subaru info needed..

viosqtd8820

Known Member
planning to get SUBARU IMPREZA ver9 or 8 next year or this year.. but before this i need some info about this little monster. lol

1st : where to service subaru in Bintulu ? or anyplace near bintulu people know to repair / service subaru ?

2nd : i have read around the forum ... they Said Part are slightly cheaper than evo ? also cause less problem ? well i donno i am totally noob in this

3rd : the interior is that big enougg for 5 adult person . or evo 8 are bigger ?

4th : any tips on buying a subaru ?

5th : how about the FC 1 tank how much rm ? and can goes about how many km ( just normal driving)

well i need a family car but i need performance.. so i guess no doubt only either Impreza or evo. and i not really fancy about SUV , MPV .just like small saloon car..

any reply in this will be higly appreciated

1st : where to service subaru in Bintulu ? or anyplace near bintulu people know to repair / service subaru ?
** not sure bout that....

2nd : i have read around the forum ... they Said Part are slightly cheaper than evo ? also cause less problem ? well i donno i am totally noob in this
** yes its true..another forumer told me this...i was shocked when i heard how much the parts costs...much more cheaper than evo...but i cannot reveal his name yet.

3rd : the interior is that big enougg for 5 adult person . or evo 8 are bigger ?
** about the same size....

** just ensure its not an accident car.

5th : how about the FC 1 tank how much rm ? and can goes about how many km ( just normal driving)
** depends on your right foot hehe

well i need a family car but i need performance.. so i guess no doubt only either Impreza or evo. and i not really fancy about SUV , MPV .just like small saloon car..

bintulu i not sure..i can ask for u...but basically serviving is easy if u bring all the parts to them. i do supply those

parts pricing about the same, problems almost same one la....

if u ask me 5 adults to carry all the time, it can fit but less comfortable.. evo 8 or subaru interior about same one la. u can consider forester SG9 for performance n comfort. price range about the same. very powerful n stylish mpv

check vin plate, chassis, year of manufacturer.

FC is acceptable. what car u r driving now? so easy for me to compare for u

planning to get SUBARU IMPREZA ver9 or 8 next year or this year.. but before this i need some info about this little monster. lol
- I also about to buy the ver8, now still searching and gathering some information and review.

- Bintulu, i not sure. But I heard there are a place in Miri

- As I heard from friend, subaru forumer, and evo forumer. Found that part are slightly cheaper especially the halfcut, and subaru has less problem. Evo 7-9 is active yaw control are serious problem, that why alot of people selling it.

- Evo leg room are slightly bigger, but Evo has cheap feeling in interior design. Impreza has more luxury feel.

- 1st start the engine would know the boxer engine problem. The important is vin number, please check carefully before buy. Alot of con there.

- My friend did it around 27 sen per km on highway, 30 sen per km on city road. But he is using Ron97.

bro, pay xtra attention during test drive on any abnormal sound at the tranny.....wrx tranny known to give a bit of headache compared to the sti bullet proof tranny.

fuel consumption.....dont aspect much.

satisfaction....money cannot buy.

Digging old thread... Guys, I wanna go and checkout some Imprezas V9/V10 at some car dealers... anybody can accompany me to check what I need to check?

Just helping out, maybe other bros here can help you put better insights

1. Version 9 STI should be GDBF (year make 2005) or GDBG (year make 2006).
- How to check? Cross check the VIN plate (especially the chassis number portion) against the firewall for validity. And the VIN provides the info over the model type as mentioned (Applied Model, Engine Type, Option Code and etc etc)

- Alternatively, you can get the details of model designations and its VIN identification appiles to the model from
Subaru GD/GG impreza WRX STi/WRX/wagon model code information : J's Garage Export - importing jdm cars and parts from Japan
**(Applies only from V7 to V9)

2. Version 10 STI should be GRB (Checking the VIN should be the same i guess)
Just for note:
GRB - chassis code is WRX STi hatchback with 2.0L Boxer Turbo engine and 6-speed manual transmission
** JDM model comes 2.0L for STI H/back 6 speeder
GRF - chassis code is WRX STi hatchback with 2.5L Boxer Turbo engine and 5-speed auto transmission

3. In some cases, you may be able to check what is the car year of make by checking the seatbelt tag (on the bottom end, if the dealer did not have removed it by cutting the date tag)

4. If model is registered, insist to check over the full documentations including the AP, registration card (infos like number of owners whom owned the ride previously for instance). But then, If you want further clarity, personally make a good check with JPJ and Puspakom over the vehicle's validity and legality, this should be the best suggested option.

On the vehicle's engine, transmission, exterior and interior lookout and checks, i would believe other bros here maybe able to further help you out...

Happy hunting!!:driver:

Last edited:
All the spec-c have lighter body with thinner glass, engine is redesign for better cooling n reliability, spec-c is a track ready street car.

Shyte, and I'm looking for a sports car that can be used to haul family balik kampung...

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

12litre tank also rite?

Go for a stock sti, as spec-c hav stiffer spring rate. V10 is more refine n comfort compare to pre model.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom