what brand of guitar to buy?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Mr. Noob

May 3, 2005
Im new to playing guitars but ive been playing my friends for a couple of years in hostel.. can any sifus recommend me a good brand with not too much to pay for..

tq

Mr. Noob

May 3, 2005
Im looking forward to having an acoustic or an electric guitar..

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
serious or not?

ibanez, fender, gibson for the serious players..

if not any brand is ok i think.. skill matters more for the the casual players..

if juz casual play, buying a high end guitar won't get u to play better..

Mr. Noob

May 3, 2005
Not serious i guess, im not doing it professionally..

give me suggestions on brands for the none serious class

Dougster

Known Member
Jul 17, 2004
Kay Elle...
members.cardomain.com
dude..

if its just for casual playing....go to bentley music in KL and go for the YAMAHA range of guitars...or any other shop that sells yamaha's.....look for the yamaha pacifica series....they are a bit old but their reliable and well priced....
Most of the pacifica guitars come with a tremolo bar, and if im not mistaken 4 pickups....more then enough for us average guitarists.....But if u can find a cheap Ibanez or fender...my advice, go for it..hahaha....oh and also the brand Squire has some decent ones and are decently priced too..happy shopping dude...

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
lozo said:
find craftsman or squier for electric guitar
If buying electric, try buying used, as long as the neck is fairly sraight, fret boards not too worned and the frets are still fairly tall ..its good. If you're lucky get a mid eighties Squier as they were made in Japan and the craftmanship is said to be better than the US Stratocasters!!!

Acustics are a bit difficult to choose from as they tend to sound different even from the same brand and range. You'll need someone with a good ear to pick a good one for you. However, I would spend a bit more on an acustic as those are the ones you tend to hang on as they sound better with age..:)

damienyum

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
planet drift...
.S K A G E E. said:
If buying electric, try buying used, as long as the neck is fairly sraight, fret boards not too worned and the frets are still fairly tall ..its good. If you're lucky get a mid eighties Squier as they were made in Japan and the craftmanship is said to be better than the US Stratocasters!!!

Acustics are a bit difficult to choose from as they tend to sound different even from the same brand and range. You'll need someone with a good ear to pick a good one for you. However, I would spend a bit more on an acustic as those are the ones you tend to hang on as they sound better with age..:)

wat skagee said is true............ spend more on acoustic better electric..............if u reallly tend to hang on acoustic will b d best choice ..............u jux need som good sound not distortion.............the cheapest musical instrument store in town is woh fatt........... rite opposite sinarkota............if u really wan to buy guitar pm me,i know some1 thr.......

greatharold

Known Member
Sep 1, 2004
Visit site
If you want, i have a ESP LTD M-102. Bought last year april. I'm willing to let go at RM2000 nego max, bought it for RM2800. Price includes the guitar, Kustom amp, thickly padded guitar bag and some little goodies for the guitar.

The guitar is metal black, reversed stock head and original floyd-rose bridge. Bass wood body, maple wood neck and rosewood fretboard.

wetwetwater

Known Member
Mar 9, 2004
Puchong
Visit site
try Cash Converter if you are planning on used ones. Bring a fren or 2 who knows fairly well about guitars. they have pretty much good buys. =)

howlingblues

Known Member
Aug 10, 2004
pj/ip
howlingblues.multiply.com
the cash converter that i know is at taman megah pj. But they are selling fender strats 1000+. not cheap oso. maybe can bargain somemore.

perhaps a brand new strats squier or rg epiphone is best for thrashing and practice.

kompak

500 RPM
May 28, 2005
Silver State
bro...
1000+ sure is not cheap...but compared to the new strats which is 2k or 3k more...
now which one is cheapest??
that price is considerable to the brand itself which is fender..

kompak

500 RPM
May 28, 2005
Silver State
any genre will do
most of it was dream theater coz john petrucci are using the 7 string rg series
but now john petrucci aren't using ibanez anymore since he's now being sponsored by musicman
y..u want to buy my guitar kaa?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Here a list of Dynos in Malaysia that I know of. If I missed out any or got the wrong info, pls fill it in k?

Klang Valley
N1, Sunway - Dynojet 4wd
GT AUto, Sunway - Dynojet 4wd
Millenium, SUnway - Dynamic
Amoil, Sunway - Dynotjet 4wd 2006 v.
Links, Sunway - HPI
Speedworks, PJ - Dyno Dynamic
RS, Puchong - Dastek
D Tuning, Sri Damansara - Dynojet 4wd
Redsun, Pandan Indah - Dynojet 2wd

Nilai
Aerotech - Dynojet 4wd

Johor
Speedwork - Dyno Dynamic
Viswork - Dastek
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience