adding more power..help me pros...

stomp3r

May 24, 2006
Well, i'm a newb at modifying cars...i'm driving a wira 1.5 everything stock and it sucks like shit...i want to improve the power but i don't know how...but there's a few constraints such as i don't want to change engine.. any other ways?? cheap ways la if can...and without going through jpj as well....

Elitehunter

Dec 6, 2006
change high performance air filter, change piping, put in hi cams, replace ecu and lots more. But for starting, juz change air filter n piping. Others, if u got deep pocket then can la.

Cohiba

Oct 12, 2006
first of all, know what kind of power u want...for track or for daily use?

like what mr. Elitehunter said, change the air filter and piping first...then will give u atleast another 4-8hp...

those are the cheapest mods u can do to a car without 'breaking the bank account'...hehe...

rest are pretty expensive to do...and u wont get much in return power wise cause dont forget,youre modding the 1.5 stock engine..reliability is another factor too...with the amount that your probably gonna spend, might rethink and consider dumping in a turbo charged engine......

stomp3r

May 24, 2006
i forgot to mention, my car is a auto 1.5... so piping and air filter will do it? it's definitely for daily use...

another thing is what's the purpose or use of a pivot stabilizer? i still don't get it...anyone mind explaining? what does it do??

and recommend me some place to do all these changes..i stay in subang so somewhere nearby would be good..if possible, include brand and price of the parts...cheaper the better..those that can increase hp can already cos my car is a chapalang 1.5auto car..don't wanna spend much...

thx man...

Elitehunter

Dec 6, 2006
if u wan cheaper, then go to chop shop. i dunno bout the pricing.
pivot stabilizer is to reduce the car bodyroll by strengthening the chasis.

and also get a grounding cable and voltage stabilizer. it makes your care respond faster.

stomp3r

May 24, 2006
could u tell me specifically what i could get from the chopshop?and you have any to recommend?

thx

if i were u, i wil juz do some minor upgrade.

1. use synthetic engine oil
  2. use better atf
  3. use dot4 brakefluid
  4. distilled water + Q8 Antifreeze
  5. Iridium Spark Plugs
  6. Grounding + VS for better current flow
  7. Lightweight sport rim
  8. KNN Dropin air filter + 3inch CAI
  9. Better shock + Spring
  10. Full Ekzos System

if stil not satisfy, i wil suggest u opt for GSR-T halfcut......hassle free n powerful

Elitehunter

Dec 6, 2006
sorry2 i have mistaken it for other stabilizer

stomp3r

May 24, 2006
if i were u, i wil juz do some minor upgrade.

use synthetic engine oil
use better atf
use dot4 brakefluid
distilled water + Q8 Antifreeze
Iridium Spark Plugs
Grounding + VS for better current flow
Lightweight sport rim
KNN Dropin air filter + 3inch CAI
Better shock + Spring
Full Ekzos System
i'm interested in the KnN dropin air filter + 3 inch CAI...do u know the price roughly? and where do i get it from? any recommendation??
thx!

forsaken_avatar

Jan 12, 2007
i think elitehunter got mixed up. hehe...
pivot is a company that produces electronics for car performance. pivot 'blue raizin' voltage stabilzer helps minorly in regaining loss off power from inconsistent voltage supply. doesnt really add power that much. but some say it improves ur stereo system & head light brightness.
k&n drop-ins are around rm280 for wira 1.5 at n1racing, subang(quite cheap). im not 2 sure of the CAI...
u should go for the full exhaust system. this will give u around 6-8h's gain.

i'm interested in the KnN dropin air filter + 3 inch CAI...do u know the price roughly? and where do i get it from? any recommendation??
thx!
filter is less than rm250 fo rknn dropin.CAI without bell-mouth wil be cheaper.can get at Eneos,Damansara.

for cheaper n better quality, u can get from Stanley@Ninja_iga. another zth member......

stomp3r

May 24, 2006
diy the cai la.. here's the link - cold air intake hose... cheap cheap~~
haha i'm super noob in this..rather pay money and get it done...but not too expensive of course..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think elitehunter got mixed up. hehe...
pivot is a company that produces electronics for car performance. pivot 'blue raizin' voltage stabilzer helps minorly in regaining loss off power from inconsistent voltage supply. doesnt really add power that much. but some say it improves ur stereo system & head light brightness.
k&n drop-ins are around rm280 for wira 1.5 at n1racing, subang(quite cheap). im not 2 sure of the CAI...
u should go for the full exhaust system. this will give u around 6-8h's gain.
alright, full exhaust system..brand? and where to fix? recommendation please..
thx!

My car original is 5 1/2" wan upgrade to 6.5"
what tool i need to use?
what should i do?

and one more thing

this setup is right or not?

HU >one pre out>elec xover>first way to component with crossover and tweeter.>second way off>sub use for one amp for one subwoofer.

This setup right or not cause confuse why i have one elec xover already the the component set have one more crossover is that right?

and how to diy 5.5 board to 6.5