Old School Cars Discussion

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Some can be really low mileage, like my former company MD Secretary. She travel like 2km to office, so daily 4km only. Other times go out use husband car. When she sold he car after 4 years, tyre still have 85% pattern.....lol
Thats why I buy wira from relative housewife.
Car use for driving kids to school, market.
Even spare Tyre still have sticker. Rubber dead already.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Thats why I buy wira from relative housewife.
Car use for driving kids to school, market.
Even spare Tyre still have sticker. Rubber dead already.
Mileage doesn't matter to you because you already plan to swap away the engine. :biggrin:

But most importantly for Wira, make sure the bodywork is good. No rust issue.

You are changing up the battery only. Drive it around it better, at least until it reaches optimum running temperature....:driver:
I did wait until the temperature gauge is at normal operating temperature. The radiator fan kicked in few times too. So I thought that should be enough to warm up the engine oil and charge the battery.

I'll take it for a drive next time I start the car.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I did wait until the temperature gauge is at normal operating temperature. The radiator fan kicked in few times too. So I thought that should be enough to warm up the engine oil and charge the battery.

I'll take it for a drive next time I start the car.
Yah! go heel and toe a few rounds......:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yah! go heel and toe a few rounds......:driver:
Got throttle stuck problem, don't dare to suddenly jab this throttle for heel and toe. Later stuck already, RPM will just go up. :rofl: Last time when I din't know, I pressed a bit too much on the throttle pedal and it got stuck. RPM just went up to as high as 5000rpm plus. Good thing it din't shoot up to red line.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Then heel, toe and brake........lol
Hahahaha, the thing is, if the throttle is stuck at slightly opened position, braking won't lower down the RPM of the car. :biggrin: But normally after warming up, the throttle is fine. Also, when the air conditioner is switched on, the throttle seems to be less likely stuck.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahahaha, the thing is, if the throttle is stuck at slightly opened position, braking won't lower down the RPM of the car. :biggrin: But normally after warming up, the throttle is fine. Also, when the air conditioner is switched on, the throttle seems to be less likely stuck.
You need to get that fixed leh......:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
You need to get that fixed leh......:driver:
Talking about fix, my Wira also need fixing. Just now when driving to Kampar, found out that my exhaust pipe got leak. Don't know where but now my car is loud and bassy like modified exhaust... The gasses coming out from muffler also seems to be lesser than normal.. Should be leaking..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Talking about fix, my Wira also need fixing. Just now when driving to Kampar, found out that my exhaust pipe got leak. Don't know where but now my car is loud and bassy like modified exhaust... The gasses coming out from muffler also seems to be lesser than normal.. Should be leaking..
Bass sound should be the muffler there.....:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
yes loh...if in traffic jam , how ? suddenly throttle jammed....
unless u relax, put to 5th gear...let the engine off
Only happens during cold start. When warm up, it is fine like nothing is wrong... I can't even explain why this happens.

Bass sound should be the muffler there.....:smokin:
I think it is. Sound gets very loud at rear left wheel there. The muffler area... Looks like this time I should change exhaust system...

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Go to shop, jack it up. Trace the whole piping from exhaust manifold to muffler.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Go to shop, jack it up. Trace the whole piping from exhaust manifold to muffler.
Actually, recently my grandfather's friend, a makat shop owner said he got full piping for Wira unused. Say want to give it to me but the person who is keeping the piping haven't pass it to him. Now I think maybe can use this reason to get that...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think it is. Sound gets very loud at rear left wheel there. The muffler area... Looks like this time I should change exhaust system...
Usually will be muffler area, that is where the water condenses the most and harder to evaporate unlike in the pipes get heated or blown off....:driver:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello everyone, i just wanna know whether is it difficult to find spare parts(OEM or aftermarket performance) for gsr terbalik?...hope to get feedbacks from those using this engine or those who knows abt it...thank you
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience