The Millens get ready for Pikes Peak w/video

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Preprarations for Pikes Peak is hitting top gear as the Dacia team and Paul Dallenbach have shown. One of the other big names in the Unlimited class is none other than Rhys Millen, who will be returning in his Hyundai Genesis RMR PM580 to try and shatter the 10 minute barrier.

Last year was the debut for the specially-prepared PM580 and the setup wasn’t fully dialed in. That was glaringly obvious a Millen pointed out he was struggling to control the car. He even spun out during the timed run, all but ending his chances at breaking the magical 10 minute mark.

This time around, the car has had all its bugs worked out and the car is looking great. There was a slight problem during testing though with the paddle shifter and the team finally decided to switch to an old fashioned manual shifter stalk to swap the cogs of the sequential gearbox. From there on it was smooth sailing as Rhys confirmed the car was performing as it should and was brilliant to drive.

More importantly though, the senior Millen will be making a comeback to Pikes peak this year. Rhys’ dad, Rod Millen, the Pikes Peak record holder until a few years back, will be making a return to Pikes Peak after 11 years of being away.

He will be piloting Rhys’ Formula Drift Hyundai Genesis Coupe that has been retuned for a hill climb challenge.

As you’ll see from the video, both Millens are shaping up well for the challenge and Rod definitely still has it. They are Millens after all.

<object width="640" height="390">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DRDbW98wLiA&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Source: YouTube

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

My cars alternator IC is dying and so now I'm sourcing for a suitable replacement. Can anyone advise what's a good alternator brand to buy? What ampere?

Stock is 70A, some have recommended getting the 90A one but I have no idea what car uses 90A. Would this be the Perdana one? Plug and play into Wira?

Any brands, suggestions, ideas would be appreciated.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience