1jz E36 BMW frankensteining

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'm in somewhat a dilemma. I'm pretty sure I don't have the budget to replace the ECU, rims, paint and brakes. So daily-ing this POS is a pain in the ass. However if I were to sell it'd be a serious waste of effort. Almost everything is new in this car.

Sigh.

Keep or sell.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
I'm in somewhat a dilemma. I'm pretty sure I don't have the budget to replace the ECU, rims, paint and brakes. So daily-ing this POS is a pain in the ass. However if I were to sell it'd be a serious waste of effort. Almost everything is new in this car.

Sigh.

Keep or sell.
KEEP

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka

Sigh.

Keep or sell.
If it still run and wont be damaged if u run it then go ahead run it.

Why?
1JZ BMW does not depreciate as bad as a normal BMW.
Another good example is the old LO Pajero, yes if not mistakan u can fit 1jz or 2jz into the engine bay and still keep the 4x4 capability.Price if it goes on sale? all above 20k. Stock petrol is 10k below, stock diesel is above 10k. Cars which is converted to the right engine command a bit more value in the market, so does it command 'value' from our pocket.

Then again if u want to sell it, i'm sure it wont be a long wait unlike my car...die2 want to sell oso people dont want,how to buy pajero sport?

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur

Sigh.

Keep or sell.
if budget is holding you back. Take another year n built it. Use it during weekend only for now. Else swap engine with stock one. Nothing beats stock reliability.

if there's no love, sell it. No point repair it at lost for future owner.

1JZ BMW does not depreciate as bad as a normal BMW.
true but only to those appreciate it and probably among ppl think alike (car enthusiast) etc.

In general,it would be the same as other conversion car, abit difficult to sell kan?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That's the problem.

I have :
- new Mocal oil cooler,
- new full leather / alcantara interior (floor mats, carpet, ceiling liner, ABC pillar, seats, door panels),
- new custom prop shaft,
- new wiring (including proper relay setup, wire cleanup inside and outside, replace all to high temp wires to prevent melting),
- new turbo Holset HX35 housing to fit the flange properly with the manifold flange,
- new Hamann rims and new PS4 tyres,
- new ori BMW lower suspension bushings,
- new generic central locking,
- new generic alarm,
- new BMW motors that controlled the fuel cap & power window,
- new BMW fuel assembly,
- new Elixir injectors,
- new Elixir fuel rail,
- new high flow Elixir fuel pump,
- new body grounding,
- fixed tower strut seams,
- full KLAuto autofoam,
- full KLAuto sound proofing,
- new Ftuned suspension,
- fixed aircon system with original BMW parts,
- sealed off firewall holes to prevent backflow of exhaust from the downpipe,
- new downpipe,
- new Huper tint,
- new Sunway exhaust (full),
- new original Turbosmart electronic boost controller,
- new original Turbosmart wastegate (1bar boost spring)

that's as much as I can remember. I'm sure there's more.

And after all that there's still ECU replacement (for easier tunability), re-tuning, brakes upgrade, removing of the obnoxiously large boost meter and relocate the water temp meter, replace all the bulbs in the dash, tweak the sound proofing (will go back to the autofoam guys to do this) and paint (engine bay and full interior + exterior). Oh I need to replace the tool kit in the boot too with a full set and replace rear seat belts.

Budget super gone case already. But at the same time the car is almost all new, engine was rebuilt a while back in 2017. The weirdest thing is it drive damn well when it's a hot afternoon. No hi-cam idling (I have the original cams. thinking to swap back to stock), boosts damn well and drives damn well. Once it's cold like rain and all - it's a bitch to drive.

I'm just getting tired of all this shit.

Reactions: sanekit

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Eh...your car is otr condition with minor issue during cold weather.
The interior is superb even by reading your description.

Just drive it while saving up for final touch.
Once the flu symptom is gone which i bet can be solve easily...just need patience,your car is great.

In a not so kind word;
U can roll over and die or claw back up and finish the damn thing. Either way its u whom are going to regret or enjoy the reward.

leinnz

Known Member
Sep 28, 2005
do you in urgent need of a car right now?
Else just keep it and complete the build after you have the time and money. You just need to keep alive the Road tax and insurance every 2 or 3 yrs

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Nissan recently brought out their newly designed DeltaWing racer for the first time to test at Sebring in order to prepare for their championship contention at the legendary Le Mans 24 Hours.

<!--more-->Although it won't be classified in the 2012 Le Mans 24 Hours race, the Japanese manufacturer is looking to showcase their ability to create and utilise pioneering technology...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience