WHITE SMOKE - out from exhaust pipe!!!

teearts

Jun 30, 2006
Hello!I got Nissan Sentra B14,when I stop at traffic light and the time ready to go,I press bit harder on fuel paddle as I insert 2nd and 3rd gear,there is some white smoke came out from the car exhaust,the funny thing is,the white smoke is not contineous,it just blow out for 2 or 3 second,then the car would go smooth without smoke.....I wonder perhaps the piston ring had wore out or the inner engine part had too dirty,cos I am now using STP Oil Treatment,some mechanics said oil treatment can help to clean out the inner engine part,the deposit which stick inside engine would wash away bit by bit and then blow out through the back exhaust...Guys,do you have any idea instead of changing a new engine or go for overhaul??...Is there any better oil treatment in the market can really stop the smoke?Or should I try STP Motor Flush to wash the engine while I go for service,or maybe the valves or curb have to be clean up??Lastly to inform I am now using Caltex techron black oil,is any better black oil in the market can help in this matter?Thanks guys for yours' reply!!!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
white smoke usually caused by engine oil leaked into the combustion chamber.... when they burn the engine oil, thats why got white smoke come out...

correct me if wrong arr....

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
there could be many factors to the cause of the white smoke .... best is u bring to ur usual mech to get it checked ...

ThunderGod_Cid

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
as far as i have learned... i asked my lecturer..

blue smoke = engine oil burning in the combustion chamber, man ways for oil to get there.

white smoke/black smoke = air/fuel mixture not good....

correct me if i am wrong.. sry ar

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
haha... means i wrong lo... wakakka... forgot la, last time i read in internet about exhaust gas color.... lolz...

nvm nvm... better send to mech to rectify the problem... if engine too old, better not flush ur engine la... as some said, more problems might occur after flushing... get ur mech advice first.... if he say flush, u flush lo... hehe....

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
but i heard from foreman they say valves bushes worn off oledi also can cause white smoke ..... sorry if i`m wrong

ThunderGod_Cid

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
blue smoke izit??
well, valve guides, valve bushes, valve seals, piston rings, scratches in cyclinders, if all these are defective, the engine oil can escape into the combustion chambers thru these 'lubangs' and burn along with petrol.....

if wanna overhaul if pistons are defective, put oversized, change diameter of piping, rebore combustion chamber/cylinder n lotsa crap...

jz my 2cents, correct me if i am wrong ar, pai seh. i not know much

teearts

Jun 30, 2006
Thanks to all of you guys!I did sent my car to my mech,he suggest me get a 2nd hand engine which import from Japan,but pocket "Bor~looi" ma....and there is a risk too if I get the same worst engine like mine,the"Kedai Potong Kereta"only give 2 weeks guarantee if I am not wrong,see later how.For temporary,do you guys have any idea about STP Oil Treatment?In Hokkien they call it "Black Oil Sperm",sound funny but it did help bit right now,reduce the white smoke,I heard some mech said there is another better one in the market,Thunder God ah!Can you ask your lecturer regarding this oil treatment thingies?See if he has any idea...Thanks ya!See you guys later!

intergratypezero

Jul 16, 2006
but normally if asap putih came out already confirm piston ring fried....cos the engine oil mixed up with the petrol. that causes the smoke came out. cos i already kena with my dad's iswara.

intergratypezero

Jul 16, 2006
OIL TREATMENT actually used when ur engine is quite old and the lubricants cannot stick to the metal. the other name for oil treatment is metal conditioner. just think about the shampoo and conditoner for ur hair... then go figure :P

yinho

Known Member
Sep 27, 2004
Visit site
white smoke is caused by steam or antifreeze solution
while bluish is caused by engine oil leak into combustion chamber
black smoke is caused by engine running too rich

try to find a mechanic to find out the prob of your engine. not just change to a new engine. if one mechanic suggested to change engine, try to consult other mechanic. some just wanna make fast money thats why suggest you a new engine. last time for my case, everytime i rev my engine then whitish bluish smoke will come out, caused by worn valve seal. just need top overhaul only. not that expensive.

ThunderGod_Cid

Known Member
Dec 2, 2005
what yinho say is right... i silap dy.
steam = cylinder head gasket time to change ;p. radiator water escaping from the engine block's water jacket, into combustion chamber

teearts

Jun 30, 2006
Thanks!You guys really great,know a lot about engine.Ya,in fact I just think,if the whitish smoke content engine black oil,my car's black oil should reduce from time to time,but it is not,it's still maintain about only half centimeter below the 'FULL' level even many times the exhaust had blow out the white smoke,if it's keep going down the level more and more,I think this situation should consider piston ring worn,am I right?..One more question,I realise when everytime before the smoke came out,my car will jerk a bit on the smooth high way running,it will get back to normal after a while,with or without the smoke blow out,...May I know how could this happened?!It's funny!However,I need to look for a better mech and make a check for it.Thanks again!C ya!

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
er.. i oso hv question..

my car during high rev oso hv white smoke.. (white blue or white white duno coz its my fren who see it).. is it piston ring?

if piston ring want to change, how much it cost? labor sure expensive rite?
need open everything is it?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all sifus out there,

Currently im considering to buy a crz.. but this car previously was a demo car (according to the salesman) not sure wad demo is it hehe.. so tis car already comes with turbocharged and supercharged.. driven less than 10000km and its selling ard 78k (hvt confirm yet).

i quite like tis car as the price is reasonable to me and would like to try turbo car hehe..the dealer also agreed to let me bring tis car check by any car workshop.

My concern is im not sure...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience