4g15(Wira) covert 4g18 stroker kit

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I didn't know Kheng Siong was selling foam. And you're right, the Sylphy has very good NVH. But that was when it was on 195/60/15 Yokohama Decimal dB tyres. Now that I'm using 215/45/17 the tyre drone is killing me. Will get in touch with KS and see what he can do about helping. The sound proofing is already done in the wheel arches of my Sylphy and it comes stock with the car. I don't want to do anymore than what's already there. I definitely don't want to add extra weight to an already heavy car with all that soundproofing material. We'll see how it goes.

Hardtech?
Bro., save on your sound proofing, since you mention it was good on 195/60R15. 215/45R17 are performance tyres which you wanted earlier until cannot tahan the drone. Just switch to Yokohama db V551 215/50R15 should be okay dy. Get back your comfort and quietness.....:driver:

Probably now he get a "hard" on.....hhahahhahahha:biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Bro., save on your sound proofing, since you mention it was good on 195/60R15. 215/45R17 are performance tyres which you wanted earlier until cannot tahan the drone. Just switch to Yokohama db V551 215/50R15 should be okay dy. Get back your comfort and quietness.....:driver:

Probably now he get a "hard" on.....hhahahhahahha:biggrin:
the infamous "midlife-crisis" :rofl:

My wira is stock 12mm. Measured it a few days ago. The Preve's rear ARB was previously uprated to UR 19mm unit. Feels firmer but not too uncomfortable. Preve is a much bigger car. Hence I wonder what 19mm will do for the Wira.

This references Genting's recently added speedbreakers. I did slow down for them. Even at slow speed, the car bounces over them.

Thank you. :top: Earlier on, I was in a dilemma whether to get FTuned coilovers. Earlier today, one of the rear arbs was going 'nyek nyek'. That coupled with your above comment sealed the deal. Will decide on rear ARB's size after consulting Farouk. BTW, stock 1.8 not as spongy as other Wiras.

LOL .. I certainly can relate to that

Thank you. I think I will do just that. I don't know what the stock spring rates are for a Wira 1.8EXI but I suspect both front/rear are in the 3-4K region. Your recommendation for front 4, rear 3 sounds right.

I have already foamed my undercarriage, ABC pillars. The side sills were done with the harder track foam.

As for SP, I DIY most of it. Hood, trunk, doors, floor and roof. Unless you are very much into ICE, IMO the floor can be skipped. Floor has plenty of ridges/ribs. Plenty stiff enough. For a while, I drove around with the carpets stripped. With or without carpets, the noise level was about the same. At most, if your floor is transmitting some vibration to your feet, get some soft underlay for it. Did the roof not because of noise. Was because it was akin an oven in the afternoon. When I had my roof replaced years ago, I think they left out most of the older insulation. I can get into the car and drive to my destination which is 30 minutes away. By the time I get there, car was still hot. You wont want to be caught in a jam. :mad: No need for expensive or heavy SP materials for the roof. Can use the cheaper Insuflex. Fixing the roof and doors will block out a huge portion of our Malaysian heat.

well seems like u have almost all area covered...about heat inside the car....i would blame the glass part....even if u got tint those cheap common..it doesnt help reduce any heat....on my other ride using raytech....it was great..fast cabin cooling and even in dead-heat sun....inside of the car after left parked for long time wasnt that hot to begin with... its just the front windscreen didnt have any tint contribute most of the heat....

so your suspension still in stock form...i believe if u want to remain that way, u can get the apm performax yellow.... for adjustable suspension, get the one with adjustable damping and bodyshift type.....so u can seat the spring just enough for the spring not to jump out of the spring cup/seat and independently adjust your ride heigt.....

as for the room bar...what in my mind tells me for anybody who wants to install it, get it a step further...weld some bracket in the middle of transmission tunnel/chassis tunnel/exhaust tunnel and secure the bar using the front seat rails mounting point....that should prevent this happen.. (the bar folded when subjected to side impact) or perhaps can ask UR to create their room bar version 2 with that additional bracket :driver:

*picture taken from UR gallery

#this is where the room bar folded after impact...with extra retaining bracket bolted at that point, it would strengthen the bar for better benefit....

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The girl passenger and drive survived that crash. And from the post mortem it really did look like the bars were the only thing that saved the 2.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
the infamous "midlife-crisis" :rofl:
But uncle pass it and still on rock solid suspension and 45 series tyres woh!......hhahahhahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

The girl passenger and drive survived that crash. And from the post mortem it really did look like the bars were the only thing that saved the 2.
Wow! but was it specially fitted, like extra mounts, brackets etc?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
nope. That Satria had all the standard bars that UR have for sale. That GTI is owned by the UR salesman la.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

I am a bit puzzled. How is it 'room bar' is legal while roll cage isn't?

When I look at the above pic, I don't think I want to sit in the rear. In the event of a front/rear collision, and the rear passenger isn't belted properly, what happens to their legs?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

When I look at the above pic, I don't think I want to sit in the rear. In the event of a front/rear collision, and the rear passenger isn't belted properly, what happens to their legs?
thats why it needs additional bracket to hold it firmly and not crumple easily

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur

Gotta hide that room bar under the carpet so that parents don't catch me modding my car. :burnout:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
you plan to change your suspension first before touching the rear arb?
Yes. I want to gauge how much the car rolls after installing the coilovers. Then decide how thick the arbs should be.

In case anyone misunderstood my earlier sentence, I meant to say "forget the rear tower strut bar if you are going to go ftuned coilovers".
Lol .. I had to read that twice before I understood.

you mention it was good on 195/60R15. 215/45R17 are performance tyres
vr2turbo's analysis is spot on. How come he's so familiar with your car? Must be parking right next to you. :cheers:

Upsizing by 2X makes a lot of difference. On the old tyres, the thicker 65 profile cushions the road vibrations. Not that much gets transmitted into chassis. With the much harder 45s, your chassis speaks to you in an angry tone. :biggrin: Can you feel it via your steering?

That's why I mentioned SR/RaceTech chassis alignment kit helped with the wira. Without them, a lot of vibrations gets transmitted back into the cabin.

as for the room bar...what in my mind tells me for anybody who wants to install it, get it a step further...weld some bracket in the middle of transmission tunnel/chassis tunnel/exhaust tunnel and secure the bar using the front seat rails mounting point....that should prevent this happen.. (the bar folded when subjected to side impact) or perhaps can ask UR to create their room bar version 2 with that additional bracket
Why don't they design the room bar to be placed right in front of the hump of the rear seats? That way, the bar won't be in the way of the passenger's legs.

Sounds like a plan. Why not? Whereabouts do you stay? Let's PM. I'm curious to know about pricing of foaming.
Remember the mamak I suggested in the ZTH Cheras thread? I live nearby. Anybody else wants to take a peek? Specially those entertaining the thought of foaming their rides.

Last edited:

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I know. Aha. Not sure of their UR bars are adjustable. I do know you can get em made at UR themselves though.
Ah, I see now. I must have caused confusion when I said .. "gauge how much the car rolls after installing the coilovers. Then decide how thick the arbs should be".

Actually by "how thick" I meant choosing between the 16, 19 or 23 which UR currently offers. Currently thinking of getting 19mm but if new coilovers with stiffer spring produces less body roll, then will settle for 16mm units.

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
Ah, I see now. I must have caused confusion when I said .. "gauge how much the car rolls after installing the coilovers. Then decide how thick the arbs should be".

Actually by "how thick" I meant choosing between the 16, 19 or 23 which UR currently offers. Currently thinking of getting 19mm but if new coilovers with stiffer spring produces less body roll, then will settle for 16mm units.
Actually it's when i said get adjustable arb and you mentioned ftuned. :slug:
How much is it eh?

issuzark

500 RPM
Sep 4, 2014
Kuala Lumpur

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, supposedly so. Good to support local. Our currency currently suxx. I do like their 2 year warranty

Good or not. I don't dare to claim anything till after it's installed. Word of mouth has been encouraging but there are some people who always claim everything good. Which is why I invite you guys to take a peek during the 'before'.

Last edited:

Hadi17

Known Member
Dec 13, 2010
Johor
guys ! I need to know that if the size of the connecting rod of 4g15 and 4g18 is the same ?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Roll cage will supposedly impede your escape in the event of an accident. But I think that's bullshit. It'll probably help with your escape but I guess that depends on what sort of rollcage you have. JPJ needs to update their regulations and be more in the know. The R3 Neo Clubsport has a pretty good rollcage which doesn't get in the way of the driver getting in and out of the car. I don't see why cars can't have that sort of rollcage installed.

The room bar isn't legal or illegal. It's a gray area.

Passengers won't be putting their feet under the bar la. They'll be on top of it so I don't think anything will happen in an accident.

Why don't they design the room bar to be placed right in front of the hump of the rear seats? That way, the bar won't be in the way of the passenger's legs.
You propose to UR la and have them custom make one for you. They might even start incorporating the design to the car models.

Remember the mamak I suggested in the ZTH Cheras thread? I live nearby. Anybody else wants to take a peek? Specially those entertaining the thought of foaming their rides.
When? I'm game. But I'm not in this weekend so anytime after that.

guys ! I need to know that if the size of the connecting rod of 4g15 and 4g18 is the same ?
Not the same length. Size I'm not sure.

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
When? I'm game. But I'm not in this weekend so anytime after that.
My better half will be having a minor surgery this Fri. So this weekend also not good for me. Anytime else will okay. Even weekdays. Venue is very near me.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all sifu out there .....
need advice on metal gasket...
i hav a perdana v6tt...
n intend to upgrade da turbine...injectors n standalone...
i think in order to get tat power i need to up my boost right...
up boost then need metal gasket...
da prob is i cant find any ready made metal gasket..
all i can get it is from powerzone n they said is only 0.8mm..
so this 0.8mm can ka? or do i need a thicker 1?

plzzz advice....tq!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience