Racing Cam/Semi/Hi cam?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
hahaha...tell me bout it :) im driving a satria neo MT with siemens ECU.. stock ECU...
heheh for NEo i don`t have any experience on it...due to i haven`t drive once...but i know this car power to weight ratio are strong and fast....about piggyback for EMS700 some people did was install SAFC2. but just for the fuel maping..can`t do any ignition timing..same to my car...siemens EMS400 i didn`t touch anything on ECU but in enigne..most of the time..

But the only thing i saw people DOne wasn install Adjustable Fuel regulator and Adjustable Cam pulley..and not to forget Mythelogy lighten crank pulley, which dyno proven increase on the Hp and torque....

but most of the time people forget to install A/F ratio meter this will help alot when doing Fuel pressure adjusting and CAm adjusting....for perfect tuning...

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
do u guys think tat fuel regulator n adj cam pulley would be a nice combo after intake n exhaust piping upgrade?

yup..but most of the time people do it intake and output 1st....then 2 nd adjustable fuel pressure regulator,,... then most of the time best adjustable cam pulley come with performance cam...then you will feel the different stage by stage///just a budget way....hahahah....

handsomeboy

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
seanlee, yeah, i heard the ignition timing cant be tweaked.. hmm SAFC2 is compatible with EMS 700? how bout afc neo? someone told me if i use it would be a waste of money, he said better use AFC select... wat do u think??

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
seanlee, yeah, i heard the ignition timing cant be tweaked.. hmm SAFC2 is compatible with EMS 700? how bout afc neo? someone told me if i use it would be a waste of money, he said better use AFC select... wat do u think??
SAFC2 , SAFC NEO....also can be use...in in our EMS..but not all function can be usefull...this is why people said waste of money...AFC is for Air Fuel control..meaning only air and fuel mixture adjusting...is good eneogh for certain car..but again..dunno can install in siemens ..i`m not sure.. coz haven`t heard of people install in Siemens..hahahah only SAFC

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
i think neoblitz got it right. by reducing a few kg's of mass, the lightened crank pulley (mythelogy) has a very low moment of inertia. a lot less force is needed to rotate it. in the bigger picture, the car will in fact feel like 50-100kg's lighter.

so i suggest u give it a shot if u need need low end power... i personally think that mythelogy is a gd product. most aftermarket lightened crank pulleys do not come with harmoic dampener which u can find in the factory pulleys. it functions 2 absorb impacts during pulley movements. without it, belt will wear faster or the pulley itself might even crack.

ettm_14

500 RPM
Jul 30, 2006
hmm...lightened crank pulley-where can I get that/?Do you know where can i get it installed?how much will it cost?
i went eneos the other day- and saw greddy e-manage selling for rm1000.00
do you think it is worth it?i mean what can it do to help my car?what else do i need to get?installation fees/?wiring?tuning?dynoing??

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
hmm...lightened crank pulley-where can I get that/?Do you know where can i get it installed?how much will it cost?
i went eneos the other day- and saw greddy e-manage selling for rm1000.00
do you think it is worth it?i mean what can it do to help my car?what else do i need to get?installation fees/?wiring?tuning?dynoing??
Ligthen crank pulley you can look for seller in Market people selling..or PM me..hahaha will cost RM650 with installation..
Emanage dun think it worth unless you have modded the car.
think you can try is CAI, extrator and piping, air filter, skim head, crank pulley, adjustable fuel regulator, cam pulley..and etc etc...hahahahaah

dun worry lar...alot thing can do just base on your budget...anyway piece of advice dun waste money on Emanage....

handsomeboy

Known Member
Apr 6, 2007
hmmmm bro, after do everything then only use e manage?? is that wat ur saying??

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
yea those intake output stuff i'd done all oledi so plan to add on a fuel regulator 1st instead of e man cz budget problem la then mayb can use adjustable cam pulley to tweak out more power lor..but there's sth i dun understand bout adjustable cam pulley (without high cam) is tat does it really frees out horsepower or it jz can make the power more smooth?and if the un advanced area power will loss?

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
my ride have done all those basic stuff like polishing the head,tb,inlet manifold lar cai la,custom made air box la,open pod knn la aftermarket 421 header la piping la muffler la,lighten crank pulley la close ratio gearbox la skim flywheel la,hotbits strut bar la,pivot vs la n blah blah blah..think wana play it step by step n sumore due to financial problem so planned to play it step by step

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
yea those intake output stuff i'd done all oledi so plan to add on a fuel regulator 1st instead of e man cz budget problem la then mayb can use adjustable cam pulley to tweak out more power lor..but there's sth i dun understand bout adjustable cam pulley (without high cam) is tat does it really frees out horsepower or it jz can make the power more smooth?and if the un advanced area power will loss?
anyway..you are driving Putra with mivec gearbox i think..close ratio....putting adjustable cam pulley actually for Dohc is realy helpful...even can increase abit on HP as well..wide powerband too by just using stock cam....

but Ettm is sohc so abit hard...

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
my ride have done all those basic stuff like polishing the head,tb,inlet manifold lar cai la,custom made air box la,open pod knn la aftermarket 421 header la piping la muffler la,lighten crank pulley la close ratio gearbox la skim flywheel la,hotbits strut bar la,pivot vs la n blah blah blah..think wana play it step by step n sumore due to financial problem so planned to play it step by step
wah...alot of thing you have done on your 4g93...how much you have spend like this ??? maybe you can put in GSR head...it will create more high compression

xtorm

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2003
i was told my suzuki g13b engine came with highcam when i change my last engine, but the engine idling normally other then it is slightly higher in rpm even tho the idle valve is set to the lowest. but b4 he tune it it was pretty shaky.

how much feel i should get from highcam? neither me nor the mech hav any idea wat kind of cam is in my ride now

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
i was told my suzuki g13b engine came with highcam when i change my last engine, but the engine idling normally other then it is slightly higher in rpm even tho the idle valve is set to the lowest. but b4 he tune it it was pretty shaky.

how much feel i should get from highcam? neither me nor the mech hav any idea wat kind of cam is in my ride now

very easy.....took out the cam...and measure it compare with stock cam ...and DYNo it...hahahaha...

pifecto14

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
PJ
Hmm after reading the comments you guys posted, I m juz wondering which wan is worth to invest on, lightened crank pulley or adjustable cam pulley?? Those who have done the mod I mentioned step by step perhaps could feel which give more satisfaction. hehehe

seanlee

Known Member
Jun 30, 2004
Hmm after reading the comments you guys posted, I m juz wondering which wan is worth to invest on, lightened crank pulley or adjustable cam pulley?? Those who have done the mod I mentioned step by step perhaps could feel which give more satisfaction. hehehe
if i`m ntomistaken you are driving 4g92 sohc 1.6 MMC....
anyway the 2 product actually..different in...

Crank pulley...: better rpm climb mostly you can feel in 1st gear 2nd gear and 3 gears..... better respond in pedal , pick up ....

Adjustable cam pulley : mainly moving the power band for SOHC engine....if you want pick up ..Advance it, if you wan to want top speed retart it....nothing special but with perfomance cam..it help alot..or if your engine are Dohc...more better..can get extra HP..if done well..

WestCoast

Known Member
Mar 26, 2006
never calculate the money u spend on ur beloved ride baby
heh..y? u might pengsan
so i oso duno
jz worried adj cam pulleys will sacrifice the un advanced area's power..so normally wat cam pulleys u guys use? aerospeed is good?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

just wanna ask if it is still ok to drive a car if the clutch fluid level drop below MIN level? currently my fluid got only half. thanks in advance
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience