Weird problem

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Cavey

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
Msia
Ok heres the scenario.I just changed my shocks to hotbits adjustable shocks.I'm drivin a bb4 prelude.everything was cool until 2 weeks after i fixed the shocks.I get a rattling sound at my left rear corner of the car.Its worse when i go over small bumps or uneven roads.Over a big bump there is slight noise.The link rod has been changed and all shock components are new.I took off the back seat and rear panelling so that the sound can be heard clearly.My mech checked and he said that there is no problem with the bushings and the shocks.He said could be that the body is cracked.Got ah such thing?Car was never involved in an accident and certified by puspakom and other mech that the car is not sambung one.My mech said this problem is common in protons.So wat do u guys think?Cant be my exhaust coz its on the right side and cant be the seat coz the noise still there even after i remove the seat and panelling.Its not even the speaker board coz i checked it and its firmly attached.I'm at my wits end coz the noise is very irritating and makes the car sound like its 20yrs or sth.Before i changed my shocks there was slight noise bcoz the left rear shock was leaking.After changing to the new ones got no noise until after two weeks later.Sound is very loaud and goes like 'kadak' 'kadak' 'kadak'. :frown:

Cavey

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
Msia
Wat i meant was is there such a problem whr the body cracks.I told my mech i've never heard of such thing and he said that this problem has occured in protons.So could possibly happen to my honda also

Cavey

Known Member
Jul 18, 2005
Msia
Got the car back.Mech failed to diagnose the problem.Dunno wat to do edi.Any suggestions?

Freedom_Blue

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
KUALA LUMPUR
Check ur lower arm or maybe excell if ur car is using 1 of thos.Try to change the shocks to another and try.Is best if u take it to a honda dealer.They know better

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear ZTH-ians,

I lost my car today, early today. I parked my car to my allocated car park in my apartment in Pudu, KL(Kenanga Point) last nite at 12.15am(Sunday morning). The car park is inside my apartment at level 2. This car park is guarded! but the guards all useless type. Totally useless.

When i woke up this afternoon to go out at 2.30pm. I was shocked that i didnt see my car there. only left my bro and his gf's car there. So, confirm it was stolen and i recall last nite was just a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience