Old School Cars Discussion

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Taiko vr2turbo.......SS certainly last long-long. I wish I could do SS piping to my car, before the era of "Barang-Naik". Nowadays, every shop gip standard excuse "Aiya.....what to do??, malaysia money small-small oredi, so barang naik lor".:banghead:
Mine not whole system. Piping even though rust will not rust through, the main fellow is always the muffler, so mine is SS muffler.......lol:rofl:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Forget that decarbo thing with the white smoke, complete nonsense. Fill RON 97, go rev to 4K on the high way for 20 mins. Vary the speed and rpm.
i will have to disagree with you here.... try pinjam a really old car with a crapton of miles or one that has run rich for a while, it does help clean some of the deposits out....
have tried the 2-3k rpms long distance cruise, didnt work as well as threebond.... right dumping the entire bottle through, pinging at low rpms on load mostly went away. only thing i havent tried is spraying water in (apparently some say its a thing? i dont know)

Decarb like those videos that people posted online? A lot of white smoke coming out? I don't really trust those things somehow...
lol in your case... im mentioning it cause, the white crap will make the leak very obvious... just look for the spot where the smoke appears.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Mine not whole system. Piping even though rust will not rust through, the main fellow is always the muffler, so mine is SS muffler.......lol:rofl:
I thought yours is full SS from extractor to muffler. I think the one I'm about to get is SS all the way. Not sure yet, haven't seen it.

i will have to disagree with you here.... try pinjam a really old car with a crapton of miles or one that has run rich for a while, it does help clean some of the deposits out....
have tried the 2-3k rpms long distance cruise, didnt work as well as threebond.... right dumping the entire bottle through, pinging at low rpms on load mostly went away. only thing i havent tried is spraying water in (apparently some say its a thing? i dont know)

lol in your case... im mentioning it cause, the white crap will make the leak very obvious... just look for the spot where the smoke appears.
I'm actually doubting about the efficiency in decarb and what kind of side effects will it cause to the engine internals in long term. But you are right about the white smoke making it easier to detect where the leak is. But I don't think I should go to such lengths to just determine the location of the leak.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur

My point is the D' carbo thingy does not work, i tried it. And 3K RPM isnt high enough. 4K then we are getting somewhere.

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
My point is the D' carbo thingy does not work, i tried it. And 3K RPM isnt high enough. 4K then we are getting somewhere.
The threebond decarbon thingy really does work bro, you can't expect it to remove all the carbon craps in your combustion chamber completely. But it does help :driver:

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
The threebond decarbon thingy really does work bro, you can't expect it to remove all the carbon craps in your combustion chamber completely. But it does help :driver:
Well they claimed it will decrease fuel consumption and increase throttle response, but I saw no such gains. Everything was the same as before. AFAIK my car has no problem with carbon buildup.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Well they claimed it will decrease fuel consumption and increase throttle response, but I saw no such gains. Everything was the same as before. AFAIK my car has no problem with carbon buildup.
lol nolah dont think it will help that much... unless the engine is completely crapped up inside.....

but as far as cleaning* goes, it does...... if u see how well this threebond stuff removes the gunk, you too would be pretty impressed.......

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe you run highway a lot less carbon build up.....:biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Speaking of which, I once saw Myvi with RE003, 17inch slammed, at UTAR too......Big scoop at the bonnet. Donno wat's inside becoz all window tinted black. Student's ride more keng than lecturer....

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
still driving my uni car, a 16 years old car then plonk in older engine..can it consider old school?:driver:

Hahaha,

no wonder alot of 20s bankrupt, due to "biar papa asal bergaya", especially those MLM students.

On a side note, i would prefer buy e30/36 rather than new myvi /saga..spare part at halfcut not too expensive and better overall performance and safety

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Like below said probably your carbon build up isnt that much to begin with:hmmmm:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
still driving my uni car, a 16 years old car then plonk in older engine..can it consider old school?:driver:

Hahaha,

no wonder alot of 20s bankrupt, due to "biar papa asal bergaya", especially those MLM students.

On a side note, i would prefer buy e30/36 rather than new myvi /saga..spare part at halfcut not too expensive and better overall performance and safety
haha better performance yeah... safety?? nuuu........

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Speaking of which, I once saw Myvi with RE003, 17inch slammed, at UTAR too......Big scoop at the bonnet. Donno wat's inside becoz all window tinted black. Student's ride more keng than lecturer....
UTAR KL? The one I saw is in UTAR Kampar. Throughout my years there, I have seen a few student's cars which surprised me. For example, Saga LMST with Yokohama Parada Spec, stock Persona with RE003 on stock wheels, Myvi 1.5 with 15" RE002. There is also another Swift with extremely low profile tyres, 205/40/17. Won't that be too low profile to absorb impact in case the student driver falls into pothole?

Also seen before a Wira 4G93T which belonged to a friend of my friend. Apparently spent over RM6k for painting and don't know how many more thousands on engine mods. Running on 17 inch Michelin Primacy 3st with 4 pot brembo taken from Evo.

Hahaha,

Perdana V6? 16 year old still newer than mine. My car is coming to 18 years old this year.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
UTAR KL? The one I saw is in UTAR Kampar. Throughout my years there, I have seen a few student's cars which surprised me. For example, Saga LMST with Yokohama Parada Spec, stock Persona with RE003 on stock wheels, Myvi 1.5 with 15" RE002. There is also another Swift with extremely low profile tyres, 205/40/17. Won't that be too low profile to absorb impact in case the student driver falls into pothole?

Also seen before a Wira 4G93T which belonged to a friend of my friend. Apparently spent over RM6k for painting and don't know how many more thousands on engine mods. Running on 17 inch Michelin Primacy 3st with 4 pot brembo taken from Evo.

fuhhh...your friend 4g93T. Spend kaw kaw one...somemore 4 port brembo. :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I finally found a shop selling ACDelco batteries

Max Automart Gombak
No 68, JALAN 6/21D,MEDAN IDAMAN GOMBAK OPPOSITE PLAZA IDAMAN,53100 KUALA LUMPUR

Look for the boss Kelvin

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience