Tyre prices

m a v [3] r i c k

9,000 RPM
Hi guys,
Need some info from you guys.
I need prices and location of the shop for these tyres :

205/45/16
Bridgestone MY-01
Hankook RS-2 (RM245 at Sunway but must give them your old tyres)
Hankook HRII (RM190 at Sunway)
Silverstone FTZ

195/55/15
Advan Neova AD-07
Hankook RS-2
Falken Azenis RT-215

Anyone can get better prices for these tyres please share infos. :_:

not sure exactly how much those tires cost bro.. but i noe klang tire shops are reasonably cheaper than any other shops in other places.. can go there n haf a check on de prices.. :regular_smile:

UpErNoVa,
yea thats what i heard also but i went to a shop in klang and their price is more expensive than sunway. and if its just cheaper by RM20/30 per tyre then theres no point going all the way there. petrol and toll itself is not cheap already. unless buying whole set of wheels + tyres :_:

bridgestone already announced price increase recently. maybe because of high material expenses. ya know.., getah pun naik harga now.

just changed a pair of goodyear tyres last week. 195/55/R15. used to be 140+ but now 158. they said new price revised but i noted the tyres were made in philiphines instead of our own country. i wonder where our local made goodyear tyres went - philliphines??

Last edited:
If tayar from Philiphine, then the manufacturer can say their tyres are "imported tyres". We oso very syok hearing the word "imported tyres". hahahaha

use brigdestone MY01.. i use damn kau sucks.... the side firewall is very soft.... take corner not really good

Hi guys.

I can say that there's a few reason for the tyres to be sold cheap at Klang area no doubt.

Do you all notice the production date moulded at the side wall of each tyre. Each and every tyre manufactured, will be moulded a specific week and year on it. For example 2505, means the tyre was manufactured some where in June 2005. A tyre must be used within 2 years after manufactured date, or will be hard and not as good as new. The is no fault in it, but the driving comfortability would'nt be as good as new.

Secondly, most of the performance tyres are imported, and due to this the tax are quite high. The Custom officers confiscated a lot these tyres, and when case are closed, they were sold to the public. Being nearest to the Port. The Klang owners have this advantage to purchase them in bulk and sell them to public.

These are the two reasons which i know why the tyres are cheaper in Klang.

cheers'

zan,
im confused myself cos for 1 model of a tyre, they can either be made in japan,thailand,philipines or etc etc. so heck, ima find a tyre thats value for money. screw the "made in XXXXX" :p

extrememech,
looking for a budget tyres lor...i dont really whack corner also :_:

space_cowboy,
ah...since u're a drifter, any connection to get tyres cheaper in klang?:_:

I'm using MY-01 215/45/17... so far not bad. It is a comfort tire anyway, so forget it if u plan to take corners like nobody's business.

I prefer my RE-711 though... too bad they discontinued it.

m a v [3] r i c k said:
zan,
im confused myself cos for 1 model of a tyre, they can either be made in japan,thailand,philipines or etc etc. so heck, ima find a tyre thats value for money. screw the "made in XXXXX" :p

value for money??

1. Kumho
2. Sime
3. Roadstone
4. Nankang

u choose...

hi..

mav3rick
i dun go to Klang to get my tyres. Furthermore, i dun use new tyre for my rear, as i tear it up in mere times.. as for my front tyres, i prefers Hankook RS2. Its cheap and last longer as well. The thread is similiar to AD07. Dunlop SP9000 is a good choice as well..

cheers'

I'm also intending to visit klang tmrw for the purchase of 4 new .. extremely cheap tyres.... my bro went there 2 months back and gotten himself bridgestone tyres for his accord, RM160 per/pcs .... is it cheap? i dunno which model lar.... i'm intending to get cheap cheap new tyres cos i intending to change my rims 1 year later, no point getting good brands when i'm moving from 16" to 17" or 18" later on... a few questions i hope sifus can help thou...

1. How much does Sime or Kumho tyres costs? cheapest ones.
2. 18" tyres very expensive? even for cheap brands?

I dont speed nor whack my car around... hence i dont see any point for good tyres.... what tyres lasts the longests?

Thanks :) oh... my car's a Audi A4 .. anyone knew what sort of tyres its using? all i know its 16" for the time being... hehehe real noob.. ..

call stephen 0166968391..he works at tyre shop at sunway...forget the name of the shop but not hup shun....ehehe..nice offer they can give...oso open on sunday...

zyfull,
Yea called him few days back. The price is only cheaper slightly if you give them your old tyres. Thats their terms and conditions. :_:

maverick
I think I know that shop, having a plan to drop by to check the rs2 but all my tyre crack at sidewalls so I think I have to pay more then the offer price.....
going to give em a call

anyone got price info for ad07 & es100 for 205/45/16 ?

jombiee said:
maverick
I think I know that shop, having a plan to drop by to check the rs2 but all my tyre crack at sidewalls so I think I have to pay more then the offer price.....
going to give em a call

anyone got price info for ad07 & es100 for 205/45/16 ?
i heard be4 at kedai papan klang can get cheaper for ad07 compare other shop...

Top Bottom