so who is going Super GT this year?

hayashi86

Apr 9, 2006
maybe it's a good thing when other organization takes over the responsibility of promoting and handling superGT events... anyhow, i really hope superGT can continue in Malaysia!

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
Cancel all event... we line up at the Sepang Circuit straight in 2 lines across the track... u jentik my telur.. i jentik yours... make Guiness world of record for the longest line in jentik telur in the world..but gotta be quick la.. else jentik until pecah

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If they say they have too many to handle such as S1K, F1, MME Endurance Race and etc...

just cancel those that are not earning much profit la...I think Super GT is one of the main events that attract a lot of fans and car enthusiast...dunno why they choose to stop Super GT if no one is gonna take over the event.

Well, I too hope Super GT will be continued next year and years to come. Is just wasted to stop it. Hope some other organisations will take over and make it one of the best event as it is.

- D i a b l o -

500 RPM
Sep 27, 2005
Shah Alam
bosstrain.blogspot.com
Cancel all event... we line up at the Sepang Circuit straight in 2 lines across the track... u jentik my telur.. i jentik yours... make Guiness world of record for the longest line in jentik telur in the world..but gotta be quick la.. else jentik until pecah
sama sama together everybody 1 jari 1 telur 1 jentik..1 Malaysia..wakakakak MALAYSIA BOLEH

*run

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Aiya....cancel off F1 sure a lot of time to do other events. Since is F1 that need to do the most promotions...

celciuz

Apr 22, 2006
Sad, really hoped a good company would take over organizing Super GT for 2011.

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
If they say they have too many to handle such as S1K, F1, MME Endurance Race and etc...

just cancel those that are not earning much profit la...I think Super GT is one of the main events that attract a lot of fans and car enthusiast...dunno why they choose to stop Super GT if no one is gonna take over the event.

Well, I too hope Super GT will be continued next year and years to come. Is just wasted to stop it. Hope some other organisations will take over and make it one of the best event as it is.
Not only SuperGT but motoGP as well... motoGP byk laku bcoz of many aussie fans n mat rempits !!

Aiya....cancel off F1 sure a lot of time to do other events. Since is F1 that need to do the most promotions...
agreed, it is no harm doing it.. look at Canada n US.. they stop for a while to get back their funds to do back the event.. n look now got F1 for them...

how about Japan?? Fuji n Suzuka?? same thing rite?? some deal after 5 years change cicrcuit...

btw the new guy gave many unreasonable reasons n also love to do last minutes jobs according to sources !!

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
I certainly hope super GT continues. I sure legions of fans in malaysia or even from our neighbouring countries would love to see it continued.

Super GT now isnt only about JDM cars while the major Japanese manufacturers are still in with their beauties (4wheels la, & complemented with the RQ's), they have since grown from japan GT

it's is no easyfill the vacumm to organise but I'm sure it will be up to task (even if it may have some teething problems. at first)

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I have the same thought as you DK2.

I can see that F1 is the event that consumes the most money to promote and the return for SIC is not enough to cover back the cost they dumped in the promote it. Just look at the TV commercials, the ads in newspaper, radios, billboards, magazines...etc...

For Super GT and other events. SIC don't do such huge promos for them....I think SIC should cut down on the promos for F1 if they still want to keep F1 and channel the cut fund into other events or the building.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
driftkingII:
Yes, not to forget MotoGP as well. Would like to go but like you said can attract a lot of fans and also mat rempits.

So, not really safe to go...still Super GT should go on. It is a must.

TR:
You are right bro, I guess cutting down on cost and time for promoting F1 is a great idea. We don't see Super GT with tonnes of advertisements or promoting them greatly but still the crowd is still that big.

Is just depends on what we consumers want to see...if they like it a lot, without much of a promotions and advertisements, it will still be able to draw the fans and crowds to come for the event.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
I enjoyed the super Gt race, foremost i think there were more spills of 'racing'!!! how many times did the tussle between 1st to 3rd cars (and 4th) for top spot. heck even the side "scirocco" race was lively. of course the side distraction with the RQ were great tops (pardon the pun) with many of the spectators!

F1 is F1, lots of hype & great marketing from bernie & co's bandwagon. some may feel more allegiance to super gt mainly because the cars 'looks' as if something that fan's can relate on the road.

whoever who could take up the mettle of continuing (organise or franchise of it) of the super gt in malaysia, I hope we (fans or even SIC) can give the continued support.

we have an excellent track & its a pity "if" eventually our neighbours from the south overtake us with the hype & promotion (& basket, banter rights too) with a better show. we know F1 in sepang suffered a little (I'm sure many heard of the "night race" & all).

someone gotta rope in the right people to hear all views to improve future staging of Super GT in malaysia.

*sorry, i didnt read from page 1 of this thread, if there is any rehash of my pointers

Last edited:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
koolsyda has a point.

From my view, SIC should be holding tight to the exclusive rights to host Super GT outside of Japan...since until now there's no other countries that is hosting it. Compare to F1 there are so many races all around the world at different tracks and day by day new tracks are popping up. This is serious competition, and if SIC is not keeping the track at the highest lever they might lose the rights to hold F1 races. Same thing would happen to Super GT too if SIC is not keen to keep the contracting rolling. Others might step in to rob away the rights to host Super GT from SIC. Then SIC would lost 2 of the most important motorsports in it's stable. Yes, we might have AFOS, S1K, DB, MotoGP...etc...but these events are not going to hold SIC together in long run.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
Only in boleh-land does a registered company complain when given lots of business!

When got lots of business...not enough manpower to handle...eh hello top management of SIC...do u have any sort of management skills training OR degree/masters/PhD buy from UM 1? a manager should never give excuses but look for solutions. if u cant find a solution, give way to somebody who can.

a track that has no event is in my field of business...an IDLING asset. a depreciating asset that is incurring loss every hour of the day.

cant handle the amount of events is a stupid excuse. cant handle? open tender to event management companies and let them handle...there are so many methods to solve this stupid excuse(not reason) of not being able to handle the events.

i really dun understand how these blokes think...

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
eh i realize something la...

where is Hafizi ??? i am sure he is devastated to read this news !!!

Arturo, i agree with u... btw he has an aussie degree n best among all.. he was blacklisted by gov for mishandling many international events... so i wonder how he became CEO ?

driftkingII

2,000 RPM
Mar 2, 2005
Bandar Utama
Visit site
Like i said loh in my opening sentence...only in Boleh-land...

blacklisted? where to read up on these info?
some political website also frens who used to work for him told me about it...

he used to manage many concerts b4 Sepang..

hafizi nahar

May 4, 2009
From my view, SIC should be holding tight to the exclusive rights to host Super GT outside of Japan...since until now there's no other countries that is hosting it. Compare to F1 there are so many races all around the world at different tracks and day by day new tracks are popping up. This is serious competition, and if SIC is not keeping the track at the highest lever they might lose the rights to hold F1 races. Same thing would happen to Super GT too if SIC is not keen to keep the contracting rolling. Others might step in to rob away the rights to host Super GT from SIC. Then SIC would lost 2 of the most important motorsports in it's stable. Yes, we might have AFOS, S1K, DB, MotoGP...etc...but these events are not going to hold SIC together in long run.
yes,u r right titanrev.on sunday morning,i met razlan razali n he say the race will continued as always next year.but they still dont want to tell me or dont know who's the new promoter for next year.... they should make statement after the race..... about the 'rob away the rights to host' that makes me really scared..... i'm afraid if the other party will take advantage if they steal sic's rights to host the race........

about the rqs who come to malaysia,there's only 30 girls coming.the lowest compared to previous years.i'm really shocked when the team petronas tom's rqs dont come....... i'm tiredly do the note that u all say,one is marego kaiwa (malay language conversation) n the other one is gyaruon (rqs speech on stage text) in malay with japanese translation to them but so many of them dont come.... i'm really sad..... i just want to cry..... bcoz of this,i have to complain to masaaki bandoh.... for the team's rqs who dont come,i have to give to the team's PR n when they go back to japan they will give it to the rqs.did u all hear on sunday when zent sweeties n raybrig rq speak malay on stage? especially when yuka tanaka of raybrig say "saya cinta kamu"? i use my own initiative to help the rqs.

to blackhowling,about my teeth,dont worry,i will make a little fixing on it as soon as possible.my teeth always like that since i was little.

to titanrev,about the 'anak angkat',one sepang knows me.after the race finished,they give me rm200 in cash again for a 2nd year in a row.i'm so lucky right now.i dont know what to do with that money.i wish that i want to collect more money as maximum as possible to buy the gt club ticket next year or i will make a request to them.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car has a problem , everytime i wash my car few hours later can see watermark edy , why is dat and how do i remove it , any products to use and can sumbody help me in tis
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience