sq amp to drive focal utopia

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

amirrizwan

Feb 3, 2006
hi. i got this offer from a shop in damansara damai.

focal utopia 165w
audio system F2>190

including installation and cables would be RM3.5K.
is audio system a good brand? and is the price okay?

i heard the system in his car and it was mindblowing. the bass sounded like it came from a woofer. utopia clearly is one of the finest comps ive heard.

how does audio system compare to steg? is it an sq amp? thanks.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
audio system is steg's entry level brand, like adik & abang. since youre using the top of the line speaker, must go for the steg la :shades_smile: 105.4 would be great

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
I am using Audio System 560. Great amp. I just like the warm output.
mix well with focal.
Like zenn said, if can stress a bit, go for steg...
or try to go for a 4 channel AS, cos it give u the flexibility to go active in near future.

Last edited:

amirrizwan

Feb 3, 2006
any idea how much the steg and audiosystem 4 channel would cost?

the f2>190 already sounds sweet enuff for me. the guy is selling it for 1.4K

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
depending on which models la 2-3k

amirrizwan

Feb 3, 2006
between alpine spx-177r, focal polykevlar 165k and focal polyglass 165v, which one would u recommend me buying? i can get them all around 1K++. and maybe a bit more for the polykevlar. in terms of quality how do they stand out? i would rather spend for less if the step up in quality isnt that great. ive only heard the utopias and im sure the choices above are lower than the utopia. just feel 2.8k for comps is a bit too high for me.

fathi

Known Member
Sep 21, 2005
malacca
amirrizwan said:
between alpine spx-177r, focal polykevlar 165k and focal polyglass 165v, which one would u recommend me buying? i can get them all around 1K++. and maybe a bit more for the polykevlar. in terms of quality how do they stand out? i would rather spend for less if the step up in quality isnt that great. ive only heard the utopias and im sure the choices above are lower than the utopia. just feel 2.8k for comps is a bit too high for me.
If I were you i choose the focal. that is because I am focal fan

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
amirrizwan said:
Top up a bit more, hunt arround, i think you can get a set of 2nd hand Focal K2P. Compare K2P with other focal, I would say the SQ Gap is HUGE. worth saving a bit more for better SQ, my 2 cents

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
if u choose focal make sure u have a warm type amp so the tweeter wont sound too sharp, unless u like it sharp lah, then its ok...

amirrizwan

Feb 3, 2006
warm type amp = high end amp = expensive amp? is that rite?
how do i get 2nd hand focals anyway? cant see that many ppl selling them. even ebay only sells polyglass and and polykevlar. altho 1 guy does want to sell me a brand new utopia beryllium for USD 1100. huhu. :) after i buy that, just eat pasir for 3 months.

devil

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
amirrizwan said:
warm type amp = high end amp = expensive amp? is that rite?
Well, There are cost effective 4 channels amp available below 2.5K region. AS is one of them. Happy hunting ....

A Post Every 5 Mins

Hi guys IM a newbie in this stuff ,I need help frm all d sifu out dr bout upgrading ECU 4 my standard 1.8 putra engine!Does it make any different dn standard 1?Wats D DIFFERENTS?acc 2 brand if can !10q
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience