What worth having HKS Fuel Cut Defencer?

Aura

1,500 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I am keen to know what exactly the purpose of having HKS FCD if installed in a Turbo car? Is it worth it to install in small Turbo car like mine - Daihatsu Charade GTti? Is it for higher boost set up? Or saving fuel? I know nothing about that small device..When I read in the oversea's forum, can't understand lah..Soooo technically la..

Can you all explain in plain English of what is the main purpose of that device and it's advantages too..Can?

Thanks bros..

ekinomae

Known Member
Oct 17, 2005
If not mistaken laa..FCD function is to prevent 'fuel cut' during hi-boost. It's not for saving fuel.

Just my 2 yens. Correct me if I'm wrong..

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
Aura said:
I am keen to know what exactly the purpose of having HKS FCD if installed in a Turbo car? Is it worth it to install in small Turbo car like mine - Daihatsu Charade GTti? Is it for higher boost set up? Or saving fuel? I know nothing about that small device..When I read in the oversea's forum, can't understand lah..Soooo technically la..

Can you all explain in plain English of what is the main purpose of that device and it's advantages too..Can?

Thanks bros..
it's quite simple, really.
say your car can do max boost of 1 bar, which will be the max boost point for most turbo cars.if you bleed the boost, or do whatever to increase it to..say 1.3bar, you will experience boost cut. ok?
now to RAISE (FCD do not remove boostcut) that max boost cut level so that you can go to that 1.3bar, a specific FCD that matches your ecu & with the right supporting mods can be used to do it.

BabyGodzillaGTi-R

Known Member
Nov 24, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
I heard there are some issues that its bad for a turbo car might run lean or something when doing high speed runs...
Anyway have anything tosay?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
My car a 1992 Iswara Sedan just got stolen this morning.
Its a stock standard Iswara without any modifications at all.
Sky blue colour bearing number plate WCY 5568.
Interior seats wrapped with "MOMO" blue colour fabric.
Front bumper driver's side misplaced off the fender.
Got some rust on the roof, boot and door but colour still not faded.
Stock Iswara 1992 13" sports rims.
Just trying my luck...those who have seen this car from today onwards at anywhere, please call me up...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience