Where to Buy Bosch Car Battery cheap?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
I cannot use NS70 coz my terminals are the small type! So can only use NS60L, sigh...:banghead:
Maybe that's why also not enough juice to start after 1 week idle.

Why don't you just buy a charger and extension cable, assuming you're not staying in a condo.

I cannot use NS70 coz my terminals are the small type! So can only use NS60L, sigh...:banghead:
Maybe that's why also not enough juice to start after 1 week idle.

A good battery can last up to 3 months not hooked up. If already fitted to car, usually 3 to 4 weeks should not be a problem because alarm system, clock, HU standby, etc., draining it. If yours drain off in a week, probably you have parasitic leak, means something drawing power. My car having that problem, have sent to 2 wire man also don't know what is wrong. I google youtube and tested myself and found the draw coming from my ignition line, so now when I park at home I pull out the ignition fuse. Then when want to use car, plug back fuse. A little problematic but it works, battery not dead.....hhahhahahaha:biggrin:

If can only fit NS60 size then your budget good for the Panasonic battery. Anyway, most sedan cars comes with NS60 size only, and most upgrade them to NS70. However my SUV comes with NS70 as standard.....:driver:

Why don't you just buy a charger and extension cable, assuming you're not staying in a condo.

Well unfortunately I am staying at a condo.

A good battery can last up to 3 months not hooked up. If already fitted to car, usually 3 to 4 weeks should not be a problem because alarm system, clock, HU standby, etc., draining it. If yours drain off in a week, probably you have parasitic leak, means something drawing power. My car having that problem, have sent to 2 wire man also don't know what is wrong. I google youtube and tested myself and found the draw coming from my ignition line, so now when I park at home I pull out the ignition fuse. Then when want to use car, plug back fuse. A little problematic but it works, battery not dead.....hhahhahahaha:biggrin:

If can only fit NS60 size then your budget good for the Panasonic battery. Anyway, most sedan cars comes with NS60 size only, and most upgrade them to NS70. However my SUV comes with NS70 as standard.....:driver:

My only suspicion is the blinking lights on my Viper alarm plus the Clifford immobilizer. Or maybe my car audio. I don't know, how to test leh? I'm very nub at electrical. Maybe next time I just unplug the terminal.

I need to change the terminals to big size to use NS70, not convenient as it's all factory fitted and clamped already. If got adaptor terminal kit then that would be great.

unplug terminal no alarm. car senang kena towed

Well unfortunately I am staying at a condo.

My only suspicion is the blinking lights on my Viper alarm plus the Clifford immobilizer. Or maybe my car audio. I don't know, how to test leh? I'm very nub at electrical. Maybe next time I just unplug the terminal.

I need to change the terminals to big size to use NS70, not convenient as it's all factory fitted and clamped already. If got adaptor terminal kit then that would be great.

You will need amp meter. Unplug positive terminal on battery then hook meter between battery and positive terminal. Switch off as per normal, then see if there is current draw. Low current draw I think below 1 amp is normal for the clock, HU standby etc. If the current draw is high (mine is 3 plus amp) then you one by one unplug your fuse. Start with those in main engine compartment and followed by those in the passenger compartment. Any fuse drawn and the draw current drops or stop then trace what fuse is that. From there trouble shoot what is drawing the current....:driver:

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Yup, that's the risk but my condo is so far very safe now. If my battery lost juice also the same, alarm would not work anymore.

My mechanic got one client lost his Evo 6.5 from Condo car park.....:banghead:

You will need amp meter. Unplug positive terminal on battery then hook meter between battery and positive terminal. Switch off as per normal, then see if there is current draw. Low current draw I think below 1 amp is normal for the clock, HU standby etc. If the current draw is high (mine is 3 plus amp) then you one by one unplug your fuse. Start with those in main engine compartment and followed by those in the passenger compartment. Any fuse drawn and the draw current drops or stop then trace what fuse is that. From there trouble shoot what is drawing the current....:driver:

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

My mechanic got one client lost his Evo 6.5 from Condo car park.....:banghead:

Hmm I'll try test first when got time. I think my multi meter also already not working now, almost never use.

Well like I said even if I activate alarms etc like normal but then the battery run out of juice, all those things also will not work anymore. I have a few extra steering and pedal locks though and my condo so far is very secure. I hope if really got thieves hunting in my condo, they would target other cars as there are many more interesting and expensive cars there with less locks than mine. Evo 6.5 TME is a rare gem so it's a thief magnet.

DIY TT! :biggrin:

These days any excuse to TT

Hahaha, I never know when and where you guys TT also, never seem to match my time as well.
Usually I'll try DIY myself and maybe get my boys to help if needed for father-son bonding time. So I teach them also about cars little by little by doing these.

Hahaha, I never know when and where you guys TT also, never seem to match my time as well.
Usually I'll try DIY myself and maybe get my boys to help if needed for father-son bonding time. So I teach them also about cars little by little by doing these.

My X also idle on weekday and only drive on weekend, so far the battery seem ok.:driver:

My X also idle on weekday and only drive on weekend, so far the battery seem ok.:driver:

Hmm I never left it idle for only 5-6 days. So far I've left it for 8-9 days and it went flat already.
What battery do you use now?

My son no interest at all in cars. He only washes it when told to. Is my daughter who is into cars. That day change battery she did it herself.....hhahahhahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Hmm I never left it idle for only 5-6 days. So far I've left it for 8-9 days and it went flat already.
What battery do you use now?

8-9 days flat, probably need new battery already........:driver:

My son no interest at all in cars. He only washes it when told to. Is my daughter who is into cars. That day change battery she did it herself.....hhahahhahaha:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

8-9 days flat, probably need new battery already........:driver:

Well my younger boy seems to have more interest on cars now than his older brother. Now he's the one who plays more GT6 with me and when we were at workshops or looking at cars, he's the one who seems more keen to observe closer and longer. However they both might gain more interest later once they can drive. My older son now already ask me to just buy the Evo as a 3rd car so later he can drive it also! :biggrin: I also gained so much interest on cars only after I learned to drive and then watching F1 races during Senna vs Prost time.

Nope, that already happens since the battery was just a few months old! After I start my X using battery from my wife's car then put back the X battery and drive, then it's all normal already.

Well my younger boy seems to have more interest on cars now than his older brother. Now he's the one who plays more GT6 with me and when we were at workshops or looking at cars, he's the one who seems more keen to observe closer and longer. However they both might gain more interest later once they can drive. My older son now already ask me to just buy the Evo as a 3rd car so later he can drive it also! :biggrin: I also gained so much interest on cars only after I learned to drive and then watching F1 races during Senna vs Prost time.

Nope, that already happens since the battery was just a few months old! After I start my X using battery from my wife's car then put back the X battery and drive, then it's all normal already.

My mechanic third son show plenty of interest from very young. Even when in secondary school and college time, he spend his holidays at the workshop helping out, even in servicing and repairs. Then suddenly interest change and went on to study IT then got a job and seldom see him already.....hhahahhaa

In that case, probably is parasitic current draw, since you mentioned battery new also like that. Mine same case, new battery after one to two week did not drive battery flat.....:banghead:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom