26th October 2008

Turn1

Known Member
Apr 27, 2008
Manji from MPS Auto at Sunway area (near where the NPE crosses the LDP) got me my RE55S tyres, ask him nicely and he could probably bring them in for you too ;)

cheers,
KJ
Nice rubber, nice brakes too, I'm sure they cost you big $$$. What type of car do you drive?
I'll come see say hello next time at the track.

Rgds,
Andy, aka Turn1. :driver:

steadymatrock

Jan 6, 2007
I have asked both these clubs for info about membership and track days etc.
Will advise of the outcome.

Thanks for the info.
Rgds,
Turn1 :driver:
If you want uninterrupted session maybe you can join Nova Group. They only limit 40 cars for any track session. Of cause have to pay a little bit more, 500rm with transponder. I will joining them tomorrow for the afternoon session. If I'm not wrong morning session booked by the Lamborghinis' and lotus' owners.

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
Blue.taxi

Blue…yours is road going rally car man! More syiok!

Adam

You got one fierce looking VW GTi man! NOT much of body roll if you ask me

Romen

To be honest no way RE001 can compete with AD07. AD07 is like a road legal semi slick ;).

Pimpin323

Alamak….i’m not going to participte laa this Sunday. Broke already man! Next session shall be January next year and you can bet your money I’ll be there!!

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
Subcon,
Your Vtech really screams, I'm so impressed with these cars at the track, if you get yourself some good semi-slicks you will take up to 5 sec a lap off. I use Toyo R888's and I'm pretty happy with them, big $$ though.
Do you have braided brake lines and hi temp pads? If not these will make a world of difference also.
Handling looks to be very good as it is, how is the power understeer?? I used to own a Proton GTi and the biggest problem was power understeer.
If you can afford it the Bridgestone RE55's are the tyre of choice but I have had trouble finding them here in KUL.
Let me know if you know where I can get some, I'll try them next.

Hope to see you this Sunday.

Rgds,
Turn1 :driver:
The Integra DC5’s understeer’s problem can be an issue for some but if you ask me..well I can live with it. Andy, do you think that all FF setup cars have this understeer's problem? Anyway, my major concern right now is the power or the lack of it. I’m thinking to upgrade my intake and piping system and I’ll be a happy man if 8 to 10 hp can be gained. Your advice regarding the RE55 is duly noted.

Oh yeah one more thing…is it much cheaper to have motorsports as a hobby in Australia compared to Malaysia? thanks mate ;)

Turn1

Known Member
Apr 27, 2008
If you want uninterrupted session maybe you can join Nova Group. They only limit 40 cars for any track session. Of cause have to pay a little bit more, 500rm with transponder. I will joining them tomorrow for the afternoon session. If I'm not wrong morning session booked by the Lamborghinis' and lotus' owners.
Sweet, Appreciate any info on private club sessions.
I have had previous private club sessions at Sepang some years ago and it is more enjoyable with less cars but you have to pay.
No money, no honey.

Thanks again.

Turn1 :slug:

Turn1

Known Member
Apr 27, 2008
The Integra DC5’s understeer’s problem can be an issue for some but if you ask me..well I can live with it. Andy, do you think that all FF setup cars have this understeer's problem? Anyway, my major concern right now is the power or the lack of it. I’m thinking to upgrade my intake and piping system and I’ll be a happy man if 8 to 10 hp can be gained. Your advice regarding the RE55 is duly noted.

Oh yeah one more thing…is it much cheaper to have motorsports as a hobby in Australia compared to Malaysia? thanks mate ;)
From what I have seen and experienced with these Honda's especially the Integras, is that understeer is not so bad compared to other makes. I don't know what Honda have done but the FF Honda'a keep really good pace with the FR cars. Just look at the WTCC where a FF Honda has won a few races this season. That has to say something for the factory setup..! The only suggestion I have is to get adjustable castor rods and wind as much castor into the front wheels as possible, this will reduce your understeer but you will never be without it. It is the curse of FF cars.
I was following a yellow Integra Type R on Sunday that I shared my pit with, fair enough I was down on power, but I was flat chops and I could not catch him. He was running slicks and the car was stripped bare for racing but he told me the thing was stock and mate I tell you I've been thinking about buying one ever since Sunday. My A31 when on song is over 400hp and even in a straight line I could not reel him in.
From what I saw on your video these things are rocket ships and with a few minor upgrades can be very competetive track cars.
Sorry for the rant, but very impressive cars, why go turbo when you have a Vtech??

