1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Not annually? If I may ask, why spaced out over 2-3 years?
cheaper since he has no budget to go forward with the build right now. why waste the additional $$$ on a car just sitting on garage.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I thought if longer than 1 year didnt renew roadtax need to visit Puspakom
Ya.. my understanding is the same. I didn't know you could let the roadtax lapse.

Eh...your car is otr condition with minor issue during cold weather.
The interior is superb even by reading your description.

Just drive it while saving up for final touch.
Once the flu symptom is gone which i bet can be solve easily...just need patience,your car is great.

In a not so kind word;
U can roll over and die or claw back up and finish the damn thing. Either way its u whom are going to regret or enjoy the reward.
:biggrin:

ok ok.. The problem is I don't have much patience left as I'm not exactly getting younger and my kids are getting to a stage where they will cost a lot for education. Let's see unker Toto will help me finish this build or not.. HUATTTT AHHHH

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
I had my bike lapse for 1 yr previously and able to renew.

YellowFlash

Known Member
Sep 28, 2009
Jb
That's the problem.

I have :
- new Mocal oil cooler,
- new full leather / alcantara interior (floor mats, carpet, ceiling liner, ABC pillar, seats, door panels),
- new custom prop shaft,
- new wiring (including proper relay setup, wire cleanup inside and outside, replace all to high temp wires to prevent melting),
- new turbo Holset HX35 housing to fit the flange properly with the manifold flange,
- new Hamann rims and new PS4 tyres,
- new ori BMW lower suspension bushings,
- new generic central locking,
- new generic alarm,
- new BMW motors that controlled the fuel cap & power window,
- new BMW fuel assembly,
- new Elixir injectors,
- new Elixir fuel rail,
- new high flow Elixir fuel pump,
- new body grounding,
- fixed tower strut seams,
- full KLAuto autofoam,
- full KLAuto sound proofing,
- new Ftuned suspension,
- fixed aircon system with original BMW parts,
- sealed off firewall holes to prevent backflow of exhaust from the downpipe,
- new downpipe,
- new Huper tint,
- new Sunway exhaust (full),
- new original Turbosmart electronic boost controller,
- new original Turbosmart wastegate (1bar boost spring)

that's as much as I can remember. I'm sure there's more.

And after all that there's still ECU replacement (for easier tunability), re-tuning, brakes upgrade, removing of the obnoxiously large boost meter and relocate the water temp meter, replace all the bulbs in the dash, tweak the sound proofing (will go back to the autofoam guys to do this) and paint (engine bay and full interior + exterior). Oh I need to replace the tool kit in the boot too with a full set and replace rear seat belts.

Budget super gone case already. But at the same time the car is almost all new, engine was rebuilt a while back in 2017. The weirdest thing is it drive damn well when it's a hot afternoon. No hi-cam idling (I have the original cams. thinking to swap back to stock), boosts damn well and drives damn well. Once it's cold like rain and all - it's a bitch to drive.

I'm just getting tired of all this shit.
There's quite a fair bit of money and effort spent on the car already. I think the immediate thing to do would be to get enough funds to do the ECU and tuning which would gives you the pleasure of driving it and make all the effort worth it. The rest of the ancillary items such as brakes (this should be next), bulbs, meters, paint etc, you can slowly take your time.

It won't be easy to find a buyer that will appreciate and can pay for your effort cause it's going to take quite a fair bit of money to complete the balance items you mentioned, how much do you estimate? another 12K to 15K?

I'd be interested in this project car if i ain't working on my current one which will blow me dry :laugh:.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I had my bike lapse for 1 yr previously and able to renew.
Didnt know bikes need to send to Puspakom
There's quite a fair bit of money and effort spent on the car already. I think the immediate thing to do would be to get enough funds to do the ECU and tuning which would gives you the pleasure of driving it and make all the effort worth it. The rest of the ancillary items such as brakes (this should be next), bulbs, meters, paint etc, you can slowly take your time.

It won't be easy to find a buyer that will appreciate and can pay for your effort cause it's going to take quite a fair bit of money to complete the balance items you mentioned, how much do you estimate? another 12K to 15K?

