Some Engine Knocking ?

Sayko

Jul 24, 2014
Turkiye
hi all

My car is Mazda Lantis 1.8 - 1997...
İ have some engine knocking when the car in idle. When i drive fast, there is no any knocking.
i guess it comes from distributor. But when i turn Benzin Fuel, i dont feel the knock. but not work like a diesel engine, just some knock.

engine make knock when i turn LPG i get some knock. i think cooling device in the distributor cant cool the distributor. but today i feel the same knocking when the engine cool.

i just changed ignition plug and plug cable, What do you think about it?

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
hi all

My car is Mazda Lantis 1.8 - 1997...
İ have some engine knocking when the car in idle. When i drive fast, there is no any knocking.
i guess it comes from distributor. But when i turn Benzin Fuel, i dont feel the knock. but not work like a diesel engine, just some knock.

engine make knock when i turn LPG i get some knock. i think cooling device in the distributor cant cool the distributor. but today i feel the same knocking when the engine cool.

i just changed ignition plug and plug cable, What do you think about it?

You may refer here:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...-knocking-pinging-really-bad-or-harmless.html

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I don't understand.

"But when i turn Benzin Fuel, i dont feel the knock"
"engine make knock when i turn LPG i get some knock"

What do you mean by 'turn'? And where did you find benzene fuel? Your Lantis is LPG converted?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I don't understand.

"But when i turn Benzin Fuel, i dont feel the knock"
"engine make knock when i turn LPG i get some knock"

What do you mean by 'turn'? And where did you find benzene fuel? Your Lantis is LPG converted?
Benzene is additive to petrol after lead was taken off.....

From Wiki....
Component of gasoline
As a gasoline (petrol) additive, benzene increases the octane rating and reduces knocking. As a consequence, gasoline often contained several percent benzene before the 1950s, when tetraethyl lead replaced it as the most widely used antiknock additive. With the global phaseout of leaded gasoline, benzene has made a comeback as a gasoline additive in some nations.

Probably that is why when use petrol no knock but use LPG got knock....:hmmmm:

Sayko

Jul 24, 2014
Turkiye
Yes, LPG converted. i use double fuel in my car. But in LPG, makes some knock in idle. but no problem in petrol.

in lpg, there is some misfire until the car accelerate. my technician find out i hope. i will write the result

" Probably that is why when use petrol no knock but use LPG got knock...." yes, Exactly

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes, LPG converted. i use double fuel in my car. But in LPG, makes some knock in idle. but no problem in petrol.

in lpg, there is some misfire until the car accelerate. my technician find out i hope. i will write the result

" Probably that is why when use petrol no knock but use LPG got knock...." yes, Exactly
When tuning the engine for both petrol and LPG, it has to be done correctly

Sayko

Jul 24, 2014
Turkiye
When tuning the engine for both petrol and LPG, it has to be done correctly
they set correctly, and error not found in lpg system. my technician doubt about Distributor.

Sayko

Jul 24, 2014
Turkiye
i met my techinican and maybe problem is front rubber mounting.
and i found some problem like my knocking. my searching in google. every knocking may not from throttle body or lpg or and so on... maybe include rubber mounting also. we find out i hope. we will try tomorrow.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i met my techinican and maybe problem is front rubber mounting.
and i found some problem like my knocking. my searching in google. every knocking may not from throttle body or lpg or and so on... maybe include rubber mounting also. we find out i hope. we will try tomorrow.
That is not called engine knocking then. More to Engine compartment got knocking sound.
Engine knocking is pinging or pinking where the air/fuel mixture combustion ignite before full compression stroke

Sayko

Jul 24, 2014
Turkiye
That is not called engine knocking then. More to Engine compartment got knocking sound.
Engine knocking is pinging or pinking where the air/fuel mixture combustion ignite before full compression stroke
Yes, you are right, i meant vibration. not sound. i 'll go to my technician tuning shop and try... i will notify about it mate...

Sayko

Jul 24, 2014
Turkiye
we tried plugs and cables. nothing changed. we will try ignition distributor soon. but if the distributor problem, car never start. (my techician says)

i thhink, LPg is problem. lpg cant fix with the car. if its, i will give it back.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A rather dismal images of what seems to be the shop floor of a spark plug manufacturing operation in China.

To be clear, there is very little in the way of information to color what we’re seeing in these images, but the overall picture is one of rather scary working conditions. Cramped workbenches, metal shavings in every corner of the room, as well as what looks like up close and personal handling...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience