satria_95

6,000 RPM
Read it here.

buy_ur_info.jpg

yup
very cipek one
suddenly got some wat bank call u if interested in credit card or not
and u dunno where the fuck they get your info from

Next time if people like that call you just ask them how they got your number, etc.etc. ask them more and more questions to make them frustrated. They will really get pissed off. Do this to the point they hang up, after all you're not the one paying for the phone bill.

If everyone does that, they telemarketing trend will slow down.

Nah..I'd just say no and put down the phone straight away. simple.

the next time a telemarketer tries to solicit business from me he/she is going to get an ear full from me. Citibank was charging me for a PA protector for donkey months without me realising it and when I lodge a complain they said I agreed ,I told them to show proof they mentioned I have verbally agreed! WTF???? Since when verbal agreement is an endorsement?

The gomen must penalise these idiots for selling information and the other idiot who bought and used them.

Last edited:
devious17 said:
the next time a telemarketer tries to solicit business from me he/she is going to get an ear full from me. Citibank was charging me for a PA protector for donkey months without me realising it and when I lodge a complain they said I agreed ,I told them to show proof they mentioned I have verbally agreed! WTF???? Since when verbal agreement is an endorsement?

The gomen must penalise these idiots for selling information and the other idiot who bought and used them.
wei jeffblazed is for sale the price FREE............

devious17,
Many call centers have recorder systems that records conversations. Those recordings are somehow, "valid" endorsements. If you mentioned that Citibank is charging you for something for months without you realizing it, you are no longer entitled to make a complaint anymore. Reason is because they send statements every single month. You should've made a report once you see the very first "unauthorized" charges made to your account. After a few months, they would have already confirmed that you agree with the transaction.
However, I would still encourage you to fire it up with them and see if they can prove anything for charging or not. Better to fight and lose (if this happens) rather than loose without fighting. God be with you, dude.

Back to the topic, I've got calls from people who I don't even know. When I asked Maxis about it, they said that it could be from wherever forms which I filled in in those contest or whatever.

Another possibility is that some of your friends were registering something and one additional section was to include some referals for, perhaps, a little more benefit of whatever they're signing up for. There you have it. Another way your personal details was let loose.

There are many more ways, I believe, where we're somehow not entirely aware of on how our personal details are distributed. Scary when I think about it. Can't even read a magazine while shitting without someone calling up later and say, "Sir, I'm from fuckYOU Company. We noticed you were reading HOW TO FUCK A TELEMARKETEER magazine in the gents just now and.... bla bla bla"

Last edited:
yup, from Maybank. Received at least 3-4 calls, persuaded me to apply for their credit cards...offering all in 1..i cant rememebr the offer oredi as I wasnt listening. They refused to tell me where they get my number from. Most of the time, they used private line which our phone screen will not show the phone number whenever they call.

So far, thank god...quite peaceful hehe. Only scared to get Gotcha call from Hitz.fm

jacek,
If you have a maybank account, they can easily get your number and call you up. I've got many calls from maybank but I've got 2 accounts with them. So I guess they got my number from them. Usually, when they call, I'll ask them where they're from and what is their name. Then I'll just say, "sorry, I'm not interested" and they'll just end the call.

yeah, I don't think we could do anything about it...
There's this big case in Indonesia where 5 heads from Citibank Indonesia got fired because leakage of Citibank's customer infor. It had been exagerrated that even in "Pasar Malam" Indon u can get citibank's customer database.'After the sacking of those 5 and many under their belt; Citi decided to tighten up information security by even disabling USB port of their PCs.
Emails in and out are screened etc....
But obviously there's still ways to export and import information.
Btw, sales usually have good connections. I give u some contacts, u give me some contacts.....that's how it works. It's annoying; but I don't agree that it's unethical. It's just how ppl needs to do for survival.
If you're in sales than u'll also ask around your friends or relatives on whoever "might" be interested in your product. SO, are those contacts given treated as violations?

got a random call from some gym, telling me that i was referred to by a friend. but i told the fella that all my friends have kegs and not 6packs so i think she got the wrong number lol

infernal,
haha I got calls from gym too. Previously, I always get calls from people promoting palace of the golden horses. Even after I tell them to delete my number, they still call a few months later.

i guess thats the oldschool version of spam ? just that their interested in selling legit stuff unlike the spam you get online.

Calls from gyms are normal. They got it from our frens who went or joined the gym

ADDING ON :

All these breaching of confidential and private informations has led to so many SPAM / JUNK MAILS.

It is irritating to many people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know its frustrating to get calls from telemarketeers but normally i try to refuse them politely. I'll try to let them finish what they're trying to sell and then tell them i'm not interested. Although they will try to tell me another point, i'll just let them know i'm REALLY not interested in that product/package. So they'll normally hang up after that.

You know i'm also in the sales line and trust me it sucks when someone tells you off without even giving you a chance to finish saying a line. Next time just try to be polite in turning them down. One day when you're trying to sell something, you'd appreciate if someone be nice to you. It makes up your day, really.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom