The CR-Z is here - First ever 6-speed manual Hybrid and it's a Honda

nightdrifter

Known Member
Aug 10, 2009
sban
any idea if order now, when can get car?
the 6 speed gearbox so tempting @@

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

does it come only in white? i thought red or black would look nicer too.
heard that, maybe later got other color, and also CVT version coming on board but maybe next year at 2012

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
Maybe not powerful out-of-the-box......But the Americans have already Supercharged, Turbocharged & K20'ed it.....so take your pick...:biggrin:

gershom86

Aug 19, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
What a ridiculous statement that who cares if you can get a civic for that price, I totally understand the function of a coupe, but saying that there's two more redundant doors?

Quote: neo8255

family man wont buy (much more choices with spacious car)
speed junkie wont buy (all show, no go)
chicks wont buy (most of the chicks prefer auto)
fresh graduate wont buy (becoz this is their 1st car)
old man wont buy this (not worth the price)

That's a proper analogy, I guess the buyers would have to be a CRX enthusiast or a new CR-Z fan and what it stands for being the the world's first sports hybrid. But if you compare it's mpg to the insight or prius it's actually quite far apart, and if you compare horsepower to some other cars well. Nonetheless, it's definitely good news as its the beginning of a new era, where many other car makers will follow suit and therefore better improvement of the sports hybrid cars. Bigger lighter batteries, more power output than just 13 bhp perhaps 50 in the future, hence lesser fuel consumption? Who knows.

wilm3

500 RPM
Aug 4, 2005
KL
wow!...good ! 6 speeder...yeah!

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
What a ridiculous statement that who cares if you can get a civic for that price, I totally understand the function of a coupe, but saying that there's two more redundant doors?

Quote: neo8255

family man wont buy (much more choices with spacious car)
speed junkie wont buy (all show, no go)
chicks wont buy (most of the chicks prefer auto)
fresh graduate wont buy (becoz this is their 1st car)
old man wont buy this (not worth the price)

That's a proper analogy, I guess the buyers would have to be a CRX enthusiast or a new CR-Z fan and what it stands for being the the world's first sports hybrid. But if you compare it's mpg to the insight or prius it's actually quite far apart, and if you compare horsepower to some other cars well. Nonetheless, it's definitely good news as its the beginning of a new era, where many other car makers will follow suit and therefore better improvement of the sports hybrid cars. Bigger lighter batteries, more power output than just 13 bhp perhaps 50 in the future, hence lesser fuel consumption? Who knows.
gershom86, just to lighten things up, that statement was a figure of speech

tkk

1,000 RPM
Jan 7, 2004
Booked today only can get either Jan or Feb...,anyway, only white color available for now... I plan tO get black but Hv to wait lOnger

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
you don't want to see the zoomed image of this picture blackhowling

tkk

1,000 RPM
Jan 7, 2004
did they mentioned u'll be getting car manufactured in 2011 or 2012?

if deliver on Jan then is 2011 manufactured according from SA is 2nd batch to deliver to MY... 3rd batch will deliver on Feb but not necessary is 2012 manufactured...

for those want to take 2012 car then will need to wait till march

pcmoddingmy

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
www.pcmoddingmy.com
Good write up!
Quick question: Is the 6 speed box equipped with LSD?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
the inside looks HORRIBLE! as usual useless HONDA once again FUMBLES!
Lol... Why so emotional? Not bad ah...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Petrol prices hit the much-dreaded US $100 mark yesterday. This is for the price of crude oil futures for deliveries in February and marks a new all-time high for the cost of crude oil. No doubt, it has been close to US $100 a barrel a couple of times in the past few months, so passing the $100 level for the first time does not really change anything overnight considering the fact that it stayed that...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience