Welcome to Cefiro Club Malaysia

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
not many spare parts shop sell dot 5. dot 4 and dot 3 are more common. Normally the brake fluid will reach the wet boiling point after >6 months, so its best to get it replace after 12 months.

for easy replacement, its best to use 5.1 if you are planing to go dot 5 direction. cause dot 5.0 its silicon based and will not absorb water, so changing from dot 3 / 4 will need to have many round of flushing. 5.1 will poly base, like dot 4 and 3

some info about brake fluid :-
http://www.swedishbricks.net/700900FAQ/Brake Fluid Comparison.htm

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
No disagreement, WeiKee. The braking performance of the cefiro does leave something to be desired. My only point is, let's explore optimizing the current system first before deciding to scrap the lot and changing to another system. I've seen a ceffy stop almost as well as a beamer on the stock setup. Unfortunately, they don't import the brand of brake pads he was using any more... :sad_smile:

I think I gave away a set at the first TT I attended...a 2.0l version...to Siva. Wonder how it worked out... :smile:

Meanwhile, dot 5 is pretty common, dot 6, I think you can find in most spare part shops. Dot 6.5 is supposed to be race grade, and you pay a fortune for it. I would try dot 5 or 6 first. I also hardly ever change brake fluid.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
sure... here we are to share and exchange information... good to share info and experience..

Yes, brake pads material really important, last time we can get cheap and yet good material buts its no more environment friendly so the are banned..

i used akebono original from japan, the pads dam good.. but finish up faster than my tires. now cannot get already, need to ask chop shop people to help buy from me.

Metal King now also no good, cause made in thailand and performance not so good.. If you know anyone in AU, can ask them to buy, think the Au version are still better and cheap also.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
i am using Metal King Platinum...not bad...n not really expensive....
but they dont sell it @ spare parts shop.
some selected shop like Tee in Tmn Paramount.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
Bendix metal king used to be very good. but my last try on my brother car did not really impressed me.

Yet to try Platinum.

Known Member
Jan 28, 2005
KL
Visit site
i'm on ferodos from aussie lol XD
not bad :D but i'm just worried about my disc lol damn.

excimo

Known Member
Jun 6, 2006
Ehhh...u no need to finish up...can give excuse to give it away may....hehehe

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
one set of brake pads got 4 pads... so can give one pad to each requester :)

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
BTW, i think the nissan 4 pot brake pads are very similar to the toyota prado and toyota 4 pots like hilux, Fortuner.. only one hole missing. Both are from same brake manufacture, i.e. sumitomo

The spare parts shop told me can just drill the holes and it will perfectly fit the nissan 4 pots. So no need to go buy endless or others expensive pads, just the ferodo, or others better local brand cal already.