Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

What to do if Workshop Damage or Loose Your Parts?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

phat7

2,000 RPM
What would you typically do if you encouter the scenario above? Lets say body-engine parts missing and sensors broken? Will you demand payment/replacements?

I appreciate your opinions.

they will tell u 'something something' is broken and need replacement....

last time when i fixed my fender bars at a workshop, they broke my side signal lamp... they say need to change, but i didnt realise that i need to pay for that.... bugger, broke my side lamp some more want me to pay....

that's why we need to send the car to a reputable repair workshop. Definitely not those workshop with I-run-u-chase-me "kim-moh' workers. Always play here and there. Sometimes they think they are sifu and hardly take advice from customer.

Last time, my car seat (not leather, but still sakit hati) got punctured becoz the kim-moh worker refuse to take out screwdriver from back pocket. He sat and shifted in the car seat when testing my car. I later found out the seat got hole liow......

Stupid bugger, How I wish I could smack his acne ridden face with my car lock then.....

hmm.. even reputable ones are risky. I encountered wat can be described as every guy's nightmare. I sent my proton 1.5 wira to a Proton authorised workshop (meaning those that have signboards stated Proton wan) and he is my father's fren (not really close but my dad was the one that recommended that i sent to his workshop). It was for a routine engine oil change and gear oil change. After changing everything, the mechanic noticed that the bumper's mounting was spoilt and asked his foreman to bring the car to a nearby shop to get it fixed. The foreman then took my car out and i waited waited waited until the mechanic's friend walked in to the shop and said, "Hey gary, ur foreman took a car out? He just met an accident"... My heart leaped out and we proceeded to go to the accident site. I was praying that everything was ok and hoping that it was just a minor accident. When i reached the accident site, I saw my beloved car hugging a tree. It was a mild corner and i believe the foreman took it flat out and since it was a blind corner too, perhaps suddenly in front of him was an obstruction to which he tried to avoid by swerving into oncoming traffic. Looking at the tyre marks, he lost control, swerved into the opposite traffic direction and wrapped my car around the tree. The car ended up, the back was facing the direction he was heading. The front passenger seat was totally crushed (i thank god that i was not riding shotgun with him). The foreman suffered some eye injuries due to glass shards and was already sent from the accident scene to the hospital. My car was totalled... My dad came shortly and the mechanic promised to settle it for us. He asked us to claim insurance and he would reimburse the loss on the NCD which amounted quite a few thousands as the NCD was already at 45% max. But guess what! later after the insurance claims were settled, i went back to him to claim back but he refused and his B*tch of a wife asked me to pay for the services cost, for the engine oil and gear oil! Until today it is not settled, i brought the matter to a MCA assembly man who called them up asking on it and on the phone again the mechanic promised to pay but when i went over, he refused again. I even complained to the proton service centre HQ but they could not do anything also... I wanted to bring him to court but since a few thousands only (around RM3k i guess) my dad said just drop the matter. I have since lost confidence with mechanics and rarely i give anyone to drive my car. I also learnt to DIY servicing my car as that incident has left a permanent mark on me... :(

Last edited:
Its actually very sad when mechanics/workshops try to take you for a ride. They somehow feel they can disqualify themselves from the responsibility of delivering the car back to its rightful owner the same way it has come in, at the least.

trex92 said:
hmm.. even reputable ones are risky. I encountered wat can be described as every guy's nightmare. I sent my proton 1.5 wira to a Proton authorised workshop (meaning those that have signboards stated Proton wan) and he is my father's fren (not really close but my dad was the one that recommended that i sent to his workshop). It was for a routine engine oil change and gear oil change. After changing everything, the mechanic noticed that the bumper's mounting was spoilt and asked his foreman to bring the car to a nearby shop to get it fixed. The foreman then took my car out and i waited waited waited until the mechanic's friend walked in to the shop and said, "Hey gary, ur foreman took a car out? He just met an accident"... My heart leaped out and we proceeded to go to the accident site. I was praying that everything was ok and hoping that it was just a minor accident. When i reached the accident site, I saw my beloved car hugging a tree. It was a mild corner and i believe the foreman took it flat out and since it was a blind corner too, perhaps suddenly in front of him was an obstruction to which he tried to avoid by swerving into oncoming traffic. Looking at the tyre marks, he lost control, swerved into the opposite traffic direction and wrapped my car around the tree. The car ended up, the back was facing the direction he was heading. The front passenger seat was totally crushed (i thank god that i was not riding shotgun with him). The foreman suffered some eye injuries due to glass shards and was already sent from the accident scene to the hospital. My car was totalled... My dad came shortly and the mechanic promised to settle it for us. He asked us to claim insurance and he would reimburse the loss on the NCD which amounted quite a few thousands as the NCD was already at 45% max. But guess what! later after the insurance claims were settled, i went back to him to claim back but he refused and his B*tch of a wife asked me to pay for the services cost, for the engine oil and gear oil! Until today it is not settled, i brought the matter to a MCA assembly man who called them up asking on it and on the phone again the mechanic promised to pay but when i went over, he refused again. I even complained to the proton service centre HQ but they could not do anything also... I wanted to bring him to court but since a few thousands only (around RM3k i guess) my dad said just drop the matter. I have since lost confidence with mechanics and rarely i give anyone to drive my car. I also learnt to DIY servicing my car as that incident has left a permanent mark on me... :(

that is pretty shitty man!if me i would reconmend ppl dont go there...lucky until now(touch wood)my foreman is very careful with my car thought it is a cheap national car...he takes care of it more better than i am...hehe...so i trust him with my car...

Doink said:
that is pretty shitty man!if me i would reconmend ppl dont go there...lucky until now(touch wood)my foreman is very careful with my car thought it is a cheap national car...he takes care of it more better than i am...hehe...so i trust him with my car...

yup, that is wat i did. I spreaded the news amongst my frens and anyone else who i had to opportunity to. Btw, the name of the workshop is GT Innovations located in Senawang Light industrial park. The name of the mechanic/owner is Gary Teh. Be wary of him...:angry_smile:

What if we bring our car to do alignment and balancing ? Those foremen sure take our car out after doing alignment...can we follow them ah ?

TitanRev said:
What if we bring our car to do alignment and balancing ? Those foremen sure take our car out after doing alignment...can we follow them ah ?

hmm... i cant remember when was the last time i did that... :D :D but i guess in cases like that no choice lor....

trex92 said:
yup, that is wat i did. I spreaded the news amongst my frens and anyone else who i had to opportunity to. Btw, the name of the workshop is GT Innovations located in Senawang Light industrial park. The name of the mechanic/owner is Gary Teh. Be wary of him...:angry_smile:

Thats excellent. I believe that as the consumer we must enforce our right of receiving the best possible service as well as care for our cars which we have mantained thru our hard earned money.

hmmm got some bad experience with this autorized KIA services centre around my area at Damansara Damai..was getting my engine mounting changed at there..and so happened that the mounting screw lining was out of shape..so the bugger ask me to change another 1 which i bought at a spareparts shop somwwhere near by as well..so i left my car at the workshop and walked to the spareparts shop to get it replaced..was abit uneasy by lefting my car at his place..but no choice..ok at the end get my engine mounting changed..when tried to start my car..SHIT !! unable to ignite at all..i asked the bugger wats wrong with my car..he said "cam pulley sensor kong"..i was like WTF u dont even check on other stuff straight u said that part kong .. i know he's trying to cheat me..so i just made a call..then left my car at his place..and walk over to my frens shops near by..i called my father come over as well..guess wut..after had a few words with my frens and my father reached the shop..i walked back there..guess wut..i straight ignite straight the engine is running..fu*k a*s .. he dismantled one of the sensor..i was pissed..i paid then straight fu*k him on his face..then reversed my car and speed off ..

this kinda buggers really kills our cars..damn ba*tard ..

well.. for me i wont send 2 autorized service centre cause i heard a lot of bad things.. especially when my fren send 2 honda.. his car just send for some routine service onli. but the bugger din service it.. they just open the bonnet check the oil still got then they will say everything done after 1 hour.. they charge my fren like RM500.. later on when his car got prob he send 2 1 of my mechanic they told him the engine oil was not changed..

for me if i send my car for repair or anything i make sure i know the owner of the shop n he is a responsible person.. if test my car also i make sure he does it himself n not his worker.. this includes aligment n balancing as well..

that's why it's good to have ppl introducing us to reputable workshops.
I only go to those that I trusted....i mean i go to that exact foreman for servicing and if any problem, also let him diagnose first before thinking of other solutions...
eventhough it's not a "big" workshop.
And it's my habit that when they're doing things to my car, I would usually poke around and see what they're doing.......even when I changed my exhaust piping, I was basically beneath my car looking at them doing their job. Sometimes, would also gives some input on how to unscrew the tight nuts & bolts.
At least when ur close by and saw something fishy or something was broke accidently/deliberately; u could still accuse them because u "saw" the incident. But if ur not that, most probably they'll tell u it was broken before they touched the car.......
Just an advise.

yaya.... when ur car in service or at workshop, better watch them do their work on ur car.... dont jz leave the car and go for teh tarik la.... after hours leaving ur car there, they might even had transplanted another engine inside.... hahahahaha....

jz joking....

What if there is a clear case of stolen parts or giving befit of doubt, lost items? would you seek clarification and ultimately compensation for item lost. lets say some flicked your mp3 player or intercooler for example.

actually don't talk about workshops also la, look at those jockey parking as well. they're quite irresponsible as well. sometimes i see the car owner just hand over the keys to the jockey and the jockey just speed off like that. not to mention they like to blast the aircon as well.

trex92 said:

sad to heard that...what a stupid mech promise that and that at last can keep their promise....

phat7 said:
What if there is a clear case of stolen parts or giving befit of doubt, lost items? would you seek clarification and ultimately compensation for item lost. lets say some flicked your mp3 player or intercooler for example.

of course i will ask them to change my lost parts...
coz when i go in there my parts still...
when my car inside ur workshop u have to responsibility of them...

Top Bottom