Rgds,

Turn1

Known Member
Apr 27, 2008

Regarding motorsport in Australia, you guys have it pretty good here!
I can afford to do double the motorsport here compared with home. You guys don't even need a CAMS licence to go on the track here, and to get a CAMS licence you need to be a member of a CAMS affiliated car club, car has to be inspected before each time you go out and you do get turned away for the smallest things like tow hooks and fuel cell breather setup. Helmets have to be less than 5 years old and even your socks can be out of date and cost you entering an event.
The good thing about Oz is the access to unlimitied aftermarket spares for all types of Jap models and they are cheap compared to here. You guys pay too much tax on imported goods la!!

Concerning you intake for your Vtech, I have not had alot of experience with these engines but I'm sure same physics apply, from my experience intake is the expensive side of the engine.
Quad throttle bodies will make a huge difference, along with cams and cylinder head porting, then you need to think about ECU, injectors and fuel pump. If all of this is out of the budget stick with a cold air intake pipe, a heat shield and a K&N air filter, this will give you a few more HP.
I believe you can re-tune the honda's ECU alot more than other OEM items from other makes so this will give you the most from your current injectors and fuel pump.
Good luck,
Let us know how you go.

Turn1

Known Member
Apr 27, 2008

Do you have any contact info for Nova Group?
I can't find anything on the net.

Rgds,
Turn1

adam

Known Member
Nov 17, 2007
Blue.taxi

Blue…yours is road going rally car man! More syiok!

Adam

You got one fierce looking VW GTi man! NOT much of body roll if you ask me

Romen

To be honest no way RE001 can compete with AD07. AD07 is like a road legal semi slick ;).

Pimpin323

Alamak….i’m not going to participte laa this Sunday. Broke already man! Next session shall be January next year and you can bet your money I’ll be there!!
cheers.. the gti is my daily drive.. i hardly drive in the gti.. my trackday worrior is in workshop.. cudnt tahan to wait for it to come out, just need to be on track!! keep in touch, can share pointers in the next trackdays.. :wavey:

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
cheers.. the gti is my daily drive.. i hardly drive in the gti.. my trackday worrior is in workshop.. cudnt tahan to wait for it to come out, just need to be on track!! keep in touch, can share pointers in the next trackdays.. :wavey:
ok adam! i'll say hello to you in the next track day

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
turn 1,

thank you for the insight it is very much appreciated!!

One thing for sure it's expensive to increase the hp of NA's car! RM10k can only get you what...about 15hp? where as for turbo with the same amount of money you can get like a million hp!:biggrin:

it's not fair! ha! ha!

adam

Known Member
Nov 17, 2007
Monster in the making :adore:. Sell it to me lah. See you again in the next coming trackday.
kekeke.. we'll see.. got some good deals on 2nd hard parts.. so, some toys going into the car.. pilot sports cup, monobloc brakes, shorter gearing.. hopefully can shave another 5-6 sec..

yet with targeted timing around 2:33-2:34, those 2.0l racecars gonna still be on my tail.. sigh..

mpower

Known Member
Dec 2, 2003
kekeke.. we'll see.. got some good deals on 2nd hard parts.. so, some toys going into the car.. pilot sports cup, monobloc brakes, shorter gearing.. hopefully can shave another 5-6 sec..

yet with targeted timing around 2:33-2:34, those 2.0l racecars gonna still be on my tail.. sigh..
How much you get for the PSC tyres? I am thinking of getting a set for my car also. So you are selling the old yellow brakes?

adam

Known Member
Nov 17, 2007
How much you get for the PSC tyres? I am thinking of getting a set for my car also. So you are selling the old yellow brakes?
trading in.. u want? i can ask the trader if he can refurbish for u.. spray whatever colour.. maybe pink? hehe

oh, the cup tires, i got them for SGD1600.. woohooo!

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It started off as a small, nimble hatchback from the 80’s. But who knew 30 years later, it is still regarded as one of the most influential cars by the ever-growing enthusiasts to have shook the world and still leaves fresh traces of rubber on the tarmac. And it is through its unique characteristics that had moved Toyota in reincarnating the famed sideways legend, the AE86, with the all new Toyota 86...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience