Weird Problem With My Car

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
my car check engine light wont turn off....then car cannot start....even can start also straight away die off...it just die off like that...like u turn off ur key, not jerk until die...why ar...

if the check engine light turn off itself...then the car can start no problem....but sometimes it still die off in the middle of the road while accelerating...and the check engine light turns on agian...

i have let my mech check...he tested my battery...it shows 13.9V...he say the altenator is over charging it....well that might be the one of the problem...but he say there is no way the car will die off just becoz of battery over charged...eh still need to check and see....he then plug some device to check the ECU for error code....unfortunately the thing shows "NO ERROR CODE"'....and all the sensor seems functioning...

I realise my car now fuel consumption very high....RM50 only can do 400KM max...last time RM50 can do 480km~450km...

all sifus, is there any other possibilities that the above scenario will happen??
PLS HELP

another thing is i didnt do any engine modification recently....still driving mivec 1.6 stock

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
anyone? pls help :(

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Okie, the charging of ur battery at 13.9V is normal and won't cause any problems. The prob ur are having seems to point to a sensor problem. Try checking the connection for the Air Flow Sensor (AFS). It is connected just after the air filter and it takes the form of a black square plastic box with a wire harness connected to it. Unplug it, check the connector to see if its wet or dirty, then plug it back in again. Twitch it a little when u plug it back in...

speedking

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Originally posted by trex92@Apr 11 2005, 17:17
Okie, the charging of ur battery at 13.9V is normal and won't cause any problems. The prob ur are having seems to point to a sensor problem. Try checking the connection for the Air Flow Sensor (AFS). It is connected just after the air filter and it takes the form of a black square plastic box with a wire harness connected to it. Unplug it, check the connector to see if its wet or dirty, then plug it back in again. Twitch it a little when u plug it back in...
[snapback]887308[/snapback]​
no la bro...my car dun have af sensor...only map sensor...i have check it....still the same

anyone help!!!

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Last time i got almost the same problem as u...rev meter can suddenly drop during car travel and die off one...start the car then die off, no jerk...i was on the middle of road...so how?? high rev all the way back home...keep maintaining 3k rpm like that....finally got home <_<

Second day still the same...so play with the timing...tune high a bit...engine maintain a while more but still die off... :huh:

No choice..so go the mech...revved all the way to mechanic also :D ...then guess what....the engine didn;t die off already....the mech checked and said no problem also.. <_< WTF :angry: until now also no problem liao hmmmm :ph34r:

trex92

500 RPM
Aug 10, 2004
KL
Visit site
Originally posted by speedking@Apr 12 2005, 13:11

no la bro...my car dun have af sensor...only map sensor...i have check it....still the same

anyone help!!!
[snapback]889908[/snapback]​
okie, try this then, unplug the battery for ur car and leave it for 1 min so to that the ECU can reset.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I managed to capture this picture in a Golf 1.4 TSI earlier today and thought I would share it with the readers of Zerotohundred. More interesting is the fact that I'm in the process of testing and reviewing three different Volkswagen models; all of which employ the same 1.4 TSI twincharged powerplant. Stay tuned for more pictures, and reviews soon!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience