Adding 2T as petrol additives...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Well said bro...cldnt agree more

CSL - He's still driving it till today, after filling up diesel + 2T (150ml) per alternate tank ... it's been 3 years... fuel pump has not been changed as yet.... tires changed 2x, underpants changed so many times cannot count, brake pads changed dunno how many times, cars still unwashed like jungle, gal fren changed, jobs changed..

but to be honest with u, i added "octane boosters" from Torco into my V8 to counter the differences between RON95 to RON97.. even mixed the right ratio,...in d end i thought it's a waste of time.. no performance improvements, still pings like a bitch and no mileage improvement as well.. best way to do it, was to retune it back to RON95..

Finally found 2T JASO FD grade from a motorshop.. by MOTUL, added to my V8.. ollalaaa...nice... I've also been doing it for the past 1 year on my V8, fuel pumped still alive, I check my plugs every time i serviced d car.. hell i even dipped a camera scope into one of the pistons 3 months ago for the kick of it... clean as a whistle... as for carbon built ups and damaging of fuel pumps, it highly depends on the ratio of which u mix.. i only mix a small quantity of it... .

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

U still have not answered my earlier question, hence i assume u r posting based on your hunches or gut feeling? which is a good thing for some I guess. Thanks for your attempt to contribute and be helpful towards my query

"Let what is be, and have a peace of mind..."

In automotive forums, majority of us will never let what is be and challenges the envelop of what seems to be impossible. Peace of mind ? Every individual's level of 'peace of mind' is different. If everyone 'let what is be to be what it is so that he can have a peace of mind'.. u and I today will not enjoy what we have in terms of technological advancement. It's called lack of innovation?

Anyway.. thanks mate!

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I have mix 2T into my diesel truck and still doing it today...The pick up is a Nissan Frontier..I up the boost to 1 bar current mileage is 167,000km no engine failure or blown turbo, or damage fuel filter....fuel filter only change once at 90,000km...until now the pickup still drives very nice and the turbo is still good after I took it out for checking last 2 weeks....The shop that I went to service my pickup one he also knows about this and he also mix some 2T into petrol engine and rev rev to clean the top part out....this workshop is not newly open or run by some freshmen....they are a family of 3 generations of mechanics with tons of experience....Grandfather still works there, the father and the son which is my college mate....

I believe the trick here is the ratio...too much is sometimes bad....

kUmUcHaI 11/1

500 RPM
Feb 28, 2010
JB - KL
Walaowei ! Cooking oil is the " ultimate " !
2T mixture I seen before but cooking oil ?

May be need to ask blackhowling for which grade of cooking oil is better ?
Taking motorsport next level ! Let's use sunflower oil + omega oil . Low cholesterol, diet up your car.better than carbon fibre.
Haha.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Sunflower oil. No trans fat ... higher grade per say

Last edited:

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
cooking oil + diesel = ok kot

2T + petrol = ok kot..

:biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
cooking oil I never heard before also....the Mat salleh they use those used french fries oil to power car I see before but those oil but not just take and pour inside the tank...they need to filter it a few times then pour into a special tank that keeps the oil very hot so that the oil viscosity drops....cooking oil at room temp is very sticky and thick...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Diesel fuel?. U mean diesel ?
yup...i use diesel as additive in my petrol racing engine(bike).....because it was easier to source and cheaper to buy than any "reputable/proven" octane booster in the market....on car never try because i never need any additive...my ride all works fine with ron95..and me drive slow2 only :biggrin:

i do agree 2T oil also works...especially for those rotary engine.... :adore:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Rotary engine & conventional petrol engines are 2 very different types of engines

So before anyone jump into conclusion, i suggest we better use our common sense rather than to listen to 'try to be hero zenthian'

Until & unless he is willing to guarantee if theres any problem, he will foot the bill to overhaul the engine !

So lets hear it from the boys !

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
lesly...errrr...btw..my race 4stroke bike engine not rotary btw :adore:

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Guys, 2T in car petrol tank??
2T so oily can clean up injector meh??
i think will create more carbon later in the intake valve ..

i got use 2T empty bottle which got around 1% of 2T to fill up fuel then pour in motorcycle.
The result was smoother ride..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Lesley, I'm using it on my diesel engine as what I've posted and not because listen to BH...I've been doing this way before this thread even started...The important part is the ratio..I mix like 1 small cap to a full tank..

A link which is a good read about adding 2T into diesel..
http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic878.html

Last edited:

kayour

Known Member
Apr 5, 2006
i tried STP or such [forgot wat brand la] for injector/ carb cleaner..the smells like diesel
now i know la why...heheh

/btw...this is new to me

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Guys, 2T in car petrol tank??
2T so oily can clean up injector meh??
i think will create more carbon later in the intake valve ..

i got use 2T empty bottle which got around 1% of 2T to fill up fuel then pour in motorcycle.
The result was smoother ride..
Yes you are right!

Concentrated 2T that not fully combusted becomes carbon, sticks to whatever engine parts, the more you put the more carbon will be in the engine...

Over a period of time....

Costly overhaul...

Proton, Perodua is cheap no problem...

What about overhauling a BM or Merz ?

Think before you put anything into your engine or petrol tank ! :mad::idea::hmmmm2:

punk

Known Member
Aug 6, 2011
Negeri Sembilan
Yes you are right!

Concentrated 2T that not fully combusted becomes carbon, sticks to whatever engine parts, the more you put the more carbon will be in the engine...

Over a period of time....

Costly overhaul...

Proton, Perodua is cheap no problem...

What about overhauling a BM or Merz ?

Think before you put anything into your engine or petrol tank ! :mad::idea::hmmmm2:
Diesel car no comment bro because diesel fuel very oily but petrol car.:burnout:

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Rotary engine & conventional petrol engines are 2 very different types of engines

So before anyone jump into conclusion, i suggest we better use our common sense rather than to listen to 'try to be hero zenthian'

Until & unless he is willing to guarantee if theres any problem, he will foot the bill to overhaul the engine !

So lets hear it from the boys !
There is never anyone, least to say any workshop who are willing to be guranteeing anything. In Forums, the main purpose is to discuss and to exchange idea, not brandishing people or discouraging without any facts or self experience.

It's like you said - concentrated 2T oil will damage the engine. What's your definition of concentrated? 2T oil is designed to be burned along gasoline and it has to be mixed with a very low ratio. Mine's 150ml to 60L of fuel. Do d math. Myself and Titanrev have tried it and both has, to date with no issues by following these low ratios and has find the outcome to be quite positive.

Again, my question to you is - have you tried it yourself since you've been so negatively loud and verbal against the idea of putting 2T oil in it. Have 2T oil damaged your injectors, clogged your fuel pumps or created a million layers of carbon in your engine bay? Please do share your ANSWER to MY QUESTION.

It's not about being heroic in ZTH. It's about sharing ideas and experiences. If HEROIC is the case, then i'd say you are the very definition HERO here as you've been arguing without any personal experience in this and neither have any facts. U are, at least to me - a HERO.

EVERYONE is entitled to their opinions, one can disagree about it while some can argue. Usually disagreement are for people who doesnt really know much but gut feeling tells them otherwise, arguments are those who disagree and proceed to share WHY they disagree with it because - they've read somewhere about it, or they've undergone a horrendous experience through what was suggested. Then, there is the 3rd type - Trolling Heros : simply write and post against the idea for the sake of standing out as HEROs and brandishing others who follow what was suggested to be following blindly bcoz the person suggested it is a 'hero' or some sort, it's another polite way of telling those who follow are idiots.

We as members of ZTH tries to share our experiences and also disagree our differences the best way possible. Through quotes from the webs which we have read and researched via endless hours of reading, through experiences - DIY, through workshop experiences and sometimes quoting a few expensive sessions learned through mechanics' advises. These are what we called - constructive statements or constructive arguments.

Please bear in mind, I am not the topic starter yet I am sharing the experience of mine in using 2T oil. I am not defending it or arguing it with anyone. What I am abit displeased is that, some members come in here and start posing some negative comments but yet, doesn't share the idea WHY he is so against it. Just bcoz of theory? well, practical and reality says - after 2-3 years, our cars are still running fine. When asked why? no answer - pot shots are taken towards contributing posts here as well. Why? Do argue constructively. This is an automotive forum - argue it the automotive way not some 'kid filled' forums where 'my fren says, I read in the forum, my friend has one, my hamster has a ferrari...' and so on. Your last line - "let's hear it from the boys" - perhaps the boys should grow up and post like a man.

So tell me, Lesley, what gives? What made u so against this and brand us as HEROs. I insist that u share.

Thanks

Last edited:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
So 2T JASO FD can be use as petrol additive in 4 stroke engine in correct ratio?
Is it for performance or FC purpose?

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
performance... i cant say there is.. but it's smoother and quieter.... as for FC, it does increase the distance u can travel per tank if u pop in the 2T oil... i personally gain 20-30km per tank but that's not what I use it for... honestly, i use it fr the increase smoothness of it

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
Ok, I've googled about this thing abd I'm ready to try it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
For my diesel, I'm using only mineral type 2T I'm using shell or mobil...I usually pour the 2T in 1st then fuel the car to full...I do this so that the 2T can mix better with the fuel..from what I understand and own observation why putting 2T in is because 2T has a lower flash point than diesel so when I mix in the 2t with the diesel and when the diesel is injected during the compression stroke the 2t molecule will ignite 1st and follow by the diesel this happen very fast and with such. Ignition of the fuel becomes easier and it burns cleaner because the 2t acted like a fire starter. Take example when you try to start a BBQ fire..you put in the fire starter to get the burning started without a fire starter it's not easy to get the coal on fire by itself...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

If I want to install an oil cooler, is it a must to upgrade my oil sump as well?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience