Voltage stabilizers and ground kit..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

ammarmh

Dec 9, 2005
hey all zth..
newbie in ice here.. just asking..

do voltage stabilizers and grounding kit do any good to the quality of ur car audio? any brands in particular?

thanks

superknight

Jul 12, 2005
PJ
Don't know about audio quality after installing grounding cables and voltage stabiliser, but was told it makes minimal effect on torque and voltage savings to your car.
I would also like to know further on this subject. An acc outlet inside 1 Utama is currently having a promo for both this items.

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Get a 13plates battery, if can use Century or Yokohama. These 2 brands can last long and gives more power for car and ICE without much problem even grounding kit and voltage stabilizers not installed.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Kyheng and tron07 are correct. Get a good battery and alternator if your electrical system is no good. Otherwise a grounding kit and voltage stabilizer will help. You might wanna try out KHGuan's voltage stabilizer. It's value for money. Also C-Ground's Grounding Kit is value for money too. For the same price you pay elsewhere, u can get a 4gauge cable equivalent from C-ground. Just PM them.

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
erm...my HU display blinks whenever there's a bass thump on a certain song..does this mean i need a volt. stab. or i need a grounding kit?

btw..who's KHGuan?im interested in getting a volt. stab. :biggrin:

oldskolboyz

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, never face HU display blinking before if clock, head lamp that normal...U need bigger alternator can give 75amp (min.) & NS70/NS70L (65amp) battery or add Capacitor for Sub Amp maybe around 1.0 - 1.5 farad.. Normally add capacitor is the 2nd phase after change alternator... for battery not just 13plate but much check Amp also ... not worth if U buy 13plate with 45amp (NS60/NS60L)...

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Just a small guide to troubleshoot. off your HU and others like your head lamp, turn off your engine with key still on, then try to press your horn. If week sound comes out means your battery almost flat, then try to on the engine back and press again, if still week means your alternator almost time liao. Adding a capacitor will hekp abit only. So the best is get a good battery and alternator. Then the grounding.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
Fluffy said:
erm...my HU display blinks whenever there's a bass thump on a certain song..does this mean i need a volt. stab. or i need a grounding kit?

btw..who's KHGuan?im interested in getting a volt. stab. :biggrin:
this means your amp is sucking up more juice from the battery than the alternator can charge the battery.

adding a 1F cap might help, or changing to a larger battery if u havent done so. changing alternator is best but not an easy thing to do.

oyemakinen

Known Member
Jul 22, 2004
hu blinking

my hu used to blink when it plays in high volume.. and sometimes if i play too loud sound will go off.. and i have to off and on the hu.. but after adding an amp.. no more trouble plus i can play how loud i want.. maybe just that u cant stress ur hu so hard it is just a low or mid range hu.. mine is just a middle range hu.. an amp should be good..

about the grounding kit.. well in some magz.. they say it helps in coodination of the electric circuit.. and helps in performance and everything else in a very small amount i guess..

but a lil bit of help is better than none huh? and the price.. it is doesnt hurt.

cheers!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wah.. some people here actually dunno one of our DIY kings :D

Just send a msg to KHGUAN and tell him you are interested in a VS. Ask about the grounding kit too, both are offered at competitive prices and quality is top notch!

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
ah..okay okay..thanx fr the info guys..! :biggrin:

Izso- hahaha sorry la...dont really check out the DiY thread much.. :tongue: will try giving him a PM :biggrin: