Titan Suspensions Review

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by 3G's@Jul 21 2004, 03:52 PM
Waaaah!TOM already equip wth TITANS Eh....

ninja_iga:-

What's the set-up for TOM ah?What request?Test Tune for a little drifting or TOM
goin to test his E30 at some of the corners around D'sara route?

Syer a bit lah... :lol: hehe
he wants Mitsubishi Evo type-of-handling..

but with the EiBachs, it's quite limited, but with so much limitations, i'm relieved and happy that we made him grin all the way :P

for price lists for your cars,
pls refer to this link:

TiTAN's forum + all the general info you need

cheers!

Torment

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Jul 21 2004, 03:09 PM
it's not remote hard/soft.

To tune it, bring it back to us. We'll know what to do.

Remote hard/soft?
not in the near future.
if if if we do make it also, do expect at least 800+ bucks more. Just a ballpark figure. ;)
yes bring it back to titan for revalve, but at what cost? no offense stanley but titan cost as much as some branded absorbers which have damping adjustment already. allowing the owner to adjust damping make very much economic sense, allowing the owner to vary the "hardness" of his/her setup depending on purpose by just having one set of absorbers. e.g. a softer setting for street and a few clicks of the knob and voila! bone jarring ride for track day! :lol:

reliability wise, IMHO i think shouldn't be affected much as alot of branded jap suspensions are fully capable of standing up to the rigours and abuse of racing and still provide a multitude of damping adjustment. if TEIN can do it, i see no reason why TiTaN cannot.

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by Torment@Jul 22 2004, 02:05 PM

yes bring it back to titan for revalve, but at what cost? no offense stanley but titan cost as much as some branded absorbers which have damping adjustment already. allowing the owner to adjust damping make very much economic sense, allowing the owner to vary the "hardness" of his/her setup depending on purpose by just having one set of absorbers. e.g. a softer setting for street and a few clicks of the knob and voila! bone jarring ride for track day! :lol:

reliability wise, IMHO i think shouldn't be affected much as alot of branded jap suspensions are fully capable of standing up to the rigours and abuse of racing and still provide a multitude of damping adjustment. if TEIN can do it, i see no reason why TiTaN cannot.
hi Torment

for the first few times, it's free. After satisfactory setting is achieved, subsequent settings are RM300 each time for ALL 4.

actually,
having remote damping adjustablity is not as versatile as it sounds. It's merely a 'tap' like your water tap. Buka besar, oil flows more, hence softer. Tutup, no oil flow, hence hard(er)

but all of these is taking place in a pretty small hole, about 1mm in diameter!!

if you allow me to explain further,

soft/hard is help/assist compensate for what the valves can't achieve/ not time to achieve.
It's more of a convinience than a proper solution in the long run.
IF the damping is totally off, then twisting the knob to adjust wont do shit, as it's adjustment scopes are very limited range only.

so a better absorber design would be : valving adjustable, then fine-tuned by soft/hard.

but then comes practical issues: price. price for a Tein soft/hard cannot be compared to a TiTAN. WHY??

because the Teins used for comparision are :
twin tubes (cheaper to manufature)
not inverted
lower end product (although works good)
MASS produced by the hundreds or thousands for the general public.

you guys should put some brand's range to compare properly, such as RG's Motorsport range to compare with TiTANs

theirs are similar spec that's why i say pls pls use this as a comparision

RG's:
inverted MONOTUBE (very expensive to manufacture because of high precision)

top end model for brand
best possible seals used
usually custom-tune and built for you
low volume production (expensive costs!)

and these are not even soft/hard adjustables, and these are designed by an ex-Chief engineer for Bilsteins! (Rudy Grebe)

a Tein range with similar specs would cost maybe RM15k-17k (Putra)

Now That's a FAIR comparision.

Reliablity is also a big issue, if you don't know that. Because we 'twist' the knob every so often, the seals actually get microscopic scratches and this is one of main causes to leaks.
Don't touch it, and it's works fine for it's projected working lifespan.

PS. for TiTANs to have this 'adjustablity' built-in, it's cost maybe RM800-1000 per set of 4. And how many times do you really need to adjust the damping? :rolleyes:

joomba

Known Member
Mar 30, 2004
wah.. stanley.. ur explaination makes me wanna get titans lah.. ehehhe..

eh.. i saw in titan's website, the price for kembara is 2100 and cefiro is 3000.. correct ah?

can tune my kembara for street use? wanna make it into a pocket rocket.. lower a bit.. stiffer dampers.. no off-road..

juz an idea.. if it works out, i'll put titans! ;)

belilah barangan malaysia.. rite? ;)

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
I had a friend who used hwl on his evo for track and eneded up bending the cartridge at the end of the session... any possibility of his happening to your titans?

Torment

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Originally posted by ninja_iga+Jul 22 2004, 02:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ninja_iga @ Jul 22 2004, 02:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Torment@Jul 22 2004, 02:05 PM

hi Torment

for the first few times, it's free. After satisfactory setting is achieved, subsequent settings are RM300 each time for ALL 4.

actually,
having remote damping adjustablity is not as versatile as it sounds. It's merely a 'tap' like your water tap. Buka besar, oil flows more, hence softer. Tutup, no oil flow, hence hard(er)

but all of these is taking place in a pretty small hole, about 1mm in diameter!!

if you allow me to explain further,

soft/hard is help/assist compensate for what the valves can't achieve/ not time to achieve.
It's more of a convinience than a proper solution in the long run.
IF the damping is totally off, then twisting the knob to adjust wont do shit, as it's adjustment scopes are very limited range only.

so a better absorber design would be : valving adjustable, then fine-tuned by soft/hard.

but then comes practical issues: price. price for a Tein soft/hard cannot be compared to a TiTAN. WHY??

because the Teins used for comparision are :
twin tubes (cheaper to manufature)
not inverted
lower end product (although works good)
MASS produced by the hundreds or thousands for the general public.

you guys should put some brand's range to compare properly, such as RG's Motorsport range to compare with TiTANs

theirs are similar spec that's why i say pls pls use this as a comparision

RG's:
inverted MONOTUBE (very expensive to manufacture because of high precision)

top end model for brand
best possible seals used
usually custom-tune and built for you
low volume production (expensive costs!)

and these are not even soft/hard adjustables, and these are designed by an ex-Chief engineer for Bilsteins! (Rudy Grebe)

a Tein range with similar specs would cost maybe RM15k-17k (Putra)

Now That's a FAIR comparision.

Reliablity is also a big issue, if you don't know that. Because we 'twist' the knob every so often, the seals actually get microscopic scratches and this is one of main causes to leaks.
Don't touch it, and it's works fine for it's projected working lifespan.

PS. for TiTANs to have this 'adjustablity' built-in, it's cost maybe RM800-1000 per set of 4. And how many times do you really need to adjust the damping? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
thanks for the detailed explanation stanley. well i dunno wether it's a good habit or not, but i play around alot with the dampings on my suspensions. it let's me know my car better plus i get to experience with alot of different setups. for example i learn to handle understeer/oversteer by setting my sus to induce that. IMHO, i think height adjustables are the most troublesome as any little bit of change will need to do alignment again. waste of money and time not to mentioned aditional complexity and more parts = more weight, why make height adjustables but not damping? me feels it's over hype that's why. aside from ground clearance issues or off-road, there is no other major benefit of puting the car high right? so you just go as low as the suspension geometry allow or you like and that's it right?

Torment

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
buzz...buzzz....paging stanley..paging stanley....newbie looking for sifu here... :lol:

escaflowne

1,000 RPM
May 4, 2004
Visit site
yeah stanley...i am wondering. tom's car didn't fit with the coil over instead of that bigger thing with seperate spring absorber(i dunno how to call that one)...wat is the diff?? between coil over and tom's one.

all car can fit coil over front and rear???

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by midship@Jul 26 2004, 03:10 PM
I had a friend who used hwl on his evo for track and eneded up bending the cartridge at the end of the session... any possibility of his happening to your titans?
not a chance, unless an bang-up/accident..

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
[qoute]IMHO, i think height adjustables are the most troublesome as any little bit of change will need to do alignment again. waste of money and time not to mentioned aditional complexity and more parts = more weight, why make height adjustables but not damping? me feels it's over hype that's why. aside from ground clearance issues or off-road, there is no other major benefit of puting the car high right? so you just go as low as the suspension geometry allow or you like and that's it right?[/qoute]

haha
you've just made many valid points for my argument/explaination :lol:
it's not that easy to make the damping adjustable. A lot more parts, intricate and must be fool-proof, even Koni can't do that.
And we believe if the damping's off, the damping bloody off, no amount of know twisting will set it right.
Thus we tune the damping FOR you.
Height? it's free for our loyal customers! ;)

Height adjustments has its many benefits AND flexiblity..
springs do sag after a while, and it ALWAYS sag slightly different each corner.
So with this flexiblity, you just turn the seat collar up/ down to set the car back to neutral/balanced.
Height or rather, corner weights, are equally as important as damping.
And maybe sometimes you've just changed the rims and you need about 6-10mm clearance, so up the springs go, just like that, nothing to worry ;)

with fixed spring seats, so many bitch about how to raise/lower the car la, and almost ALWAYS screw-up.. :(
sorry, but that's the sad sad truth..

So, with this flexiblity, you can rest in peace that your shocks can be adjusted to be as corner weight balanced as possible, and damping rates are taken care by us ;)

cheers!

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by escaflowne@Jul 30 2004, 03:48 AM
yeah stanley...i am wondering. tom's car didn't fit with the coil over instead of that bigger thing with seperate spring absorber(i dunno how to call that one)...wat is the diff?? between coil over and tom's one.

all car can fit coil over front and rear???
Tom's E30 can't fit height-adjustable coilvers for one reason:
it can't fit, to his dismay..

the rims are way way too close for comfort, and no spring nor height ajustable collar can fit..

E30 M3's possible to have it coilovers, why? longer wishbones, wider fenders, and generally more space for the coilovers.

The rears are telescopic, because of packaging problems as well.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD

with fixed spring seats, so many bitch about how to raise/lower the car la, and almost ALWAYS screw-up..
sorry, but that's the sad sad truth..
Tell me about it, the last bugger who did my absobers put engine gasket to raise the height of the car (driver side always sag) when using GABs! :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The country’s oldest cycling event has Naza World, Chevrolet and Eftra Group as one of its main sponsors for the 2011 round that will be kicking off next week.

Jelajah 1Malaysia 2011 will begin on 8 March and will see the participating cyclists race to complete six stages over the course of six days. Naza Group of Companies has signed on as the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience