What mods have you regretted / changed and why?

not worth la... my car only value rm2k saja.... it will easily go up to 100k if mod crazy wid a suck handling

Bump: not worth la... my car only value rm2k saja.... it will easily go up to 100k if mod crazy wid a suck handling

all in all ...modding a car is a beautiful experience.yes its costly...butt...its also the sweat and tears , hard erned money that makes the experience so special...but still ..its beautiful..

think of it this way..instead of wasting your money on alcohol,girls,womanizing,parties or even drugs....you spend it on your vehicle...the best part is..what you mod is not 100% wasted if you dont find it useful next time..still can sell off..you might lose abit but at least you had the chance to have fun.

Bump: all in all ...modding a car is a beautiful experience.yes its costly...butt...its also the sweat and tears , hard erned money that makes the experience so special...but still ..its beautiful..

think of it this way..instead of wasting your money on alcohol,girls,womanizing,parties or even drugs....you spend it on your vehicle...the best part is..what you mod is not 100% wasted if you dont find it useful next time..still can sell off..you might lose abit but at least you had the chance to have fun.

The wise and almighty AD EG...:adore: totally agree with you.

For me its the excitement on doing the research and comparisons on each mod and learning from them. Some good, some bad experiences.

DIY mods are the most satisfying...but it seems these days that forum seems a little dry..

Bump: The wise and almighty AD EG...:adore: totally agree with you.

For me its the excitement on doing the research and comparisons on each mod and learning from them. Some good, some bad experiences.

DIY mods are the most satisfying...but it seems these days that forum seems a little dry..

not worth la... my car only value rm2k saja.... it will easily go up to 100k if mod crazy wid a suck handling

Bump: not worth la... my car only value rm2k saja.... it will easily go up to 100k if mod crazy wid a suck handling

actually dunno how say to u..u spend so much money on the nearly 30 years old car...r u rich?? maybe in beginning u think jz convert engine is enough but later more n more...but i think u gt a lot fun on ur monster

im not rich. but i had "wet" my hair,hands and legs... and thats terrible

Bump: im not rich. but i had "wet" my hair,hands and legs... and thats terrible

Every racer sure got regret.....
but after regret...
you will be smart and clever next time before you modify your next step.. :biggrin:

Bump: Every racer sure got regret.....
but after regret...
you will be smart and clever next time before you modify your next step.. :biggrin:

i don't think modding a car is a bad thing if you spend on what you can afford.
just like any other hobbies which do not strain your relationships with wife/husband/mistress/mother/father is a good thing and appreciate of what you can do.. satisfaction is what you are buying actually... but by all means.. do it with what u can afford.
a rich man earning RM50k a week can mod his Proton Wira with 80k worth of goodies.. no problem rite?

any hobby no matter what if you spend on what u can't afford is doomed be it stamp collecting or playboy magazine collection.

My biggest regret is putting a supercharger in my Putra.

With the SC, the engine at normal idle speed was vibrating like mad & the power increase wasn't that great.

No wonder the guy promoting the SC had his idle speed at 1,500 rpm, so that he can mask the vibration at his higher idle speed, when he was making a sale pitch.

My biggest regret is putting a supercharger in my Putra.

With the SC, the engine at normal idle speed was vibrating like mad & the power increase wasn't that great.

No wonder the guy promoting the SC had his idle speed at 1,500 rpm, so that he can mask the vibration at his higher idle speed, when he was making a sale pitch.

bro... any hint what SC model you had with this experience???

aiyo sound so bad laa

The SC used was the old skool twin lobe design-Toyota SC14, instead of the new helical triple lobe design.

Because of the design, at idle the airflow into the engine is in pulses instead of a smooth flow, that is why the engine vibrate at low speed.

s/c not blow off valve like turbo?? den cannot breath air wen manifold vacum??

The SC used was the old skool twin lobe design-Toyota SC14, instead of the new helical triple lobe design.

Because of the design, at idle the airflow into the engine is in pulses instead of a smooth flow, that is why the engine vibrate at low speed.

So this means there are new helical triple lobe design to fit 4g93P?
Anyone here came across this?

agree with veilside
- now i'm playing with FC .... hahaha .... play small small things like stand alone n my lousy audio ....

I think Powerzone is using the helical triple lobe design.

It's easy to test, take a test drive in their demo car & see if it vibrate at idle.

i regret changing to 2inch piping for my stock wira...loose quite a bit my top speed..

Regret simply spent on mods and end up spending more correcting/perfecting it
Regret doing 1 and a time when can afford to do it 1 shot when the price is still cheap
Regret taking a mild cam but the hunger for more power is there
Regret that didn't really look into wear and tear items at the highest priority, now all 1 by 1 coming adi
Regret on the amount of money spent by counting 1 by 1

And the most ultimate regret of the regrets is to mod the car itself (proton Wira 1.6), should have just keep the money for investment~~if didn't mod, now in bank, sure nice nice numbers 1 :(

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom