The Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 goes out in style

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

PoWeRz

Known Member
Dec 10, 2003
kl
Sure, the new Skyline GT-R R35 is right around the corner and the R34 has been out of production for almost a couple years, but why not do a special edition as a final salute? Nissan decided to do just that with a Nismo Z-tune version. But, uh, one problem - the car’s been out of production. So Nismo simply went around and bought up some used R34s, all with less than 20K on the clock. Kinda weird (you don’t see SVT buying up older F-150s to keep Lightning production going), but who cares when the end result yields 500 HP? And then there are the Brembo brakes, carbon-fiber body panels, and the $20,000 set of Sachs dampers. Edmunds drives it, but doesn’t let us know if it’s worth $160K. It seems to me that this would be a terribly amusing vehicle for longer autocross courses, as I’d finally get to extract some revenge on Evo and STi owners.

PoWeRz

Known Member
Dec 10, 2003
kl
Jump on the perfectly balanced six-piston monoblock Brembo brakes, and you'd better be ready for nearly 2G of deceleration.

Yes, that's a 9,000-rpm redline.

Its twin-turbo 2.8-liter turbocharged straight-six cranks out 500 hp at 6,800 rpm and 398 lb-ft at 5,200 rpm.

The Z-tune uses a titanium exhaust system and includes coolers for the various differentials. Note also the aircraft-style fittings for the fuel system.

Wheels are 18-inch diameter LM GT4 GT500 rims made by Rays and wrapped in Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R tires.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all, just sharing my humble work. This Mercedes CLK200 has been Meguiarized, Duraglossed and GTechniqazised. The car has obviously been polished by the dealer as the paintwork was slick and looking pretty glossy upon arrival! Looks can be deceiving, let’s wash the car first and we shall see. Upon arrival,
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience