My suspension dilemma

gbsaint

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I see. But how did u feel the ride. Front 8k mcm quite stiff, tp if they recommend then it must be the best setup.

How do u feel the ride?? Is it harsh?? Bouncy or not on uneven tarmac.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I see. But how did u feel the ride. Front 8k mcm quite stiff, tp if they recommend then it must be the best setup.

How do u feel the ride?? Is it harsh?? Bouncy or not on uneven tarmac.
Lowered and harden suspension best for track where there are no speed bumps, pot holes etc., For every day use best is to set mid or soft if butt is sensitive. If have damping adjustment then set hard when go touge....:driver:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I see. But how did u feel the ride. Front 8k mcm quite stiff, tp if they recommend then it must be the best setup. How do u feel the ride?? Is it harsh?? Bouncy or not on uneven tarmac.
Hmm ... if you want, you can look me up in Cheras. I don't mind letting you compare how "bouncy" it is. He He .. you show me yours, I show you mine :rofl:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
3)went to tt and tried other setup, but when i tried it was in town roads not on highway. And definitely not on the cyberjaya-putrajaya-puchong highway :D
Then when you try suspension you probably should ask to try on highway roads.

Another issue with my coilovers is that it is used for 10 months when i brought it.

Do you guys think that maybe sending it for servicing will help??
Was researching a bit and i saw F TUNED do service + REVALVE for coilovers. Price also not too bad.

Wonder if revalving the coilovers will help.
You probably answered your own question la. And 10 months is way too early to need servicing. Revalving to cater for your needs is probably a good way to go since they can revalve based on your requirements, however the trick is to get it just right. Otherwise you might need to pay to revalve a few times since it takes time for the dampers to settle in after a revalve. Or just swap to a HLSH then mess with the damper adjustments paired with your springs.

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

My wira has their GT Series road-touge package which includes HLSH front inverted monotubes (8K) + rear monotube (4K).

First time user of coilovers. So until such time I am familiar enough, I will refrain commenting about their performance. Some of the guys at our recent TT did drive it a bit. I believe their opinions will be more reliable. They may chip in if they have anything to add.
For anyone who is interested, I'm an ex-user of the HLSH Improve Hyperflex II and the HL superflex Improve, the Ftuned GT that Parakey is using is very similar to the Improve Hyperflex II except it's more comfortable. Firm but not unbearably bouncy. Planted when throwing into corners and absorbs speed bumps and all like the normal suspension except you're going a lot faster. I like the ftuned suspension. The fact that they are self adjustable is a plus but the location of the damper adjustor for the rear is just a bit out of the way to access. The Improve Hyperflex suspension has the adjustor at the top. But then again that's not convenient for sedan owners, mine was an aeroback so just remove the rear speaker cover and I can adjust the suspension already.

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Was thinking if go for ftuned whether they can actually do one where like what Chew said, can adjust to soft, mid or hard. That way when going out with family, just set it soft. If going for any touge will set mid or hard. or when I'm driving alone can go mid.

Having too stiff, aint gonna be the right family ride anymore.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Was thinking if go for ftuned whether they can actually do one where like what Chew said, can adjust to soft, mid or hard. That way when going out with family, just set it soft. If going for any touge will set mid or hard. or when I'm driving alone can go mid.

Having too stiff, aint gonna be the right family ride anymore.
But like what bro. Izso mentioned, the front are easy to do, open bonnet they are there. Not sure about your "jetta" rears, but my VR have to remove rear seats to get to the adjustments which is behind the rear seats...:banghead:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Was thinking if go for ftuned whether they can actually do one where like what Chew said, can adjust to soft, mid or hard.
Please note that inverted monotube's settings knob is located below. They said there were 20 clicks but when I counted, it was 23 clicks on all 4 shocks.

gbsaint

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I see.now i know the inverted monotube is located above.

My ISC front no problem can adjust, but the rear will require and extender, which sadly i did not get.

Now i'm kinda keen on going to f tuned to get my coilovers revalved. They seem to know what their doing.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi,

anyone knows where i can find the MAP/MAF sensor for my wira? its a stock 4g13 engine. if you can provide pictures please do, greatly appreciated!

btw, whats the difference between MAF and MAP?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience