Vortex Generator

-storm-

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
Have u guys heard of vortex generator? i guess most of u guys will have seen it selling at accessories stores. As i know only lancer has it fitted. Will our cars benefit from it? It say to reduce drag and improve car's aerodynamic, its proven on an mitsu lancer evo but how about our cars?

Here's the photo of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR:

m1adam

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
i still think it is just an accessory 4 our cars coz our stock vehicle cant go at evo's speed so theres no way we can actually create a vortex

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
ahahaha!!!i thought only evo9 using this,now every where i go i can see ppl put this thing on their car.if my back gatal, i can use that thing to garu on my back.just kidding.no offence.

-storm-

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
:retarded: Mayb only works on higher speed!

Here is the explaination for this device :

Turbulators, etc:
In areas where the body transitions at a rate of more than 12 degrees, turbulator strips, vortex generators, diffusers, very short fairings or other devices can be used to "trip the airflow".
The idea is that areas like the transition between the roof and rear window on the average car creates a large vortex. Any large vortices effectively grab the car and try to hold it back as it tries to slip through the air. If the air that makes up the vortex can be "tripped" before it leaves the back of the car, it will make smaller vortices, which will have a smaller effect on the overall aerodynamics of the vehicle. Measurement of the effects of these devices at highway speeds has been difficult to obtain.

Quoted from: Car Aerodynamics 101

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i guess only got vr minor difference... must combo with rear wing/spoiler only can la... coz voltex generator guides the air flowing on top (roof) downwards towards the rear wing area.... without it, the air will circulate above the roof area, thus not fully utilising the rear wing/spoiler....

cHeMiCaL_

Known Member
Feb 11, 2005
they should sell it with an evo-rearwing combo pack lol..

looks nice on bimmers though..

bimmers with VGs these days? - you've got to be kidding me! :retarded:

m1adam

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
Bimmers is a fast car need to maintain stability i guess hahahahaha

DK_son

Known Member
Jan 14, 2007
most ppl use it just for decoration...but actually vortex on evo got function...downforce or air flow...proved by R&D

m1adam

Known Member
Feb 23, 2006
bt for me the design is nt acceptable 4 me i never liked the fins on the back of my ride

-storm-

Known Member
Aug 26, 2006
I think loan shark only uses it XD
Makes ur car look like shark

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
bimmers with VGs these days? - you've got to be kidding me! :retarded:
no kidding.. i saw a few (yeah.. a few only.. not ThAT much..) at where i live. heavily tinted + mini sharkfin, otherwise looks stock. 325i wor.. not 318.. maybe they change the badge also.. but if i change i change to M badge liau..

black paint, black windows, black fins, black tire.. er.. dun pray pray ar....

rim not black..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey guys,

Would you recommend anything to polish plastics ?
I used to use Meguairs PlastX but sadly, cant find em here.
Need help to polish some plastic stuffs. :( Thanx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience