What gauge meter should add for Mivec NA engine

cnxnet

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
Im choosing 2-3 gauge meter to make my car look nicer what meter should i choose?:driver:

Oil Temp
Oill Press
Water Temp
vacum
exhaust temp
a/f ratio

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Im choosing 2-3 gauge meter to make my car look nicer what meter should i choose?:driver:

Oil Temp
Oill Press
Water Temp
vacum
exhaust temp
a/f ratio
ur car already has water temp ,
get a oil pressure - to know if ur oil pump is functioning
vacum, a/f ratio

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
I installed oil temp, oil press and water temp for my mivec... water temp is quite useful as original meter is a bit retarded to the temp raise... by the time you notice the needle is sky high your engine might suffered from internal injury oredi... anyway... just my suggestion..

darkwizard

Jul 10, 2006
Kaching...
I installed oil temp, oil press and water temp for my mivec... water temp is quite useful as original meter is a bit retarded to the temp raise... by the time you notice the needle is sky high your engine might suffered from internal injury oredi... anyway... just my suggestion..
Its true...i use oil temp meter as water temp (connect to water temp sensor) and i found that the actual reading was higher than the one show on the OEM Mivec meter. The OEM one is not accurate.

My advice is to get a water temp meter (From a well know aftermarket maker) as an additional monitoring device to prevent overheated due to constant stop and go high rev acceleration in hot afternoon city.

P.S.: My normal water temp :
1. On hot afternoon city drive with aircond on drive normally is at 70 degree C.
2. Stuck at traffic jam is at 80 degree C.
3. Drag racing with stop and go in hot afternoon is at 95 degree C.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOg6yPwa3uM"

Last edited:

cnxnet

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
oil temp, oil press and water temp. i agree with that. By the way what is vacum for :stupid:

togefumi

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
most importance ,oil pressure bro.
i hv lost my mivec engine due to oil pump kong.
never realize it untill it to late........:banghead:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
oil temp, oil press and water temp. i agree with that. By the way what is vacum for :stupid:
vacuum gauge is to monitor engine health... it measures the intake manifold pressure.... actually not really important if ur engine is running fine... lolz...

togefumi

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
wahh 2k arr? never thought the OEM part cost that high, i wonder how performance pump cost....:hmmmm:

hawick

Known Member
Jun 27, 2005
D'sara / S'ban
Water temp
Oil Temp
Oil Pressure

Reading from aftermarket water temp gauge really different from original meter in term of accuracy. I dunno about Mitsubishi but my car's original meter will stay there from 45 to 90++ degree. By the time it move up, i think actual water temp is near to 100 degree, quite dangerous.

By the way, is oil temp raised together with water temp? Because now i only have water temp gauge, worry that oil temp will shoot up while water temp is still normal. Any idea?
(My water temp reading is 82 when running, and 92 when standing still after that)

Last edited:

cnxnet

Known Member
Mar 30, 2006
:congrats: Thanks for all the suggestion. I will go for water temp and oil press first.If new i will buy autogauge, cheap but nice . will also looking for branded used gauge like Defi,Hks, pivot or apexi.
where is the best place to put these gauge, look nice and people wont break your glass :hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

:banghead: Can anyone out there suggest ways to modify an underpowered Merz E-200 model W210 year 1998. Its manual transmission. I can feel its slightly underpowered when at standstill to climb a steep slope especially at traffic lights junction,
All suggestions on modifications, where & cost welcomed!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience