What Piggy Back do?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

djtommy

Jun 24, 2007
Every sifu-sifu here, I got some question about this item. What does piggyback do in our car engine? Where can I get one and how do I get it install in my car? What is the improvement after install this?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
piggyback is some kinda electronic circuit/program that overrides ur oem ecu or work together with ur oem ecu.... it remaps the fuel mapping, afr and so on.... u can get it from any performance shop.... it should be tuned by professionals to extract the best out from ur car....

improvement, better performance, better fuel consumption....

fluffy?

Known Member
Jun 14, 2007
piggy backs are actually support units for ur ecu.that is ur car has to have an ecu to be able to use piggy backs.

they dont remap the ecu,but rather cheats the ecu into thinking that its under different conditions that it actually is.

piggy backs are mainly used for compensating for mods done to a car.when the stock ecu cant keep up.

djtommy

Jun 24, 2007
hi Huakenny,

I'm thinking to install in my 1.5M wira, Siemens ECU. No, i do nothing to my engine before, still a very neutral baby... Can i add on? Any suggested brand?

djtommy

Jun 24, 2007
Well, my problem is, now mine is a WiSE, using Siemens ECU and has a 205 wide tires. I am seriously feel of underpower while driving it. I hope to get some changes. What do you suggest me to do?

fluffy?

Known Member
Jun 14, 2007
erm,i heard the siemens ecu is not really piggyback friendly?am i right?when they sense the piggyback's alteration,the ecu recompensates..is it this ecu?

if u just want the extra power to get those wheels moving..nope.dont get a piggyback.its overkill.

the best is to get smaller wheels.but if u love them and wanna keep them,hehe u gotta do other torque-y mods.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Well, my problem is, now mine is a WiSE, using Siemens ECU and has a 205 wide tires. I am seriously feel of underpower while driving it. I hope to get some changes. What do you suggest me to do?
do ur intake n exhaust system first... den only decide if u wanna upgrade ur ecu...
besides ecu, there are many more mods u can do such as port polish, highcams, bigger injectors (this must add piggyback adi), and so on....

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
a car thats need a piggy , must deserve a piggy
a mild mod car doesnt need piggy at all , its not gonna help
increase in 2 hp gonna be satisfaction for rm1k piggy ?
nah man , mod ya car to an extend that u need piggy
or spend it wisely on other stuff

alwiz do say this to ppl
u dnt want to spend 10k n still have the car crawling
spend wisely

djtommy

Jun 24, 2007
wou... thanks a lot man... i love my 205 tires so i decide to keep it.

hey, skywalker, what modif that i can do on the intake and exhaust system? can u pls elaborate some?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
alot of things u can do...

exhaust:
get a tuned length extractor, proper bullet n exhaust piping setup... make sure piping is mandrel bent.... muffler (s-flow or straightflow u like lor)...

intake:
either drop-in or open-pod filter.... drop-in directly replaces ur oem filter element, which fits directly into ur airbox.... open-pod, is the normal mushroom filter u alwiz see in magazine... open-pod filter with proper cold air intake and heat shield give more performance....

djtommy

Jun 24, 2007
that's seems a good idea. I just talked to my friend this afternoon, he got add an additional air flow inlet and they call it the microKompressor. I don't know whether this is the brand or all this kind of stuff is called microKompressor.

It is same like a BOV at the outside but when you look more closer, u figure it out that it is just a normal air inlet, there is a vacuum meter on it too. My friend said it get more pick-up feel after installed it.

Well, do you think it really do so? and i take some look on those open-pod filter, is around RM100~RM200, it this nice quality?

kennethfong

500 RPM
Aug 11, 2004
if u can believe us, jinkl and other sifus, try to stay away from those microkompressor surbo bla bla.... no comment i dun wan to start a thread war.....

djtommy

Jun 24, 2007
Thanks a lot for yours advice... hihi... ok la... lucky got ask you guys about it... Anyway, to change a open-pop filter will be my first step...

Anyone know whether 4-2-1 extractor is better or 4-1 extractor is better? Mine is 4-2-1 now.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
hi tom, just make sure u fit your open pod filter at a nice spot with heat shield, it is really helps a lot, mine is without heat shield cos i place it at a funny place : ) so under hot weather really feel underpower, only works well at nite time...

some said 4-2-1 is meant for torque, and 4-1 is meant for hp, but now there is many design, the length of the four pipe from engine till the first combined area is the only way to define it is torque type or hp type, shorter for torque and longer for hp ( i think so, dun scold me if i m wrong : ) )

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Thanks a lot for yours advice... hihi... ok la... lucky got ask you guys about it... Anyway, to change a open-pop filter will be my first step...

Anyone know whether 4-2-1 extractor is better or 4-1 extractor is better? Mine is 4-2-1 now.
try get powerzone or hotbits one... worth ur money spent...

djtommy

Jun 24, 2007
well... i didn't found the brand you suggest. Anyway, here are what i spot out...

1.) Metal Hose (i think is aluminum) - RM85
2.) HKS Mushroom Filter, refill-able filter sponge (2 layers) - RM350
3.) Forgot the brand name, like airplane turbine, not refill-able - RM85 ~ RM135

Will it be expensive for the HKS mushroom filter? or this is the price which worth for it. How long does it need to be change if i use those not refill-able filter? I normally drive 350km a week.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just wanna gather info n knowledge about converting the engine..expert n engine owner itself r most welcomed to give yur opinion..let us share with the others..most popular engine that can fit into iswara is 4g91..i'm driving iswara 1.3cc..what type of others engine that can fit iswara

1.mirage
2.mivec
3.vr4

is'it jpj approved+the cost of installing those engine+advantage/disadvantages

PLANNED TO CONVERT mY 1.3 ISWARA
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience