Strange problem on SVT

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Have you all heard this kind of problem?

When stepping on the accelerator during idling,the rpm goes down a little and then only it will rise,but sometimes the problem didnt exists..sometimes it does,me pening already,my friend svt also got this type of problem,but only during cold engine temp according to him.My svt,dont care whether cold or hot,it goes on and off 'sesuka hati'..the effect is,during take off feels like stalling,and during shifting got choking,hesitation..it is like the fuel have been cut for a second,and return back

Could it be the TPS,or the throttle body need cleaning,or vacuum..or totally something else..Sifoo please help

Thanks

AFM problem maybe...try to use other AFM working AFM...n see how's the result
heeee...experienced it b4...

yup check ur AFM and see .. also check to ensure your TPS is within the stock range

try to adjust ur throttle sensor too, it might help. sign like it the pump map setting is too rich with juz little throttle opened. so retard abit ur throttle sensor, and try

Ok thanks..will try to find another AFM for checking,can it be a wiring problem?

My TPS resistance and voltage are all within stock ranges but will check again for certainty.

Thanks

try the AFM first...
some say that never touch the TPS...unless it's confirm faulty...

Good Luck...

Dear all sifu's, how to check the TPS resistance and voltage ar? Need to use what tool ar?

Ok..update...i have switch AFM with my friend car,i still got the same problem...i put my AFM into his car...does not have that problem...so it is now confirmed that it is not AFM problem..must be something else..so any new ideas:regular_smile:

Hitz..to check TPS resistance you need a digital multimeter,and 4ag 20v manual,or TPS resistance spec...and a feeler gauge..thats all

Then u have to consider the fact that your Four Throttle is not in a very good shape. Most probably due to some sort of vacuum leak or blockage which is quite common. The only solution is to have the ITB serviced if you have not done so.

TPS misalignment will not cause erratic idling, instead you will get poor throttle response if TPS is out of sync.

That is a sign of a clogg ITB and ISCV.
Give it a good service and you will be able to get rid of those problems.
TPS misalignment will only affect your throttle response.
AFM is a tough item. It will not give you any problem unless you open it up and trying to change its setting.

Datuk EFN is doing ITB/ISCV service at a very good price.
Just give him a call and you will have a good sleep at night.
I heard he accept credit card lately...

yeahhh Mr EFN can do ITB servicing...

check ur AFM..first.if still got problem call some sifus here.!

good luck!

levin818 said:
Datuk EFN is doing ITB/ISCV service at a very good price.
Just give him a call and you will have a good sleep at night.
I heard he accept credit card lately...

accept credit card arrrr......hehehe....my engine (SVT) idling also is not good enough....need help from sifu EFN....but kene turun KL le plak...

chinozie said:
AFM problem maybe...try to use other AFM working AFM...n see how's the result
heeee...experienced it b4...

Hi chinozie, AFM very stable one.... never gives "weird" or intermitent problems.

When AFM got problems, means got problems, use DMM measure can "CONFIRM" immediately.

AFM, very direct / straight honest kind of guy. No hiding hiding. :)

EFN said:
Then u have to consider the fact that your Four Throttle is not in a very good shape. Most probably due to some sort of vacuum leak or blockage which is quite common. The only solution is to have the ITB serviced if you have not done so.

TPS misalignment will not cause erratic idling, instead you will get poor throttle response if TPS is out of sync.

Yes I agree totally, we have played with AFM and TPS a hell. These things don't give intermitent problems. Please help spread the word as such and not the other way around.

Acoustic said:
Hi chinozie, AFM very stable one.... never gives "weird" or intermitent problems.

When AFM got problems, means got problems, use DMM measure can "CONFIRM" immediately.

AFM, very direct / straight honest kind of guy. No hiding hiding. :)

really aaa...
is it...really my AFM was faulty...
or i kena tipu:shocked: :shocked:

The strange thing is,my fren svt have this problem only during cold engine temp..after warm up to normal temp..problem gone,no rpm falling...but mine...still got..even worse when sometime i change gear (lift throttle and re-open throttle),the engine like die for a second and alive again,hence the choking,hesitation..pening woo..but not all the time happen like that...sometime only...the rpm falling also sometime only...let say60% it will likely to happen like that

Dear all sifu's, i got the DMM device but don't know how to check. Can any sifu provide some guideline pls.. .. Arigato.. ..

Top Bottom