Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Stellar USA

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

SanTa_Clause

Known Member
Stellar USA..Any one using?comments?

Anyone ever heard of stellar audio...made in usa?

Last edited:
made in malaysia lah

I think Stellar is made in Korea and they are considered just slightly better than ciplak.

hmm....anyone using these products?experience? my friend say its better than jbl..and even soundstream...comments?

you are tailking about amp? speakers? or what? everyone has their favourite brands. So you always hear brand A is better than brand B or brand X. Its always up to preferences.

Yes, agreed.
Listen for yourself and then decide which equipment suits you more.
Afterall, you are paying for what you are going to listen.
I suggest go attend some ICE TTs to get yourself acquainted.

Stellar

I'm using amp SD 2200F and speaker .SD-6.9TX
Ok la. No prob at all.
No pecah sound or any stupid thing happend.
Bu the price a bit more la.
coz last week I just change my pioneer 200w to SD-6.9TX. Coz me RM 380.00 for SD-6.9TX.

Last edited:
me myself using stellar front comp 5'
not bad lor
considering the price....
350 nia...
tweeters not too harsh....
just the mid lack of kick bass

appleyard said:
you are tailking about amp? speakers? or what? everyone has their favourite brands. So you always hear brand A is better than brand B or brand X. Its always up to preferences.

u r right bro. these days..its hard to rely on just names/brands. i've heard of new brands but with good qualities and nice price as well. so, be wise =)

ICE is abt personal preference, if you listen and like it...trust yoru ears....dont buy for the sake of people saying it sounds nice, nor for reviews you read...those should be secondary...

:)

yup....
others opinion is just merely a reference..
ur year is the final judgement

btw..mine was bought at somewhere in puchong perdana and installed at the same place

No where comparable to Soundstream or JBL & 100% made in Balakong, Selangor btw. hehe. Reputable brands still does make a lot of difference compared to these B grade stuffs, but providing you get the right installers to do it, chances are you'll sometimes get better results with these normal brands. Things are never the same when even branding comes as an issue. Would you use ForYou head unit against an Eclipse? There is absolutely no comparing. Stellar is a so - so brand imho. They made it thru our market widely because of this trend of fully loaded demo vans touring around Malaysia blasting. Loud no doubt. 12 - 18 subs + a kajillion of mids & tweets. Try to picture a van fully loaded with a dozen of Soundstream Tarantula subs & highs, if you've heard the quality of Stellar & Soundstream, you'd know what I'm talking abt. Cheers.

I know ive heard their sound....to me its damn good already....the question is n the reason i posted this thread is...what other setup sounds better than that..whut other brand sounds better than that...im doing my R&D before buying them...i know its about preference.see i prefer that kinda sound but i have never heard the expensive hi end models soundslike.Or maybe there are better poducts gives more value for money...i know too little..so i need lots of opinion and expiriences from other people

santa_clause : Alan poisoned you already? :D Haha.. hey, look at my humble rojak setup :

HU : Clarion DXZ646MP
Amps : JBL 300.1 Monoblock, 'El Cheapo' Epsilon 2-channel
Front speakers : Soundstream Picasso 6.5, Alpine 4" coaxials
Back speakers : Clarion 6.5"
Sub woofer : 12" Blaupunkt Velocity VCS 1200 (Sealed box)

In all honesty it's not too bad, but not fabulous. I get a lot of distortion when it's set to be a little loud especially on the higher frequencies. A lot of the hissing.. very annoying. So I tested the Alpine Type-S comp set and found they are better and don't have that annoying sound I'm talking about. The Epsilon amp cost me RM50 only and its giving me a little.. very little bit of aeroplane noise. I'm gonna change to a Helix Dark Blue sometime later. I've heard this amp for myself and the diff is very big. Good shit I tell you.

So don't really stick to one brand and say it's good. Go audit other ppl's cars systems and decide what you like and buy those parts and match them properly. You'll be happy after that.

Oh btw, my whole set didn't cost me much. Only the HU costed a bit, about RM890. The rest cost about RM1000+ a little. If you're talking entry level, then it's ok la.

On your distortion on loud volume and hissing, I suggest you go check whether your amp gain is being set too high.

Hello dude,

Yeah me using stellar amp and comp 5"

I must say the sound is not bad but need ur help on setting.
my left speaker is actually louader if compare to my right?

My current setting is

Stellar amp (2channel)

from amp to the comp speaker, nothing else

pisces23 said:
On your distortion on loud volume and hissing, I suggest you go check whether your amp gain is being set too high.

Unker, how come nowadays you got a 23 in front of your nick? When you free to help me wif tuning? :D I belanja nasi lemak ayam goreng and teh ais :D

santa,
wats ur budget?

Top Bottom