Which 1.6L used car to go?

What to do, this car is probably fully imported CBU from Japan. Boxer engines are not too cheap to manufacture either. FD are manufactured in Thailand if I am not mistaken.

Engine spec for this 1.5 litre boxer.
List of Subaru engines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Slightly better than Vios specs but driving an Impreza in KL, lots will expect it to be fast. If got a 1.5L one sure kena bully on the road haha!

Ya, cars like Altis & Lancer so far in SG mostly all 1.6L. Hardly see any higher cc models.

Slightly better than Vios specs but driving an Impreza in KL, lots will expect it to be fast. If got a 1.5L one sure kena bully on the road haha!

Ya, cars like Altis & Lancer so far in SG mostly all 1.6L. Hardly see any higher cc models.

Yeah, people here will be like "Wa, Subaru oh... Come race with him" Then later become like that WRX STI VS Myvi case again but this time, the Impreza is at a pure disadvantage.

One thing that I am sad is, most of the time I tell people about Impreza, they are like ????:confused:
But when I say Subaru, then they all will be like "oh, I know lor" For Evo, most people do know but Impreza, must mention Subaru only they know. :banghead:

Yeah, people here will be like "Wa, Subaru oh... Come race with him" Then later become like that WRX STI VS Myvi case again but this time, the Impreza is at a pure disadvantage.

One thing that I am sad is, most of the time I tell people about Impreza, they are like ????:confused:
But when I say Subaru, then they all will be like "oh, I know lor" For Evo, most people do know but Impreza, must mention Subaru only they know. :banghead:

When you talk to a chicken with human language, you won't be expecting that the chicken going to understand what you said. Not until you switch your channel to their language. haha!

If u get what i mean haha!

People know the brand, but not the model.

When you talk to a chicken with human language, you won't be expecting that the chicken going to understand what you said. Not until you switch your channel to their language. haha!

If u get what i mean haha!

Difficult to talk about cars with non car people.

Another example would be that most people tend to relate anything fast or modified with turbo. Got flame exhaust also say turbo. Or say "put turbo later exhaust got flame wor". RPM going high also some can say turbo kick in. Everything also turbo. :banghead::banghead:

People know the brand, but not the model.

To them, there is only one Subaru which is the Impreza WRX STI.

Difficult to talk about cars with non car people.

Another example would be that most people tend to relate anything fast or modified with turbo. Got flame exhaust also say turbo. Or say "put turbo later exhaust got flame wor". RPM going high also some can say turbo kick in. Everything also turbo. :banghead::banghead:

To them, there is only one Subaru which is the Impreza WRX STI.

Same to Malaysians, the only Toyota is Vios :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yala, that's why I said u are not talking their language haha! So they dunno. Unless u have patience to explain to them. That also depends on whether people take your advice/opinion. Some ego ones will shove it away. That's their loss. I done my part to share. Don't want accept not my problem.

You tell them off air-cond when driving la. The car will be like turbo. More power haha!

Same to Malaysians, the only Toyota is Vios :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yala, that's why I said u are not talking their language haha! So they dunno. Unless u have patience to explain to them. That also depends on whether people take your advice/opinion. Some ego ones will shove it away. That's their loss. I done my part to share. Don't want accept not my problem.

You tell them off air-cond when driving la. The car will be like turbo. More power haha!

I explain also don't know where to start. Often I tell my friends about old VTEC engines. Most of the time I showed videos of B16B accelerating to top speed. But still hard to explain to them why that engine is powerful. I tell them the engine got 185hp but they don't get it. So I need to bring up common cars like Myvi 1.3 and say that one had 90hp or Vios had like 107hp to let them have an idea roughly how much hp normal cars have.

Then about the part why 1.6 B16B is so powerful than those 1.5 1NZ-FE in Vios, that one also difficult to explain. Need explain about camshaft, cam profile switching, piston compression, valve, intake and exhaust. Too much already. Thinking back, I also don't know how I manage get to know all these. :biggrin:

Off aircond also increase like 1 or 2hp only.

I explain also don't know where to start. Often I tell my friends about old VTEC engines. Most of the time I showed videos of B16B accelerating to top speed. But still hard to explain to them why that engine is powerful. I tell them the engine got 185hp but they don't get it. So I need to bring up common cars like Myvi 1.3 and say that one had 90hp or Vios had like 107hp to let them have an idea roughly how much hp normal cars have.

Then about the part why 1.6 B16B is so powerful than those 1.5 1NZ-FE in Vios, that one also difficult to explain. Need explain about camshaft, cam profile switching, piston compression, valve, intake and exhaust. Too much already. Thinking back, I also don't know how I manage get to know all these. :biggrin:

Off aircond also increase like 1 or 2hp only.

Haha! Off air cond at least engine have less thing to work on. So more responsive only.
That 1.6L vs 1.5L vios that one if they interested ask them go google. Hard to explain in full. Unless after the read and research, certain part dun understand, ask from there then easier to explain.

U know all these because you got Einstein Brain, bugger can remember what every member said before or mentioned before. Memory the size of elephant brain man LOL!

Got looks but no go one.......:biggrin::biggrin:

Haha! Off air cond at least engine have less thing to work on. So more responsive only.
That 1.6L vs 1.5L vios that one if they interested ask them go google. Hard to explain in full. Unless after the read and research, certain part dun understand, ask from there then easier to explain.

U know all these because you got Einstein Brain, bugger can remember what every member said before or mentioned before. Memory the size of elephant brain man LOL!

Our weather here, off aircond sure killing especially recently where it hasn't rained for so many days. KL got haze? Ipoh got.

Ask them to google it? I doubt they bother. Hear me talk car story maybe can la, but ask them google sure they don't want since they are not interested in it.

I don't have Einstein brain. My maths is very very bad. About the part that I remember what members said at here, is it really that accurate? :hmmmm:

Got looks but no go one.......:biggrin::biggrin:

A lot of cars are also like this. Like new Korean cars.

Our weather here, off aircond sure killing especially recently where it hasn't rained for so many days. KL got haze? Ipoh got.

Ask them to google it? I doubt they bother. Hear me talk car story maybe can la, but ask them google sure they don't want since they are not interested in it.

I don't have Einstein brain. My maths is very very bad. About the part that I remember what members said at here, is it really that accurate? :hmmmm:

A lot of cars are also like this. Like new Korean cars.

See the way you comment base on your knowledge u can remember lots of things that you studied.
Which I have a bad memory haha! I need to read many times before I can remember. Prefer practical than theory because I remember more on practical.

See the way you comment base on your knowledge u can remember lots of things that you studied.
Which I have a bad memory haha! I need to read many times before I can remember. Prefer practical than theory because I remember more on practical.

But you still can find me ask a lot of questions around here. Meaning I am still like beginner only la. :biggrin:

I'm a bit clumsy to do practical stuff. Need to do many times. And lazy as well. Theory stuff I can manage but that also depends on the interest. There are some subjects in uni that I find it interesting. I study once or twice a day before final exam and still can come out with A. I like that feeling.

But you still can find me ask a lot of questions around here. Meaning I am still like beginner only la. :biggrin:

I'm a bit clumsy to do practical stuff. Need to do many times. And lazy as well. Theory stuff I can manage but that also depends on the interest. There are some subjects in uni that I find it interesting. I study once or twice a day before final exam and still can come out with A. I like that feeling.

U act bobby eat tiger by asking questions that you already know la must be. Like testing us. :laugh:

That's why I say u have elephant size memory LOL! Read then can remember adi.
I'm not good in that. I read more times than anyone else..I do practical, I can absorb what I learn more. You tell me in words especially technical ones, my brain go haywire. Dunno what you talking about :laugh: Unless I know what it is.

Anyway, back to topic, 1.6L used car, I think Sentra worth modding since they have the SR16VE & SR20VE Neo VVL. That one is called VTEC Killer. 4AGE no match as well for NA.

U act bobby eat tiger by asking questions that you already know la must be. Like testing us. :laugh:

I'm not good in that. I read more times than anyone else..I do practical, I can absorb what I learn more. You tell me in words especially technical ones, my brain go haywire. Dunno what you talking about :laugh: Unless I know what it is.

Anyway, back to topic, 1.6L used car, I think Sentra worth modding since they have the SR16VE & SR20VE Neo VVL. That one is called VTEC Killer. 4AGE no match as well for NA.

Before that , I also think for SR series engine.
However, spare part is a main concern for us to stay at northern region :mad:

Nyame, Ixeo, genuine RPF1 for Myvi!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

Got problem ker? :hmmmm: Used to have original forged Rays Engineering TE37 bronze on it, but looked ugly cause not lowered.

Eh izso, diam diam la. My sampan just use to go get fish only.

boyzone: RPF1 damn sexy right..near or far..also look so good.

I really don't know or not so sure, that is why I ask. VR2 is always kind enough to answer. Owe him a lot for that.

You're here for so long, sure can absorb a lot already. Previously when I just started my car interest at 2010, I really don't know anything. Until at 2012 where I got interested in mod stuff then I start to know a bit. When I mean I don't know anything, I don't know what are the differences of engine configurations like straight 4, V6... No idea how turbo works, intake, throttle, air filter also don't know. Roughly everything also don't know except for car names and their brand. At most also know how many cc and much hp. No idea what is the use of torque back then.

SR16VE still 1.6 litre but SR20VE already 2.0 litre. Based on raw power output, on paper it was higher than B series VTEC engine. But on wheel horsepower, not sure is still better than VTEC or not. Heard before over here that 4G92 MIVEC on paper is 170hp but on wheel is like 140whp only or something.

Besides, if talk about the overall package of the whole car, B series VTEC engines are usually fitted to older Civic or older Integra. SR16VE and SR20VE are fitted to Sentra or maybe Pulsar but that is rare over here. Handling wise, Civic and Integra wins hands down with their double wishbone suspension. After market parts for B series engines are also easy to find unlike the SR engines. We all know that Honda is famous for making FWD with excellent handling. The downside is, Civic and Integra are expensive and both are also thief magnet especially Civics.

Got problem ker? :hmmmm: Used to have original forged Rays Engineering TE37 bronze on it, but looked ugly cause not lowered.

If you don't mind me asking, both rims how many inch?

Ya, RPF1 is a sexy rim.. but fake rims are too many in the market, need to very becareful when purchase.
Besides, SSR Type X also is another sexy rim to plug in. But, is quite difficult to get.

15"
because it is the lightest rim, and at that size you have choices of rubbers at the lowest price possible. Back then, at 15" you can choose F1 GSD3, Pilot Sports 2, Advan AD-07, Toyo T1R etc. 14" was too limited in terms of rubber choices.

Of course now tyre manufacturers moving to larger sizes.

Despite my love for RPF1, I must say the finishing on the Rays Engineering TE37 is the best bar none. NOTHING comes close to the anodizing work on Rays.

Because I love RPF1. :bawling:
U bid for it or bought it locally?

I really don't know or not so sure, that is why I ask. VR2 is always kind enough to answer. Owe him a lot for that.

You're here for so long, sure can absorb a lot already. Previously when I just started my car interest at 2010, I really don't know anything. Until at 2012 where I got interested in mod stuff then I start to know a bit. When I mean I don't know anything, I don't know what are the differences of engine configurations like straight 4, V6... No idea how turbo works, intake, throttle, air filter also don't know. Roughly everything also don't know except for car names and their brand. At most also know how many cc and much hp. No idea what is the use of torque back then.

SR16VE still 1.6 litre but SR20VE already 2.0 litre. Based on raw power output, on paper it was higher than B series VTEC engine. But on wheel horsepower, not sure is still better than VTEC or not. Heard before over here that 4G92 MIVEC on paper is 170hp but on wheel is like 140whp only or something.

Besides, if talk about the overall package of the whole car, B series VTEC engines are usually fitted to older Civic or older Integra. SR16VE and SR20VE are fitted to Sentra or maybe Pulsar but that is rare over here. Handling wise, Civic and Integra wins hands down with their double wishbone suspension. After market parts for B series engines are also easy to find unlike the SR engines. We all know that Honda is famous for making FWD with excellent handling. The downside is, Civic and Integra are expensive and both are also thief magnet especially Civics.

Haha! Just kidding la, no la bro, absorb a lot, not really. Mentioned before too technical theory, I won't understand by just reading. Need to actually see the thing or see how it works only can understand. Some can understand base on theory but mostly not all I can understand. Need some deeper explanation sometimes even after reading it. So, how long you are in ZTH doesn't mean u r that knowledgeable la.

I no sifu, real sifu are those like VR2 and Izso and others :laugh:

but a friend confirm that his 4AGE was smoke by a stock SR16VE sentra. Everything stock except engine. So, is quite a potential NA engine for a 1.6L. That's what makes me find Nissan SR16VE is a potential engine to mod in Sentra. Since the stock engine is not good at all. Pick up really bad.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom