1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
true..215 not enough grip.

anyway, during cold start car does not act normal?

faced similar issue after rebuilding my car. Need 5 second for it to has idle stable. Fixed it by correction made on cold start setting.
Mine was with 215 all these while, but then mine only 200 at crank, his power way more, but going too wide, wet also will suffer as it will aquaplane more easily......lol

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
I'm in somewhat a dilemma. I'm pretty sure I don't have the budget to replace the ECU, rims, paint and brakes. So daily-ing this POS is a pain in the ass. However if I were to sell it'd be a serious waste of effort. Almost everything is new in this car.

Sigh.

Keep or sell.
Keeeepppp, pour so much already want sell easily to people ah ??
Plant durian eat only sell. Until u bored don eat, sell. :smokin:ehh what i'm talking. Night shift eat my brain off.:Stupid:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Keeeepppp, pour so much already want sell easily to people ah ??
Plant durian eat only sell. Until u bored don eat, sell. :smokin:ehh what i'm talking. Night shift eat my brain off.:Stupid:
Unless can get real good price which will not happen.....lol

Was about to mention what eat durain shell, not even midnight yet.....hhahahhahaha

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Mine was with 215 all these while, but then mine only 200 at crank, his power way more, but going too wide, wet also will suffer as it will aquaplane more easily......lol
Those days cost double to chop front and back, so live with 2WD.....lol
wet public road is not safe anyway, hahaha.

I thought those days stuff are alot cheaper.

Cold start setting? You using standalone also? Which one? If you know anyone who can tune a Spitronics ECU then that would be hugely useful.
yea. Using standalon. link g4+. Passed u the contact. Hopefully he can fix your issue.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
wet public road is not safe anyway, hahaha.

I thought those days stuff are alot cheaper.
Cheaper when say the figures, but money value was more valuable, meaning our salary was smaller but it goes a longer way then now...lol
My half cut was RM3.5k only, now like 7k, The whole cut was RM10k which I cannot afford those days.....:bawling:

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Cheaper when say the figures, but money value was more valuable, meaning our salary was smaller but it goes a longer way then now...lol
My half cut was RM3.5k only, now like 7k, The whole cut was RM10k which I cannot afford those days.....:bawling:
What the hell dude, i just left for a while and return seeing you wanted to sell the ride. Please keep on to it, your efforts worth more than the money you spent on restoring it. Just spend sometime to let you finances roll before continueing. From your description, your 1JZ is road ready, just that its being oddly, time can sort it out, of course when finances are roll back.

Thanks,
Ken.

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I know la. About 6 people I know told me so and I have already felt the regret and post-trauma. You're number 7.

The rims and PS4 is not gripping properly. It's wheel spinning under load.. 215 width 17s are not wide enough! The brakes are working so will live with them. But on boost they can barely stop the car so need to be extra super duper careful when boosting.

ECU tune seems to work when the environment is hot. When cold, car does not act normal. And I've gone to about 3 reputable tuners and all except one don't want to try as they aren't familiar with the interface and ECU. The one that does want to try is asking for RM1k tuning fees on the dyno. I'm not sure I want to go to this tuner who isn't familiar with the ECU. And I don't want to go back to the original tuner that did this base map for me as he has obligations and time restraints (and he need to rent a dyno as he doesn't own a shop) and quite frankly I've just lost confidence in the ECU so no point going back to the tuner.
Don't break you spirit, look at my picture of my soon to complete car. Now doing for aircond works, just to give you some motivation. Although its not as heavily modded as yours, but its getting there. BTW i am still running on stock brake calipers with better brake pads and disc. It still holds pretty well. Tyre size is 225/45/17.

It's not perfect but if it runs, it can be fixed.

Thanks,
Ken

Attachments

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I know la. About 6 people I know told me so and I have already felt the regret and post-trauma. You're number 7.

The rims and PS4 is not gripping properly. It's wheel spinning under load.. 215 width 17s are not wide enough! The brakes are working so will live with them. But on boost they can barely stop the car so need to be extra super duper careful when boosting.

ECU tune seems to work when the environment is hot. When cold, car does not act normal. And I've gone to about 3 reputable tuners and all except one don't want to try as they aren't familiar with the interface and ECU. The one that does want to try is asking for RM1k tuning fees on the dyno. I'm not sure I want to go to this tuner who isn't familiar with the ECU. And I don't want to go back to the original tuner that did this base map for me as he has obligations and time restraints (and he need to rent a dyno as he doesn't own a shop) and quite frankly I've just lost confidence in the ECU so no point going back to the tuner.

find some free time come down to seremban with your laptop, ecu cable and stuff... see what we can do by road tuning to fine tune the current map

Reactions: sweelt and Izso

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Don't break you spirit, look at my picture of my soon to complete car. Now doing for aircond works, just to give you some motivation. Although its not as heavily modded as yours, but its getting there. BTW i am still running on stock brake calipers with better brake pads and disc. It still holds pretty well. Tyre size is 225/45/17.

Thanks,
Ken
Omg your car is so pretty! Externally mine looks like crap! Yours is so much far ahead compared to mine. Sigh. I even have the wrong tyre size... sigh.

find some free time come down to seremban with your laptop, ecu cable and stuff... see what we can do by road tuning to fine tune the current map
OK! Thanks! How much time you think we need? A full day? Any specific day you're free?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Can make grip alignment setup?

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What the hell dude, i just left for a while and return seeing you wanted to sell the ride. Please keep on to it, your efforts worth more than the money you spent on restoring it. Just spend sometime to let you finances roll before continueing. From your description, your 1JZ is road ready, just that its being oddly, time can sort it out, of course when finances are roll back.

Thanks,
Ken.
That will be bro. Izso, not me.....hhahahha

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Thanks,
Ken
wow...
whats the effect of driving a 2 door car?
it makes the driver looks at least 15 years younger.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sifu,

i planning to send my engine for full balancing but i don have any idea who and where to send it.I heard there is 1 in damansara but im not sure abt it. Any other recommend reputated machinery shop can do this in kl? how much would they charge?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience