Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

What a way to enter the Tiger Year...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

cybtech

Known Member
On new year's eve... car started to sound funny...
had a nice reunion dinner with family... near 10pm...
after sending fiancée home...
on my way back the car started to sound like motorboat "thuk....thuk...thuk..." loudly!:mad::mad::mad:
clutch acting funny.... drive the "motorboat" slowly home (luckly not far) :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Gone... no car during CNY for five days! stayed home... :bawling:
on fifth day got work... tupang... took 1/2 day emergency... call tow truck pull my baby to "hospital"
gave 2oranges to the truck guy also angpow...
at work shop... put my baby in ICU, too out the gear box, clutch.... OK ah... looks good... but wait...
Eii??? your crank shaft shacking..... die..... :bawling:
workshop said closed early... nvm continue tomorrow....

6th day (friday) lunch time go to workshop,
they just manage to take out the engine....
"ular" abit so that i can see they dismantle the engine...
one by one they took out... then...
WHAO..... (mech shouted) turn to the main mech and said you lost liao (an ex drifter also 4AGE screamer on AE86) i can't believe it... my crank shaft GONE :bawling:
broken in two pcs!!! (between cylinder 1 & 2 from clutch side)

been in shock for few days... figuring how did it break... still mingle in my head...
only till today i post it and share with fello 4AGE 20 BT buddies in ZTH...

now i'm pleading to other buddies have any lobang for Crankshaft and cylinder block to spare..:adore::adore::adore:
i'm in JB

bro.. did u rev it very kao kao ?

too bad to heard tat....

wah... u champion lah... u r the only one i know to have killed a 4a crank n block...

Heard it before on a friend's LE many yrs ago.Also the same spot cylinder 2 from flywheel.Weakspot of 4ag.Dont know whether crankshaft bearings failed first or flywheel imbalance.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Any broken flywheel bolts?

walauwehh???!!! sorry for u bro....how did it happen? ur engine oil dry or not? fuhh....

I only drive arround town area, high rev?? not passed 6500rpm mark....
Also tought bout 7a... more damage to pocket (just manage to get pass tru CNY lah)
Flywheel look good, no damanged bolts either... (just changed clutch and cover on 1st Jan 10)
Oil? maintained well, changed every 5000 on semi oil, ada kurang sikit but still ok...

I think 1JZ is right, at 1st the engine was a bit shaky @ 800-900rpm, but at 1100rpm above no issue. That was after i changed the clutch and ask the mech b4 CNY (early Feb), he said bring it over after CNY.... then exactly b4 CNY gone...

really i nvr seen a broken Crankshaft b4 even i check on the net, nvr/hvn't reported a 4age c/s broken!

Wa lao ee..........

Damn sad ..............just go drink tiger beer and wait to see if anyone got block or crank to help u.........cheers

Really shocking! I think you need to look for engine kosong as i suspect u need the conrods as well.
From they way i see it, it could be due to improper clutch installation which caused the crank to break into two. However, 6500 rpm for town driving is pretty wicked! I bet highways you'd be flooring it past 8000rpm! hehehe...

Btw, was it BT or SVT?

pcmoddingmy: bro, you know me... :biggrin: i admit is quite high for city... and it's great at highways :biggrin: but ofcourse not always lah... mine BT 6spd SEG 93...

I'm in JB Dan, i've mentioned above. my car is at Boostzone,

Just managed to found a donor for half BT engine (from Block till below) Thanks everyone for your PMs and help me to source the parts. Ya, gonna use all the parts piston, rods, and all (looks quite new)

Heard it before on a friend's LE many yrs ago.Also the same spot cylinder 2 from flywheel.Weakspot of 4ag.Dont know whether crankshaft bearings failed first or flywheel imbalance.

yup...heard few story related to this...
but that one the crank broken into 4 pieces !!!

it was human error, improper engine balance and lack workmanship...pity the owner...

very seriously damaged, sad........
but i got 1 unit engine block for sale..with the pistons and all the things..
and this block got a bit problem la, see u wanna buy anot, i juz letting u know as followings...
1. block abit calar
2. piston longgar abit up and downwards...( dunno is con rod or crank)
i'm not collecting money on this, but if u wanna give it a try, i can deliver the things to u by using lorry transport, and the transport fees ofcoz pay by u la..
i juz mintak minum saja...tat's all..

Last edited:
looks very seriously damaged, sad........
but i got 1 unit engine block for sale..with the pistons and all the things..
and this block got a bit problem la, see u wanna buy anot, i juz letting u know as followings...
1. block abit calar
2. piston longgar abit up and downwards...( dunno is con rod or crank)
i'm not collecting money on this, but if u wanna give it a try, i can deliver the things to u by using lorry transport, and the transport fees ofcoz pay by u la..
i juz mintak minum saja...tat's all..

uikkk...:rofl:

direct selling aaa...:smokin:

Top Bottom