I'd be interested in this project car if i ain't working on my current one which will blow me dry :laugh:.
Keep the car lah. Already spent too much. How to recoup the cost? You will suffer great loss

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
Bike needs. last time my dads bike used for ladang no road tax. Went want to sell of to new owner, need to go puspakom checks as road tax not renewed for a very long time

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
I'm in somewhat a dilemma. I'm pretty sure I don't have the budget to replace the ECU, rims, paint and brakes. So daily-ing this POS is a pain in the ass. However if I were to sell it'd be a serious waste of effort. Almost everything is new in this car.

Sigh.

Keep or sell.
just saying... theres no need to get everything done in one go.... rims, paint can always wait.
brakes i dont think are really an issue unless they are that bad or u go track often.

ecu only if what you have now isnt working out for you.

Reactions: Izso

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
true but only to those appreciate it and probably among ppl think alike (car enthusiast) etc.

In general,it would be the same as other conversion car, abit difficult to sell kan?
Yup, same like mine, enthusiast will pay good money for it, normal people will pay as stock by the age.....lol

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
just saying... theres no need to get everything done in one go.... rims, paint can always wait.
brakes i dont think are really an issue unless they are that bad or u go track often.
Like mine, clear coat peeling, paint faded like junk......lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I'm just getting tired of all this shit.
I want to say "I told you so". But of course, that never helps.
At this current state, I would recommend you keep it. You already went too far, too deep, and dropping it now is just... total lost.

I don't understand why you need to replace the rims if you have new hamann rims and new PS4 tires. you backside itchy? Brakes, does it not work at the moment? If it works, just live with it for now.

Replacement of ECU, what for? If it drives well. also I find your workflow a bit..funny right. you should first get it mechanically sound before doing shit like soundproofing and tint. what was going on your mind la?

Reactions: Izso and sanekit

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I want to say "I told you so". But of course, that never helps.
At this current state, I would recommend you keep it. You already went too far, too deep, and dropping it now is just... total lost.

I don't understand why you need to replace the rims if you have new hamann rims and new PS4 tires. you backside itchy? Brakes, does it not work at the moment? If it works, just live with it for now.

Replacement of ECU, what for? If it drives well. also I find your workflow a bit..funny right. you should first get it mechanically sound before doing shit like soundproofing and tint. what was going on your mind la?
I know la. About 6 people I know told me so and I have already felt the regret and post-trauma. You're number 7.

The rims and PS4 is not gripping properly. It's wheel spinning under load.. 215 width 17s are not wide enough! The brakes are working so will live with them. But on boost they can barely stop the car so need to be extra super duper careful when boosting.

ECU tune seems to work when the environment is hot. When cold, car does not act normal. And I've gone to about 3 reputable tuners and all except one don't want to try as they aren't familiar with the interface and ECU. The one that does want to try is asking for RM1k tuning fees on the dyno. I'm not sure I want to go to this tuner who isn't familiar with the ECU. And I don't want to go back to the original tuner that did this base map for me as he has obligations and time restraints (and he need to rent a dyno as he doesn't own a shop) and quite frankly I've just lost confidence in the ECU so no point going back to the tuner.

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
The rims and PS4 is not gripping properly. It's wheel spinning under load.. 215 width 17s are not wide enough! The brakes are working so will live with them. But on boost they can barely stop the car so need to be extra super duper careful when boosting.

ECU tune seems to work when the environment is hot. When cold, car does not act normal. .
true..215 not enough grip.

anyway, during cold start car does not act normal?

faced similar issue after rebuilding my car. Need 5 second for it to has idle stable. Fixed it by correction made on cold start setting.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
true..215 not enough grip.

anyway, during cold start car does not act normal?

faced similar issue after rebuilding my car. Need 5 second for it to has idle stable. Fixed it by correction made on cold start setting.
Cold start setting? You using standalone also? Which one? If you know anyone who can tune a Spitronics ECU then that would be hugely useful.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all sifus,

i wanna lower down my serena C24 by 1.5" - 2", just for the sake of good
looking.
just wanna ask, can i just cut off the original spring? will this affect
the comfordness?.

just when to a workshop...FTS Motor works in Ipoh, the owner himself is a
drag racer, he advice me to just cut off the original spring and he will
modify the absober (shorten it) for me...

thank you very much!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience