Who set the standard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
sigh..
if loud exhaust not allow

how bout the STOCK exhaust from many proton car?
so loud.. so irritating...

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
ken yeang said:
Aiya...not only mod exhaust is problematic. Car window tint oso a problem what. The seller of the tint never get caught. Only the driver who paste the suspected window tint always get pulled off the road.....

other than window tint, fiber, spoiler, body kits etc oso can be considered as modify. JPJ can say that the modification would make the car unrecognisable from the model registered in the car's registration card..So how?

Black color bonet (CF wanabe) oso considered illegal by JPJ. They once said that a car can only registered under 1 colour, or 2 tone as per standard factory colour. So, if bonnet hitam colour, how do JPJ write the color type in the registration card??

Sikit putih, skit hitam?....:_:
My mom's Kia Carnival (2-tone, black and silver) has 'Kelabu & Hitam' on the pink card.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Stylus said:
If we compare m'sia and other country.. malaysia is so outdated... the cabinet has already re-shuffle but i doubt nothing will change.. if there is changes, it should have been done years and years ago.. now modification is normal la.. unless modification those loud exhaust and other obvious things la but modification for our car to go smoother and confortable also got problem.. gov?? laughing stock man...

but as acbc wrote.. if not factory fitted then is illegal.. but what bout those stock exhaust broken, and cant find anymore standard stock for the car? what we suppose to do.. just leave it? thats why they should set at least some standard for us to understand.. but where the hell is the standard.. the only standard we have today is.. "i cakap you salah then you salah"... widely use by us ONLY... ISO9001 for them... thumbs up.. :angry:
U see... that's the problem... JPJ aren't very clear when it comes with guidelines unlike our neighbours in SG.

But bottomline, the phrase... "If it ain't factory-fitted, it's illegal" still remains. Better to be safe than sorry. Unless of course, u have loads of cash to donate.

Pls read here: http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publi...ification_guide/modification_allowed_lta.html

Very useful and I wish JPJ would publish this on their website. And for God's sake... host the site elsewhere la... at least somewhere reliable! Their site is either slow or down most of the time.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
sam1741 said:
sigh..
if loud exhaust not allow

how bout the STOCK exhaust from many proton car?
so loud.. so irritating...
Those they can't do shit abt it because it came as standard factory-fitted item.

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
acbc said:
Those they can't do shit abt it because it came as standard factory-fitted item.
some branded aftermarket muffler
(example last time i saw one TRD one on an altezza)

is more quiet than proton stock muffler....

simon

Known Member
Mar 31, 2005
why not check the jpj website: www.jpj.gov.my

i know its damn slow but there are some limited info...i was surprised to see that 70% of light must pass through the cars's windscreens (any side)...thats means only 30% darkness level tinting is allowed ?? i thought 50% on the sides ?? no mention abt loud or big exhaust...but bodykits,wide wheel arches,spoilers,big bumpers & some more are allowed

Stylus

May 17, 2005
Ja Be
www.jpj.gov.my ????
yala... agreed with acbc bout the website.. we malaysia is no longer living in the 60's or 70's where everyone has to go to the counter for information.. we are living in the IT world.. for ppl like us.. we rather stay at home and check the net for information but dissapointed...
haha... slow, all in malay, information soooooooooooooooooooo general etc... even if we check out the website.. there isn't much info that we needed in our modifications... thats y no standard yet we can exactly follow.. thats why people always said.. goverment is the standard of everything thru their mouth not black and white... thats the problem.. if there is a standard then there will not be much "kopi duit" that we goin to give.. if standards is there.. then we must follow.. but NO... they saman as they like... like they are the father of ruler... haha...

d3s

500 RPM
May 1, 2005
KL
Stylus ,
no wonder u so sked la... ur car mod so kau kau!!! wahaha....
like me ma..,, stock of the stock!!! no worries!!! heheheheee.....
v must understand the culture here man!!! nothing much v can do about it!!!
sigh!!!

bmw_m3

500 RPM
Jan 10, 2006
boleh land.. to avoid all the boleh ppl wif boleh badges that boleh give saman dun do anything to your car even put sticker! if not pay only loh..
JPJ set standards yeah..

Status
Not open for further replies.