Toyota Recalls 470,000 Vehicles

MeraBoy

Feb 6, 2007

TOKYO (AFP) - Toyota Motor Corp. said Wednesday it was recalling more than 470,000 cars in Japan due to problems with the fuel and steering systems in the latest dent to the automaker's reputation for quality.

The Japanese auto giant will recall 277,074 passenger cars of eight models, including the Crown luxury sedan, produced in Japan between September 1999 and October 2004, the automaker said.

Toyota said the recall was aimed at exchanging parts used in the fuel control system and pipes, which may cause fuel leaks.

The company will also recall 120,406 cars of various models due to malfunction of fuel pumps, and 74,347 cars to change defective parts in the steering system.

Toyota said it had exported some 680 other cars with similar troubles to more than five countries, including Australia, South America and China.

The automaker is ready to exchange defective parts free of charge within the scope of regulations in each of those countries, a company spokesman said.

Toyota, which is on course to overtake US giant General Motors this year as the world's top selling automaker, announced several large recalls last year, prompting a renewed push by executives to resolve quality issues.

The Japanese automaker also recalled more than half a million pickup and sport utility vehicles in the United States in January of this year.

Toyota was last year instructed by Japan's transport ministry to improve its operations after local police alleged that the company knowingly failed to respond to a defect in a sports utility vehicle.

The automaker later submitted to the government a plan to improve its system for recalling defective vehicles following the rare official rebuke.

Source:
Toyota to recall 470,000 cars due to defective parts - Yahoo! News
Toyota Recalls 470,000 Vehicles-The Japan Corporate News Network (JCN)

benyeap

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Does it affect our recon AP Toyota cars? Should be many between 99 to 04. What's the models involved?

parawisata79

Known Member
Aug 14, 2006
no la.. lucky Malaysian made are not too bad..
better to recall back then doing nothing..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

What's up guys .. appreciate if y'all can give some advice for me. I'm driving a SGti.

My meter panel (stock) kong liao, 3 problem area :-

1. fuel indicator show "E" all the time .. kong.
2. temperature meter stuck at slighly below half all the time .. kong.
3. rpm meter will stuck at 3000-4000 rpm the moment i start the car, but idling is normal. But sometime after a long drive it will turn to normal reading .. then stuck at 4000 again, on and offf and it is driving me nuts ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience