of red flags and loads of traffic, not to mention how hot and hard on cars it was.
My Cefiro kept melting all my firewall rubbers and was basically on fire every time I pitted. Rear bumper fell off 1st session.
My ECU went into safe mode due faulty knock sensor and ran really rich, about 40% power drop but I still had a good time.
Can't wait to get things sorted and be back for some improved performance and lap times.
All drivers were pretty courteous and moved aside for faster cars, there were a few exceptions.

Hope to see you all there again soon.
Rgds,
Turn1

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
no,i was driving the SUBARU blue-color, Putra.

if got chance can i hv a ride in yr Civic type R next time :rolleyes:
yes i always saw ur car during the track day. maybe next track day i should say hi to you. and bluetaxi as well!

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
Good day, lots of red flags and loads of traffic, not to mention how hot and hard on cars it was.
My Cefiro kept melting all my firewall rubbers and was basically on fire every time I pitted. Rear bumper fell off 1st session.
My ECU went into safe mode due faulty knock sensor and ran really rich, about 40% power drop but I still had a good time.
Can't wait to get things sorted and be back for some improved performance and lap times.
All drivers were pretty courteous and moved aside for faster cars, there were a few exceptions.

Hope to see you all there again soon.
Rgds,
Turn1
too many red flags for my liking! anyway can't compare like the one early this year. exactly like federal highway during rush hour. LEGEND!

you r the one with the goldish colored cefiro right?? nice car btw!

Turn1

Known Member
Apr 27, 2008
My Cefiro is the blue one with the RB26 in it.
Had no rear bumper after first session, blowing loads of black smoke and was on fire each time I pitted. Basically a blue car with a smoke screen. I ran 2:46 with traffic and low power. Should be able to get low 40's next visit. Be sure to come and say hello, I won't bite, I'll just overtake!!

Rgds,
Turn1

Turn1

Known Member
Apr 27, 2008
Every car that ever visits the race track at any level should carry a fire extinguisher capable of putting out a fire of this size!
I feel really bad for this bloke, If I had seen this happen I would have stopped and given him my bottle.
Let's hope it looks worse than it is and hope to see him back soon.
Get yourselves down to ACE hardware and grab a fire bottle. Small investment for big insurance.

Rgds,
Turn1

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
My Cefiro is the blue one with the RB26 in it.
Had no rear bumper after first session, blowing loads of black smoke and was on fire each time I pitted. Basically a blue car with a smoke screen. I ran 2:46 with traffic and low power. Should be able to get low 40's next visit. Be sure to come and say hello, I won't bite, I'll just overtake!!

Rgds,
Turn1
2:46 with traffic congestion and low power is a good time if u ask me. my best timing was 2.48 running on my boring potenzo re001 and on a clear track.

anyway any more pics?? do post it here!

Turn1

Known Member
Apr 27, 2008
I have spent the last 3 months preparing for this track day so I was a little disappointed with the result, a faulty knock sensor cut my power, I was running brand new R888 semi's and 800 deg brake pads, so I would be very happy with 2:48 considering the rubber you had. I thought some of the smaller cars were going really quick!!
I also had brand new coil overs, braided brake lines, brand new turbos, injectors, ECU plus, plus, plus....As I said I expected a little more but that is motorsport, so much preparation and it's all over 3 laps in..
I will be back bigger, better, faster, stronger but not next week. I will have to look into dates for next year.
Does anyone know if you can access Sepang through any car clubs that have private bookings?
Need to get back asap.

Rgds,
Turn1

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
I have spent the last 3 months preparing for this track day so I was a little disappointed with the result, a faulty knock sensor cut my power, I was running brand new R888 semi's and 800 deg brake pads, so I would be very happy with 2:48 considering the rubber you had. I thought some of the smaller cars were going really quick!!
I also had brand new coil overs, braided brake lines, brand new turbos, injectors, ECU plus, plus, plus....As I said I expected a little more but that is motorsport, so much preparation and it's all over 3 laps in..
I will be back bigger, better, faster, stronger but not next week. I will have to look into dates for next year.
Does anyone know if you can access Sepang through any car clubs that have private bookings?
Need to get back asap.

Rgds,
Turn1
are you preparing your car for competition?

anyway you can get in touch with Mr Kumar. he's the person incharge of this track day event. im pretty sure he can help you one way or another. his mobile :0193827961 office:0387782240

Turn1

Known Member
Apr 27, 2008
Thanks for the tip, I'll get in touch with Mr Kumar this week.

I would like to progress towards time attack comps but I have a long way to go, I'm still at teething stage. For now I just like to go as fast as I can around a track. I have a fair bit of track experience from Australia and once in your blood it's hard to get out. Now I'm living in KUL the saga continues. I've only had the Cefiro for 3 months.
Look forward to meeting you next time. Sorry no more photos from the track only car park shots of the car.

Cheers.
Turn1

romen_

Known Member
Aug 31, 2005
kl
Hi guys, i'm adrian (in the myvi), great first track day for me too :D
guess you guys all probably lapped me countless times :rofl:

subcon, you were with the group of 6-7 dc5's + ek? saw a group stopped after the KLIA toll!
Pity the dude in the imprezza, engine caught fire o.O

I've got a few beginner vids here, might be too slow for you guys :biggrin:

Unfortunate Subaru on fire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ThDtcrnwc4&fmt=18

Friend giving me pointers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rswwptNsveg&fmt=18

Last few laps of the day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRramh0md5U&fmt=18

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
Romen,
TQ for the video...

Turn1,
We saw ur A31... but what happen to the bumper?? my also hv a crack too damn it!! We r the small group of scooby. U did drive pass us in the pit area when the event is over.
Happy tracking to u..

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
subcon, you were with the group of 6-7 dc5's + ek? saw a group stopped after the KLIA toll!
l like your nick romen! heh! heh!

yes you are rite! i'm coming with a group of DC5. anyway care to share with us your MYVI 's suspension setup? it's a good info for other myvi's owner.

Last edited:

mist

Known Member
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, I'll get in touch with Mr Kumar this week.

I would like to progress towards time attack comps but I have a long way to go, I'm still at teething stage. For now I just like to go as fast as I can around a track. I have a fair bit of track experience from Australia and once in your blood it's hard to get out. Now I'm living in KUL the saga continues. I've only had the Cefiro for 3 months.
Look forward to meeting you next time. Sorry no more photos from the track only car park shots of the car.

Cheers.
Turn1
hi there,

there are a couple of Singapore-based car clubs that you could join, they run 6-8 trackdays a year at SIC, time-attack competitions and also various autokhana events in Sg. google: traction circle club (TCC) and SGtrackies.

Cheers,
KJ

steadymatrock

Jan 6, 2007
SG trackies u need to be a member to join. The last when i joined them, they had 80 over cars. A bit too much I think. TCC I'm not so sure but IMO both are money making clubs.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I had another urgent call from my friend, on last wed
as he will be lendiing out his ride to be wedding car on sat....to a friend
............................hmmmmmmm
as fast as the lighting strike ...i said yes....
took emergency leave....as this is one of the biggest event in life... u cant miss....a marriage cant be postponed....

Friday travelled about 36 KM...arrive at 8am......did 13.5 hours detailing
the rest of it, is history

GPS IMAGING ......satellite captured pics...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience